'Beyonce Studies' professor fired

VOSS

allred-tweet.png

Kevin Allred, who describes himself as a “Beyoncé professor” teaching the politics of pop culture and Beyoncé Knowles, announced last night that Montclair State had fired him from their faculty before he had a chance to teach a single class, and offered a sarcastic “congrats to the Trump trolls”

Allred didn’t just stop at criticizing Trump, but openly wished for Trump to get shot three days ago in a now-deleted tweet. One of Allred’s celebrity followers warned him that he might have gone a wee bit too far.

One point to keep in mind: we don’t actually know whether Montclair State’s decision to terminate Allred had anything to do with his social media habits. They may have simply decided that they didn’t really need a “Beyoncé studies” program after working out the syllabi with Allred. (A search on Montclair’s site for Allred turns up one link, but the reference to Allred has been deleted from that page.) However, Allred himself seems to chalk his firing up to blowback from his social media speech, and wishing for an assassination might make even the most progressive of campuses a wee bit skittish, especially for a new hire.

SOURCE

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm why would anyone teach a course on Beyonce? And why would anyone want to take that course? .... regardless on what people like to waste their time and money, as much as I dislike 45... the "professor" shouldn't have said that about Trump... 

5 minutes ago, Letters From Adi said:

Completely unnecessary major, waste of money.

this :rip: 

But I can't say that I don't agree with his tweet :fan:

He was already fired from the original university he taught the Beyonce class at, also for tweeting about Trump. Sad!

Believe it or not a bunch of people including myself wanted to major in Beyoncé studies. All two of us are going to protest on the main quad this Friday 

3 minutes ago, Cute said:

Believe it or not a bunch of people including myself wanted to major in Beyoncé studies. All two of us are going to protest on the main quad this Friday 

:ahh:

wesleywalrus
8 minutes ago, Cute said:

:rip:

feelslikeadream

Maybe Tidal will hire him since I'm sure his "Beyonce studies" lesson plans are about as legit as Tidal's chart statistics.

JustActinUP
8 minutes ago, jezebelvictoria said:

Talking about killing him because you can't teach pop culture and Beyonce? :ace: 

His comment about Trump, has nothing to do with Beyoncé. 

jezebelvictoria
Just now, JustActinUP said:

His comment about Trump, has nothing to do with Beyoncé. 

'Kevin Allred, who describes himself as a “Beyoncé professor” teaching the politics of pop culture and Beyoncé Knowles'

I see her name. 

Archived