JGibson

Soccer/Football Thread ⚽

Jaye
1 minute ago, Ronaldista said:

BARÇA CAN HAVE THE COPA, WE WILL TAKE THE CL

the footballing gods are serving them karma since Atleti was robbed 

fernandoschurros
2 minutes ago, cypriotpcdfan said:

i don't see Real winning 2 years in a row. P.S.G just made a statement. They are COMING for than final. 

I also don't see bayern making it past the semi-finals. My prediction is Real-P.S.G for the final. Unless they meet before. 

I'm not sure I see Real winning it either, but I could see Atléti finally doing it.

NMiguelCosta

Didn't know about a soccer thread here. 

I see you talking about CL but my team only plays next week against Juventus. I hope they miss as many changes as Dortmund against Benfica or we'll get demolished. :rip:

cypriotpcdfan
Just now, Ronaldista said:

I'm not sure I see Real winning it either, but I could see Atléti finally doing it.

Atleti? Naaaah. They aren't that strong this year. 

fernandoschurros
Just now, NMiguelCosta said:

I see you talking about CL but my team only plays next week against Juventus. I hope they miss as many changes as Dortmund against Benfica or we'll get demolished. :rip:

Hello and welcome! It's always great to see more soccer fans on here :party:

You support Porto? Nice! I am hoping Iker will do some amazing saves to get them through

cypriotpcdfan
Just now, NMiguelCosta said:

Porto? I hate y'all for letting Quaresma leave. He is one of my favorite players. i think you guys will put a fair fight. They should try and get a great score in Portugal. Because in Italy, Juve is UNSTOPPABLE. 

fernandoschurros
1 minute ago, cypriotpcdfan said:

Atleti? Naaaah. They aren't that strong this year. 

Until last week I thought the same but after Celta Vigo I think anything is possible for them now. CL is the last title they can get and they will fight for it.

cypriotpcdfan

Until last week I thought the same but after Celta Vigo I think anything is possible for them now. CL is the last title they can get and they will fight for it.

they weren't even that great against Celta. but Atletic always puts a great fight in CL so i do see them flopping like barca. but I don't see them making the final this year. 

Jaye

Not even the crossbar is letting Barca score today I can'tttttt. 

4 minutes ago, NMiguelCosta said:

I'm rooting for Porto too because of all the Mexican players so you're not alone <3 

1 minute ago, Ronaldista said:

They have that never say die attitude so they won't go out without a fight. 

fernandoschurros

lost my bet because Aubameyang is such a loser :grump: 

muddysquirrel

The way Barca got wrecked. :jonny2::ahh: 

NMiguelCosta

Hello and welcome! It's always great to see more soccer fans on here :party:

You support Porto? Nice! I am hoping Iker will do some amazing saves to get them through

That's what makes me more nervous about the game, Iker has games where he does absolutely amazing saves and others where.. well, you're a Madrid fan so you know. :biggrin:

Just now, cypriotpcdfan said:

Porto? I hate y'all for letting Quaresma leave. He is one of my favorite players. i think you guys will put a fair fight. They should try and get a great score in Portugal. Because in Italy, Juve is UNSTOPPABLE. 

I'm thinking about our CL playoff against AS Roma and hopeful we can manage to do something like that. Porto's tactic seems to do well with teams that want to have possession of the ball and take control of the game. If we can score 1 or 2 goals home is definitly possible.

Just now, Jaye said:

I'm rooting for Porto too because of all the Mexican players so you're not alone <3 

Corona and Layún are some of my favorites players in the team, but Herrera i just hate his guts. I'm sorry. 

muddysquirrel

MSN.

trash-3.gif

Jaye
1 minute ago, NMiguelCosta said:

Corona and Layún are some of my favorites players in the team, but Herrera i just hate his guts. I'm sorry. 

Layun was the captain of my favorite Mexican team before he left for Europe and broke my heart. Corona is amazing too. Herrera can choke he's been playing horribly for a while now and its screwed up some national team games. 

Layun's shining moment as Captain when he was moved from LB to CM for the first time and scored 4 goals. Watching it live was just a bizarre moment.

2 minutes ago, muddysquirrel said:

MSN.

trash-3.gif

:fan:

fernandoschurros

just saw this on Tumblr

Barca cant complain about Valentines day, they got ****ed in Paris

hsdfhdsjlfhdjslhf :ahh: 

cypriotpcdfan
18 minutes ago, muddysquirrel said:

MSN.

trash-3.gif

YES at the Jules gif :clap3:

Eóghan

I still can't believe Barcelona got destroyed like that lmao :rip: 

Everyone I know bet on Barça

Britney Spears

UEFAlona humiliated and out of CL already. What a great week.

Jaye

Everyone swore Barca was gonna get through Im dead

Jaye

Some stuff about Griezmann and his United transfer:

"Who knows how the season will finish. If it finishes badly, maybe I will ask myself the question. For the moment, it is not relevant... Aside from that, I am asking myself where I could go. In Spain, there is Barcelona and Real Madrid. Barcelona have the three up top. Real Madrid, that is impossible because of the club I am at. I think that between them, there is a pact. Germany, the league does not attract me much. France, not for the moment. And England, I have a lot of doubts about my private life. Everything like rain, bad weather... I need to feel happy outside."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2693026-manchester-united-transfer-news-latest-antoine-griezmann-thomas-muller-rumours

fernandoschurros
5 hours ago, Jaye said:

Some stuff about Griezmann and his United transfer:

"Who knows how the season will finish. If it finishes badly, maybe I will ask myself the question. For the moment, it is not relevant... Aside from that, I am asking myself where I could go. In Spain, there is Barcelona and Real Madrid. Barcelona have the three up top. Real Madrid, that is impossible because of the club I am at. I think that between them, there is a pact. Germany, the league does not attract me much. France, not for the moment. And England, I have a lot of doubts about my private life. Everything like rain, bad weather... I need to feel happy outside."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2693026-manchester-united-transfer-news-latest-antoine-griezmann-thomas-muller-rumours

He should just stay at Atléti tbh. I don't think transferring would be an improvement for him except money-wise. He'd struggle to get regular playtime and I don't think he'd like England either. He doesn't even speak the language yet

less than 6 hours :duca::duca::duca: 

Phoenetic

I'm a Utd fan and I'd love to see him transfer to Utd, but I don't really see the point. They have Ibrahimovic now (although obviously not for long), and still have Martial and Rashford who can both succesfully play as strikers as well. Rooney maybe not so much anymore, or not in this squad anyway.

I don't see it happening, honestly.

cypriotpcdfan

i have this hunch that Bayern ain't winning tonight.  

filmman

Oh wowww that Napoli player :heart2: 

I'm in love

Jaye
5 hours ago, Ronaldista said:

He should just stay at Atléti tbh. I don't think transferring would be an improvement for him except money-wise. He'd struggle to get regular playtime and I don't think he'd like England either. He doesn't even speak the language yet

less than 6 hours :duca::duca::duca: 

I mean Atleti maybe not be as big a name as the others, but they're still one of the best teams in the world so its not like he'd be making such a jump. Plus they've gone further than most english teams in the UCL the past few years anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

Oh wowww that Napoli player :heart2: 

I'm in love

which one?

Who are yall rooting for today in the UCL?