Billboard Charts (July 30-August 5, 2017)

iHype.

3 minutes ago, Hidden said:

Why are HDD editors saying billboard is now counting free streams when they are being counted since always? I've always known you don't need a Spotify premium account to stream an artist and make it count

but you at least need a spotify account to stream the music on spotify for free. it was not needed for meek's release. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• UNNAMI

• brianc33710

• iHype.

as people pointed out it's mostly the flawed and non existent communication that's making this even more messy as it already is. 

they don't have to namedrop which company hasn't provided their data yet but just basically saying what some people in here already suggested would be way more transparent than what they're doing now, event their announcement of the delay was done pretty late and messy.

a simple "we're missing sales of a major retail company due to an intern technical error which occured at the end of the week" or something like this would clear things up but they're being completely silent about the issue making some people come up with the wildest theories.

4 minutes ago, Hidden said:

Why are HDD editors saying billboard is now counting free streams when they are being counted since always? I've always known you don't need a Spotify premium account to stream an artist and make it count

When they say free streams they mean you can access it for free in HQ without making an account or listening to ads. Because there's no way to verify who's listening and they don't generate revenue, the inclusion of these streams is somewhat fishy. Spotify free streams still require ads and account login.

Tyler, his revenge for ATRL paying his like album dust:dies::cm:

1 hour ago, rodrigo_2198 said:

But didn't they change the rules on the last minute? I really can't remember exactly what happened.

1 hour ago, rodrigo_2198 said:

With a double album, they counted the sales twice... or am I wrong?

False, the eagles sold 700k. Double albums are counted twice for certifications (which is RIAA, not Billboard). So selling 1 million double albums would make you eligible for a 2x Platinum certificate, but Billboard counts it as 1 million units sold. 

The rule that that was changed last minute is that account exclusive albums are not eligible to chart, and the eagles album was only sold at Walmart, so people expected it wouldn't chart. It was a stupid rule in the first place for sure, people were just shocked because they didn't expect it to get changed. 

What are they waiting for? some Tidal checks didn't clear yet? 

It's obvious Lana won't be #1 at this point even though she really is...so no need for this mess. We know what will happen already :rip:

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, DELE2125 said:

Well, they have called out Nielsen some times before for providing wrong data, as they did in the "High By The Beach debuting at #7" case... It's just way too suspicious. And even then, they're not obliged to reveal the provider's name, just saying "There's missing STREAMING or SALES data for some artists, due to one of the provider's mistake" would be enough, but they're not even addressing which data are they missing. Is it sales? Is it streaming? Are they even giving an approximate time to when people should expect the charts to be finally out? I mean...

hm touché

does it really matter though, whether or not it's wrong sales or wrong streams? idk… like, I can only see it mattering to ATRL, who has made it their deal that lana gets her #1 from meek's questionable tidal streams. it's not like lana gives a ****

side note: if I'm going to have to join the constant conspiracy theorising in this thread, then I'm gonna be honest and say that I think it's probably lana's webstore. that happened right on thursday in the middle of the day

1 minute ago, Yndda said:

hm touché

does it really matter though, whether or not it's wrong sales or wrong streams? idk… like, I can only see it mattering to ATRL, who has made it their deal that lana gets her #1 from meek's questionable tidal streams. it's not like lana gives a ****

side note: if I'm going to have to join the constant conspiracy theorising in this thread, then I'm gonna be honest and say that I think it's probably lana's webstore. that happened right on thursday in the middle of the day

They said it was a "top.-tier data provider" which is hardly Lana's or Tyler's webstore :rip:

While ppl love to say: well Lana probably doesn't give a ****". Maybe she doesn't or maybe she does even a little like every other artist? Idk, do you have her on the phone or something?

But that is not even the point. It is completly irrelevant how Lana, Tyler or Meek feel about this. These are the official US charts and I am sure they matter even outside of ATRL :rip:

• ATRL Moderator
17 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

They said it was a "top.-tier data provider" which is hardly Lana's or Tyler's webstore :rip:

While ppl love to say: well Lana probably doesn't give a ****". Maybe she doesn't or maybe she does even a little like every other artist? Idk, do you have her on the phone or something?

But that is not even the point. It is completly irrelevant how Lana, Tyler or Meek feel about this. These are the official US charts and I am sure they matter even outside of ATRL :rip:

didn't she say that she doesn't give a **** about charts in a recent interview? I think she did say something along those lines

and sorry I didn't notice the "top-tier" part, apologies :heart2:

the charts kind of only really matter to pop stans, industry people, and chart fans. I did acknowledge this earlier in my convo with DELE2125. like, I don't see people in the streets going like "omg did u hear this song just broke the record for most weeks at #2 without going #1????" unless it's mentioned as a quick lil "impressive!" factoid

Edited by Yndda

I bet Tidal is currently negotiating a price with BB to make Meek #1. Ready for the mess.

39 minutes ago, Dephira said:

False, the eagles sold 700k. Double albums are counted twice for certifications (which is RIAA, not Billboard). So selling 1 million double albums would make you eligible for a 2x Platinum certificate, but Billboard counts it as 1 million units sold. 

The rule that that was changed last minute is that account exclusive albums are not eligible to chart, and the eagles album was only sold at Walmart, so people expected it wouldn't chart. It was a stupid rule in the first place for sure, people were just shocked because they didn't expect it to get changed. 

Thanks for the info!

While Billboard still hasn't posted this week's charts (while ours was finalized on Friday).

More shade in HDD's album predictions article :deadbanana3:

x

Edited by elemonated

It's been 84 years

My fellow Lana stans remain strong. :heart2: 

I can't believe this is happening, one of the messiest things Billboard has done. I feel disgusted.

Edited by Ger-55

1 hour ago, elemonated said:

More shade in HDD's album predictions article :deadbanana3:

x

A mess with Lana and Tyler out of the top 10. I guess Meek really won.....

Billboard not releasing another statement at this point is really messy.

They still haven't cleared it up? :deadbanana3: 

Watch they post the rebuttal at 5 in the morning

What is happening? Did Jay Zee's cheque not get cleared yet? Or BB are making a strategy to expose him and his fraudulent ways?

... is lana not #1?.. wasn't it already announced... lust for life DESERVES.