Book Discussion

velocity

12 minutes ago, wehan6 said:

i hate reading but i told myself that i have to read at least 10 books this year!

are there any books about a woman who is insane, weird etc. kinda like gone girl

Audition by  Ryu Murakami is like the first thing that came to mind but I haven't read gone girl yet.

I'm reading The Danish Girl right now and it's pretty interesting so far.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• velocity

• Miles.

• ChatshireCat

6 hours ago, velocity said:

that's fine sis, i'm from Austria :party:

Oh nice! Ok the book is called "Das Kind in Dir muss Heimat finden" von Stefanie Stahl. Messy title but awesome book. 

37 minutes ago, velocity said:

judging you rn

but the kind worth killing by peter swanson is really, really good

Audition by  Ryu Murakami

thanks! :) i'll check it out

Edited by wehan6

2 hours ago, Daddy said:

Oh nice! Ok the book is called "Das Kind in Dir muss Heimat finden" von Stefanie Stahl. Messy title but awesome book. 

screaming at the title but let me check whether my library has it and if not i'll order it :party:

Just finished reading Something Like Rain. It's from a wider series of gay fiction and I largely enjoyed every entry (especially the Fall one, that was amazing) so if anyone wants some gay fiction to read go check it out! I read it on iBooks.

Can someone give me a recommendation for anything mythology related in the vain of Rick Riordan's work? Just more adult. I'm growing tired of YA. :dancehall: 

reading Anna Kendrick's memoir, almost finished with it :gaycat4: I don't usually like books in that genre, but it's fantastic and Anna is hilarious, it's made me fall in love with her more

Edited by Scandalous

Re-reading the Harry Potter series again (beginning from the first book) and the magic is still there :'(

Finished Girl in Pieces and it's absolutely incredible, def recommend :heart2:

I'm currently reading The Song Of Achilles and the other day I bought a few Haruki Murakami books and both Han Kang books as well. I'm planning on reading them next but university starts soon so I probably won't have time. :cm:

About to finish "An Abundance of Katherines" by John Green. Liking it so far, but nowhere near as good as Looking for Alaska or even TFIOS.

On 25/01/2017 at 0:10 AM, Cantaloupe. said:

Can someone give me a recommendation for anything mythology related in the vain of Rick Riordan's work? Just more adult. I'm growing tired of YA. :dancehall: 

I definitely recommend The Song of Achilles - it's kind of a mix of YA and Adult so I think you'd enjoy it. I think anybody even vaguely interested in mythology HAS to read it.

15 hours ago, Nate said:

I'm currently reading The Song Of Achilles and the other day I bought a few Haruki Murakami books and both Han Kang books as well. I'm planning on reading them next but university starts soon so I probably won't have time. :cm:

How are you finding the book? I finished it recently and absolutely adored it, I still find myself thinking about it every day since :rip: It's one of the most beautiful books I've ever read.

Haruki is great too! I love Kafka On The Shore, I have a pile of his books just waiting to be read, he's a brilliant writer. 

Ive been on a bit of an extended hiatus from reading and I hate myself for it. 

Just finally picked up the third Miss Peregrine book so hopefully this will break me from my reading slump.

I just finished the first Heroes of Olympians book and I'm moving on to Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. I'll save the rest of the series for later.

On 1/19/2017 at 10:03 AM, Ares said:

I highly recommend 'The Shadow of What Was Lost' by James Islington.

29467247.jpg

Very fast paced Fantasy book. Reads sort of like a YA but! has the elements of adult fantasy.

Also can someone hold a gun to GRRM head and make his ass use more than one finger to type TWOW.

I really liked the Shadow of What Was Lost, but I am very hesitant to get involved because it looks like it takes him a ****ing eternity to get his books out. I bought the book when he self published it in 2014 or 15, and they still don't have a release date for book #2.

I am getting pretty tired of authors who write slow.

On 1/22/2017 at 4:29 AM, soramaro said:

Yes, yes, YES! Probably my fave author rn; I cannot wait for the 3rd volume of the "Stormlight Archive". Love how he tells stories and creates characters. Kaladin is probably one of my favourites ever.

He is definitely my favorite active author now that Anne McCaffery and Robert Jordan are gone. I love the SA, but have been somewhat disappointed with the direction of the Mistborn Universe... as the new series is kinda ****.

I am in desperate need for for some new authors since 2 of my favs died, Rowling stopped putting out books I want to read, Terry Brooks turned to garbage, and Orson Scott Card declined.

On 1/29/2017 at 3:41 PM, Koons said:

I definitely recommend The Song of Achilles - it's kind of a mix of YA and Adult so I think you'd enjoy it. I think anybody even vaguely interested in mythology HAS to read it.

How are you finding the book? I finished it recently and absolutely adored it, I still find myself thinking about it every day since :rip: It's one of the most beautiful books I've ever read.

Haruki is great too! I love Kafka On The Shore, I have a pile of his books just waiting to be read, he's a brilliant writer. 

I'm enjoying it but I'm not enthralled just yet. It's taken me a WHILE to get halfway but I've gotten to the point where it seems like the book is really about to kick off. The writing is fantastic though, it's beautifully written. 

I'm in the middle of Finder's Keepers from the Mr. Mercedes trilogy. 

Stephen King really knows how to write a procedural.... I'm shook!

ugh i wish i could borrow ebooks from overdrive and read them on my kindle but that doesn't work :doc:

i really wish i had known that before buying a kindle because I probably would've gone for a kobo again