JGibson

Soccer/Football Thread ⚽

fernandoschurros

Bayern are playing weak af too. That match against Arsenal is lining up to be a snoozefest :zzz: 

Britney Spears

Crystal Palace 0 - 4 Sunderland

:eek: Where's Sunderland 4ever? 

fernandoschurros

omg :ahh: I can't breathe how is he even real????

Britney Spears

Eh, he was lucky the goalie made a huge mistake

Liverpool in the PL this year

0 wins, 3 draws, 2 losses :rip:

Britney Spears

Everton 6 : 3 Bournemouth

Highest scoring PL match this season

rihannafan

ahhh hazard

Edited by rihannafan

fernandoschurros
10 minutes ago, Britney Spears said:

Eh, he was lucky the goalie made a huge mistake

yeah right, it was all the goalie's doing. nothing to do with skill

fernandoschurros

Torres scored :jonny2: 

200.gif

fernandoschurros

Torres scored a brace :jonny3: which means:

• He scored his 100th goal in La Liga
  • He scored Atléti's 4.500th goal in La Liga

Even better, he made his debut for Atléti in 2001 (16 freaking years ago) against this same team.

What a legend :jonny2: What a time to be alive, I feel so happy and proud :jonny: 

Jaye

This is probably a long shot but does anyone watch the Mexican league? Anyway though to introduce myself.. I pretty much watch the EPL primarily (Manchester United fan) but I also keep up with soccer from Spain and Portugal. 

On 1/22/2017 at 9:20 PM, mdnazn said:

I just want this thread to know that

King Antoine Griezmann is the future face of soccer.

Accept him, embrace him, fear him

2MrRsL0.gif

I'm ready to bow down to that beautiful human being.

Sgt. Pepper

I'm very happy for my Chelsea today! Great goal by Hazard, he made Coquelin looks like an amateur dancer out there! Petr Cech forgot which team he played when he gave the ball straight away to blues shirt, and Conte, what a celebration!

fernandoschurros
7 hours ago, Jaye said:

This is probably a long shot but does anyone watch the Mexican league? Anyway though to introduce myself.. I pretty much watch the EPL primarily (Manchester United fan) but I also keep up with soccer from Spain and Portugal. 

I'm ready to bow down to that beautiful human being.

Hello and welcome :hug:  Any particular teams you're supporting in Spain and Portugal? Do you think Griezi will transfer to ManU in the summer?

6 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'm very happy for my Chelsea today! Great goal by Hazard, he made Coquelin looks like an amateur dancer out there! Petr Cech forgot which team he played when he gave the ball straight away to blues shirt, and Conte, what a celebration!

Welcome to you too :hug:It was a great match for Chelsea. Loved all those things you mentioned

JGibson

Sad day for my Gunners. I hate to say it, but Arsène Wenger needs to get sacked or resign. 

Sgt. Pepper

Also I'd like to talk about Liverpool. Why are they struggling right now? It's Klopp to blame. He forced his players with that gegenpressing nonsense week in week out. I mean this tactics is great and very eyecatching in the eye, but you've got to be realistic, you can't implement the same full running strategy every week. And he also rarely rotate his players, including the embarassing Dejan Lovren. The players has worn out in January is not a good sign for his team. I'm still pretty sure though they're likely to secure top 4 finish this season considering 4 of the top 6 are still competing in Europe

cypriotpcdfan
33 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Also I'd like to talk about Liverpool. Why are they struggling right now? It's Klopp to blame. He forced his players with that gegenpressing nonsense week in week out. I mean this tactics is great and very eyecatching in the eye, but you've got to be realistic, you can't implement the same full running strategy every week. And he also rarely rotate his players, including the embarassing Dejan Lovren. The players has worn out in January is not a good sign for his team. I'm still pretty sure though they're likely to secure top 4 finish this season considering 4 of the top 6 are still competing in Europe

I agree. I was always a Man Und fan since I was young, but I love watching Liverpool play. They have a certain appeal as a team. But they are going from bad to worse. And their main problem is playing against weaker teams. They play great against big teams and I don't think they've lost a derby. But they flop so hard against teams like Swansea, Hull e.t.c Klopp is definitely to blame here. I LOVE him as a coach, but he is burning the team. First of all, he didn't even make any transfers during the Winter season. And you are definitely right. He doesn't rotate his players and it's obvious that they are showing signs of exhaustion.

