• velocity

• Miles.

• ChatshireCat

15 minutes ago, Attitude said:

1984 being sold out everywhere. :skull:

wait omg i just looked that up :skull:

i guess it's finally time to read it then

Does anyone have a Goodreads profile?

Just ordered a couple of new books - The Wizard Of Oz (First Five Stories) Barnes and Noble Leatherbound Classic edition because they're gorgeous books, and Saturday by Ian McEwan. 

Edited by CountryBritney

finishing harry potter and the deathly hallows soon (second read. read it when i was 12) 

wanna start  Преступле́ние и наказа́ние  and then  hobbit/lord of the rings (this better be good) 

On 1/27/2017 at 1:16 PM, Samuel. said:

I'm currently reading It by Stephen King and WOW WOW I'm loving it so much. :clown:

iconic classic

i def wanna re-read it in the near future 

On 1/30/2017 at 10:50 PM, Gee said:

I'm in the middle of Finder's Keepers from the Mr. Mercedes trilogy. 

Stephen King really knows how to write a procedural.... I'm shook!

i only read mr mercedes (which is i hope part 1 :skull: ) are the rest good? 

currently reading everything i never told you by celeste ng :flower:

#1 on Publishers Weekly bestseller list:

George Orwell, Author, Erich Fromm, Afterword by
Jul

Well, at least you-know-who is motivating people to read literature via his...actions.

1984 has been selling so well. I work at Barnes & Noble and it is flying off our shelves. We had to shortlist 40 copies :jonny: 

Currently reading Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher. I'm a few chapters into The Woman in Cabin 10 and just starting Dark Matter. I don't know most author names :rip: 

Edited by Prometheus.

On 2/2/2017 at 6:48 AM, CountryBritney said:

Just ordered a couple of new books - The Wizard Of Oz (First Five Stories) Barnes and Noble Leatherbound Classic edition because they're gorgeous books, and Saturday by Ian McEwan. 

I do!

once i get the OP done i'm going to include all the members goodreads into it, if y'all want 

I've decided to get back into reading again this year, and so far I'm on my fourth book! I'm currently reading Heroes of the Frontier by Dave Eggers. I loved The Circle, and I am currently enjoying this. 

Also read this year:

I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes - amazing thriller

Life after Life by Kate Atkinson - stunning book

On 25.1.2017 at 3:04 AM, Scandalous said:

reading Anna Kendrick's memoir, almost finished with it :gaycat4: I don't usually like books in that genre, but it's fantastic and Anna is hilarious, it's made me fall in love with her more

This is on my to read list! I actually love celebrity memoirs (if I find them funny or interesting). I would recommend Mindy Kaling's books, and Amy Schumer's. 

On 2.2.2017 at 0:48 PM, CountryBritney said:

I do! My username is ndreaas :celestial4:

Life after Life was great for a lot of it, but fell apart in the back end. Sequel's boring.

On 1/29/2017 at 1:47 PM, Wafflecakes said:

I really liked the Shadow of What Was Lost, but I am very hesitant to get involved because it looks like it takes him a ****ing eternity to get his books out. I bought the book when he self published it in 2014 or 15, and they still don't have a release date for book #2.

I am getting pretty tired of authors who write slow.

I believe the 2nd book is releasing this summer and he's already writing the 3rd. But I agree, I don't like getting invested in slow writers. 

You'd think their contract with the publisher would have set deadlines.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished everything i never told you by celeste ng and i was really disappointed. i gave it like a 1.5 or something. 

the beginning of the novel was great and had me hooked but by the end i was just forcing myself to finish it so i could know what happened and the reveal so anti-climatic. i get that this book was supposed to be more of a character study but there's a difference in having flawed characters and completely unlikeable characters where they have literally zero likable things about them.

also one character is a son of immigrants and all he did was belittle his parents for working hard jobs and he remained ashamed of them for the rest of his life (as far as not even telling his wife about them) and i was so angry and offended at that. I'm a child of immigrants and my parents have also had hard jobs and they did all that so that I could have a better life and reading someone disrespecting parents like that made me just so angry.

I am always pissed when the person in the shop says to me: Sorry dear, we don't have that book anymore. But we can order it for you if you want.

Me: How long it will take?

She: Next order is in July, maybe November? Does that work for you?

Like wtf :'(

I won't wait until then. I mean, I usually wait but still... its not cool when you live in a small town with one or two book stores.

My last book was If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon.

I didn't like it. Am I crazy to think that Sheldon is so overrated? 

Nevermind, his books are definetely not cup of my tea.

Just finished A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara. I'm gonna need a moment month to compose myself to start anew. :deadbanana3:

I got an internship at a huge book publisher and there are free books everywhere it's like heaven I recommend it to everyone 

31 minutes ago, geddymonster said:

I hope everyone in here has read The Infernal Devices trilogy!

2hfi64h.jpg

No I haven't but should I? :duca:

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

No I haven't but should I? :duca:

Have you read any of the Shadowhunter books before?

1 hour ago, geddymonster said:

I hope everyone in here has read The Infernal Devices trilogy!

2hfi64h.jpg

Clare's best work thus far

2hfi64h.jpg

Although The Dark Artifices is coming for wigs, so hold on

2hfi64h.jpg