Billboard Charts (August 6-12, 2017)

iHype.

4 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

WT is not going #1 this week nor next week (see Simm's post). I love Rihanna, but that song is just ATROCIOUS, it's just a watered down and cheap version of "María María" :biblio: Also, Taylor might release before that song even gets a chance.

I didn't say it was going #1 this week or next week :lmao:

But you have been saying for over a month now that it has no chance to overtake Despacito at all, which is actually does. :doc:

No one knows when Taylor is going to release so until we get any news that bit isn't really relevant. Right now it's between Wild Thoughts and Despacito until we hear otherwise. :sorry:

And as for your opinion on WT's quality, that's subjective so it doesn't matter.

Edited by One Nation

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• One Nation

• simmnfierzig

• Sinister

Just now, ChartsFan said:

I will wait til Monday and BB AirPlay report.

as of last Monday, Despacoto was still 23m AI ahead.  I suspect it will still be over 10m ahead dome Monday. But we will see.

Even if it's not officially #1 in airplay this week it will for sure be next week.

Your post claimed that one of the reasons Wild Thoughts blew its chances of going #1 at all is because it can't overtake Despacito in airplay which it actually will sooner than later. So...yeah.

2 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Well of course WT will eventually overpass Despacito in AirPlay.  But that wasn't my point.  

My point was and always has been thst AirPlay gains are offset by sales and stream losses.

i don't know why I bother trying to talk logic to stans. It's futile. Always has been, always will be. Doesn't matter if it's music, movies, hobbies, it's all the same.

I guess this is directed towards me? Yikes :doc:

OT: It would be great for Pink to debut Top 10 but it doesn't look likely now. :(

40 minutes ago, Priyanka Chopra said:

So true.

N4Q1EDs.gif

In that case, your faves haven't had legit global hits since forever. Let's be realistic.

N4Q1EDs.gif

Ok...i'm looking at my list of faves and I am content with their hits.

That still doesn't deflect from the point for Despacito and how the remix is still above the discounted original

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Ow come on own it :)

you  have been relentless in regards to WT going number one.  You refuse to even acknowledge when people show where or when it did decline. Etc.

look, I'm all for cheering your favs. But I do like some reality mixed in. Your passion is great. But accepting or acknowledging the negatives (in regards to what you are cheering on)  is crucial as well.

I'm totally aware of the stats. It's just that some of you comments/the comments of others have been totally denying the possibility and chance that it still has to go #1 even now. That's the only problem I have.

Anyway, we'll see what happens.

24 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Ok...i'm looking at my list of faves and I am content with their hits.

That still doesn't deflect from the point for Despacito and how the remix is still above the discounted original

giphy.gif

The remix has always been at 10 spots above the original. Discount is not going to change that.

N4Q1EDs.gif

11 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Weekly. 

Just on-demand streaming. Not 100% in line with Billboard numbers

oh okay. thanks :)

3 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

WT really blew their chance for the top. Discounted too early.  I'm not sure what their team was thinking on that. They were still well behind on streams and AirPlay, should have waited til those gaps closed.

My thoughts on the discount are that they probably were informed that Taylor is releasing next friday and they saw this week as their last chance to go #1.

Edited by Agenor

QueenofCopyPaste
37 minutes ago, Agenor said:

My thoughts on the discount are that they probably were informed that Taylor is releasing next friday and they saw this week as their last chance to go #1.

Still no concrete info for this..just speculations

48 minutes ago, Agenor said:

Nah, they are still aware. They will push it further for sure.

Does unforgettable have a chance at passing WT though??

5 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

No.

And Despacito is #1 on Spotify and #2, soon back at #1, on iTunes. Can't just ignore the original, Billboard doesn't either. 

:rip: welp mariah is truly ****ed then

8 hours ago, Tinashebanks said:

Wild Thoughts #1 next week? Hopefully pop radio drops Despacito now it's not in top #2 on Spotify/iTunes/Shazam :fan:

no, too soon

would this be plausible if taylor releases next friday:

despacito 14th #1 week

despacito 15h #1 week

taylor debuts #1

wild thoughts #1 for a week or 2 before taylor reclaims #1 from her 2nd week drop.

9 hours ago, Priyanka Chopra said:

The original was already a smash on its own globally. In the US, it went Top 15 for the past few weeks without any discount and it's even surpassing the remix in a lot of countries where the remix smashed first. 

ATRL wants to diminish Despacito's success so bad.

N4Q1EDs.gif

Fndndndn

Nobody has ever denied the song was already huge worldwide. Ever. All Summer. It's just y'all hate Bieber so much you're stuck on stupid repeating irrelevant things. :deadbanana3: At the end of the day, the remix sent it to #1 and has been what got it to threatening a United States chart record. Whoopie!!! People finally realized there's an original version!!!!1111 Like, Christ :toofunny2: 

I just told my sister & her BF yesterday that Despacito has an original version without JB, & they didn't even know! The masses are just now discovering the original, which is gonna help it even more in beating MC's record! Also, IMO WT is trash. Especially the electric guitar. It doesn't even sound good! Definitely not worthy of snatching that #1

while the remix was a huge source of despacito power, the real driving point of difference is YouTube and that's all down to the original version as latin songs get hella views

go wa wa wa

2 hours ago, Isaiah said:

despacito 14th #1 week

despacito 15h #1 week

taylor debuts #1

wild thoughts #1 for a week or 2 before taylor reclaims #1 from her 2nd week drop.

if Taylot won't release this week, Despacito will take that week right?

2 hours ago, Isaiah said:

despacito 14th #1 week

despacito 15h #1 week

taylor debuts #1

Once Taylor releases, it will be game over for everyone. She will still be selling in her second week 2 times what Wild Thoughts will. And she'll reach over 100M AI in a matter of 2 weeks. Also, she'll be bigger than WT on Youtube as well in all of her weeks post-debut.

Ready for the meltdowns if Taylor won't be as big as everyone hype her to be... One cute week at #1 at most, not more. Mark my words.

1 minute ago, Badboidami said:

Ready for the meltdowns if Taylor won't be as big as everyone hype her to be... One cute week at #1 at most, not more. Mark my words.

She'll have a radio deal which most likely will bring her to 80M AI on her debut week (see as a reference "Chained To The Rhythm"). She will move over 100M AI on her second week of release. Also, her lead will probably open with 250k sales, a regular drop on her second week, will bring it to ~120k. And her streaming will be decent since she's pretty big on Youtube... So, yes, at least her lead will have multiple weeks at number one. Following singles might not do well or as well.

iTunes US (with versions combined)

1. Despacito 1.2144

2. What About Us 1.0581

3. Wild Thoughts 1.0569

Edited by andthenwekiss

33 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

Once Taylor releases, it will be game over for everyone. She will still be selling in her second week 2 times what Wild Thoughts will. And she'll reach over 100M AI in a matter of 2 weeks. Also, she'll be bigger than WT on Youtube as well in all of her weeks post-debut.

Of course Taylor will debut big regardless of what she releases, but the song could be essentially awful and not fully embraced by the GP. So dont presume to know what Taylor will be selling in her 2nd week.

If Taylor doesn't release. Despacito has essentially won. A tie is ugly enough.

48 minutes ago, Badboidami said:

They are so sure it'll ruin WT's chances :lmao: