Ozark: Season 1 | Netflix Original

Daddy

Watched the premiere last night and was blown away.  It was fantastic!  Gave off very strong Breaking Bad vibes (in a good way!).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished this last week, it was great.  It was like if Breaking Bad was set in Missouri.  

Jason was great, the script and plot were both tight, and there were enough shocking moments to keep things interesting!  Especially in the finale!

But I gotta say, Julia Garner (Ruth) STOLE the show.  She was fantastic.  Like, Emmy worthy BSA, in my opinion.  I can't wait to see more from her!

• 4 weeks later...

Holy crap, this show! LOVED it. Dark, cinematic, completely addictive. I'm glad Netflix already renewed this for a second season, I'm so in for whatever comes next.

Jason Bateman surprised me in this role and I didn't know he had the directing chops either. Very impressed.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Mr Greenbird
43 minutes ago, Maddox said:

Reviews are out, overall a mixed response but who's surprised lol

Some messy freshmen shows improve with sophomore season but this one doesn't I guess.. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Greenbird said:

Some messy freshmen shows improve with sophomore season but this one doesn't I guess.. 

The drama slump curse continues

Mr Greenbird
7 minutes ago, Maddox said:

The drama slump curse continues

I remember MZS said Snowfall improved with S2 but idk lol

Anyway defo bad year for returning dramas

On 16/08/2018 at 2:38 PM, Mr Greenbird said:

Did you read this?? Damn:jonny: 

"... I know many people who think the second season of The Handmaid's Taleseason was nonstop suffering ****. The second season of Ozark makes the second season of The Handmaid's Tale seem alive with color (which it is), subversive humor (which it is) and episodic variation (which maybe it isn't). The second season of Ozark left me feeling exhausted and without any compensating payoffs. Though the show that I like is still a piece of the Ozark tapestry, the process of wading through the swamp to get there no longer feels worth the effort. Your results may vary."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/ozark-review-season-2-1135695

11 minutes ago, Mr Greenbird said:

Well that sounds really tragic :cupid:

He made some points on Garner's emmy snub/the undeserving directing picks

Mr Greenbird
3 minutes ago, Maddox said:

He made some points on Garner's emmy snub/the undeserving directing picks

Actually I didn't read full article but great points, I agree with him. She was best on S1 & those 2 directing noms are extremely undeserved. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished this second season, it has been great at the same level of the first one :clap3:

I love her, my fave character, she deserves Emmys-Globes :clap3:

Archived