Tbh, if Liverpool didn't win Premier League 3 years ago with the PHENOMENAL team they had, they never will.

Jaye
10 hours ago, Ronaldista said:

Hello and welcome :hug:  Any particular teams you're supporting in Spain and Portugal? Do you think Griezi will transfer to ManU in the summer?

Welcome to you too :hug:It was a great match for Chelsea. Loved all those things you mentioned

I don't have any strong allegience to any team in Spain really but my dads a hardcore Madrid fan so I always just grew up rooting for them primarily however, because Griezmann is one of my favorite players I sometimes find myself rooting for Atleti and their everlasting underdog story. It broke my heart this season that Antoine came second in practically everything from tournaments to awards. I'd be so happy if he transferred to united and by the looks of it his brother probably wants it to happen too.

In Portugal I'm torn since two of my favorite players transferred from my favorite Mexican team to Benfica (Raul Jimenez) and Porto (Miguel Layun) respectively and even though I lean more towards Benfica I'm always just hoping both teams do well so they could shine. 

fernandoschurros

I am nervous as hell for tonight :jonny: Praying to every God that Atléti will be able to make it through somehow. It's gonna be wild

Jaye

Its tough when you love both Neymar and Griezmann but Barcelona irks my soul so Atleti need to pull through or I'm going to be annoyed

Edited by Jaye

legendaya_SSLP

my fav Liverpool keeps failing and failing :rip:

fernandoschurros
57 minutes ago, Jaye said:

Its tough when you love both Neymar and Griezmann but Barcelona irks my soul so Atleti need to pull through or I'm going to be annoyed

looks like it's not gonna happen now :doc: this is so typical... we started so well, created so many chances. of course they come back to bite us in the ass and Barça score that one time they get through to our goal

Jaye
3 minutes ago, Ronaldista said:

looks like it's not gonna happen now :doc: this is so typical... we started so well, created so many chances. of course they come back to bite us in the ass and Barça score that one time they get through to our goal

Even when Barca aren't playing well they still somehow end up winning.. such a mess. A comeback doesn't seem likely at this point. It really is going to take a miracle for atleti to turn it around and I'm hoping it happens.

fernandoschurros
3 minutes ago, Jaye said:

Even when Barca aren't playing well they still somehow end up winning.. such a mess. A comeback doesn't seem likely at this point. It really is going to take a miracle for atleti to turn it around and I'm hoping it happens.

Yeah I mean that's what makes them one of the best teams in the world but I hate them so much for it right now. I need this for Atléti, they fight so hard, they deserve it. I don't care how, even if it's 3 penalties I'll take it

Jaye
18 minutes ago, Ronaldista said:

Yeah I mean that's what makes them one of the best teams in the world but I hate them so much for it right now. I need this for Atléti, they fight so hard, they deserve it. I don't care how, even if it's 3 penalties I'll take it

They always get the short end of the stick season after season after so much heart and so much fight. Both Simeone and the players deserve so much more for the hard work they put in. 

edit: I'm MAD THAT WASNT OFFSIDE WHAT THE HELL

Edited by Jaye

fernandoschurros
12 minutes ago, Jaye said:

They always get the short end of the stick season after season after so much heart and so much fight. Both Simeone and the players deserve so much more for the hard work they put in. 

It is tragic, considering how they've worked so hard and come so far from nothing. And once again it's just not meant to be, that goal was not offside, it should have counted.

But honestly I am getting mad at Simeone and his crazy choices now... why would he take out Torres?! The kind of player you need when you're trying to turn around a match. I'm done

Jaye

I hate this

giphy.gif