Billboard: Joanne heading for No. 2 with 70k

Before the Dawn

Also on next week’s top 10, watch for Lady Gaga’s Joanne album to surge back into the top five -- and possibly to No. 2 -- following her Super Bowl halftime performance on Feb. 5. Prognosticators suggest the former No. 1 album could earn over 70,000 units in the week ending Feb. 9

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7678203/big-sean-heading-number-one-billboard-200-albums-chart?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=Direct

Great :clap3:

Even tho I don't like this album, hope she gains momentum for the next one and go back to her roots.

come thru legend oMGGG 

are these record numbers for superbowl promo?  i dont remember any other girls getting this level of a boost

11 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

come thru legend oMGGG 

are these record numbers for superbowl promo?  i dont remember any other girls getting this level of a boost

Yes record. :)

her boost is so massive (not just for joanne but even her old stuff which wasnt the case with previous HT performers ). People do miss her.

Hope the Pop gaga is back with a bang next era. 

for this era hope DIC and JW are singles are decent top 30 hits :)

how many of the 70k will be pure sales? ı hope she can pass the 50k sales mark. iirc, bruno's album did 70k+ but it was 2014, if she can do 70k+ sales, it will be the greatest recent sb boost.

I think MJ - Dangerous had the GOAT boost, it also gave it a tremendous longevity.

edit: coldplay also did 70k+ but that was with that 0.99$ pricing :katie:

Edited by Tremor Christ

:clap3:her 2nd best álbum better come through.

LUVS IT hihi

5jFbU2w.gif

Amazing

3 hours ago, Isaiah said:

come thru legend oMGGG 

girls? yes

Bruno's numbers were:

Between Christmas and the Grammy's, Unorthodox Jukebox had generated between 9,000 and 11,000 units in the two-week lull for the ones ending Jan. 12 and Jan. 19. But then sales started to accelerate in the week before and week of the Super Bowl. They went up to 15,000 the week before and up to 42,000 in the week ending on Super Bowl Sunday. Then sales really took off in the week right after the Feb. 2, 2014 Super Bowl, when the album hit 81,000 units -- it kept performing well for many weeks, tallying about an incremental 300,000 units in all before sliding back down to under the 10,000-units-a-week mark for the week ending March 30, 2014.

Mars' first album, Doo-Wop and Hooligans, also received a decent sales bump. The set went from around 4,000 units a week it had been averaging in January 2014, up to 16,000, 26,000 and 13,000 in the three weeks from Jan. 27 through Feb. 17, before sliding back downwards.

Anyway this is amazing :clap3: 

I think this was the perfect album cycle to do SB. A lot of people did not give Joanne a chance just because Perfect Illusion was not that good a lead single (love the song but it was not lead single material tbh). But now with the SB and a lot of regained interest they will give her album a chance and might be pleasantly surprised. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.