#BlackDontCrack

Devin

6 hours ago, St. Francis said:

pinkpantheress (although she's mixed) is coming up. She's wholesome and makes good lo-fi, indie pop music. She also started out on TikTok I believe.

I’m gonna have to get into her more. 

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Javan

• Keith

• Dessy

• Thinking Of You

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/5/2022 at 9:24 PM, WestHaven said:

Do y’all think there’s a chance of a black teen girl having the immense rise to fame that Olivia Rodrigo had last year. Seeing that other yt indie tiktok girl blow up with her song recently really got me thinking and personally I can’t even imagine it. Like we barely have black pop girls who are dominating as it is but a TEEN BLACK GIRL coming in and running the game (acclaim, popularity, Grammys, etc.; while being seen as a POP girl and not some urban contemporary bs)…nah. She wouldn’t stand a chance, at least not currently. Thoughts? 

There is definitely a chance. Halle Bailey, despite not being a teen, has that America’s Sweetheart feel. The youthfulness, the guitar, etc. I think she’s going to end up being more critically acclaimed and more successful than her sister when she releases her solo album.

Our teens are too busy looking up to the City Girls and Megan thee Stallion. When we don’t have those relevant songwriter artists that those white teens look up to (Taylor, Lorde, etc.), then who do you expect our teens to be artistically inspired by? And I don’t know why but there are almost literally no black female artists on a commercial scale that aren’t selling sex. I don’t know why the f- that is but it’s irritating. 

Edited by Thinking Of You

Did yall watch that Emmett Till movie?

On 1/9/2022 at 8:40 AM, Armani👑 said:

Did yall watch that Emmett Till movie?

Isn’t the movie set to release Fall 2022? :huh:

5 minutes ago, Devin said:

Isn’t the movie set to release Fall 2022? :huh:

It's really a mini TV show, but the 1st 2 episodes are out now

WILLOW is a great example of a young rising black female artist who doesn't serve sex :clap3:

Spoiler

But yeah sadly black women don't noticed unless they strip down. Someone used her as an example already but Chloe is a great example of this. She had a more wholesome image before she posted that B*ss It TikTok, after she posted it she went viral and as a result started being more sexual. 

It should be more balanced if anything, back then there was room for both a Lil' Kim and a Lauryn Hill. Now every mainstream black female artist is selling sex :deadbanana4:  Social media made it much worse imo, these young black girls see all this thinking they have to serve sex in order to get big. It's really sad.

Edited by Billionaire

It sad cause our black women and men are talented, and become whores or sell outs.

4 hours ago, Billionaire said:

WILLOW is a great example of a young rising black female artist who doesn't serve sex :clap3:

Hide contents

But yeah sadly black women don't noticed unless they strip down. Someone used her as an example already but Chloe is a great example of this. She had a more wholesome image before she posted that B*ss It TikTok, after she posted it she went viral and as a result started being more sexual. 

It should be more balanced if anything, back then there was room for both a Lil' Kim and a Lauryn Hill. Now every mainstream black female artist is selling sex :deadbanana4:  Social media made it much worse imo, these young black girls see all this thinking they have to serve sex in order to get big. It's really sad.

This and I agree with balance.

I mean a lot of mainstream female artists across all races and ages sell sex or are pressured to and there's nothing wrong with the former if it's their choice to, but at least other communities have variety. For every Madonna, Britney or Xtina selling sex, there is Lana, Adele (who got her big international break out of sitting on a chair and being about the music first and foremost), Kelly Clarkson, Olivia Rodrigo, Billie (pre-HTE) and countless others just as selling well without taking off their clothes and thus white girls or even WOC who don't subscribe to being popular or sexualised or girl next door, can identify with some of these women. 

That's why artists like Willow, Halle Bailey, RAY BLK, NAO, Dawn Richard and other Black female artists who don't conform, nor want to of what is expected of them, deserve a lot of support.

Is Willow our first black rock girl since wk?

On 1/6/2022 at 4:16 PM, St. Francis said:

pinkpantheress (although she's mixed) is coming up. She's wholesome and makes good lo-fi, indie pop music. She also started out on TikTok I believe.

And it's true that Black female artists are only recognised when they strip down. Look at Chloe Bailey for example, she was wholesome then completely switched up. If you're not acting a mess, selling sex or boxing yourself in musically, you're considered boring, "not black enough", corny (Jason Derulo gets called this everytime and it's clearly because he's not acting out all the time).

Ms. Pink really grew on me recently :jonny: . Hopefully she can blow up with her debut whenever she drops it.

On 1/6/2022 at 11:07 PM, Devin said:

I’m gonna have to get into her more. 

I didn't like her all that much initially but this was an instant highlight for me!

On 1/14/2022 at 4:37 PM, Billionaire said:

Reveal hidden contents

I've been getting into Willow more and more last year so I hope she's able to fully smash and not just get cute viral Tik Tok hits :giraffe:

19 hours ago, Pink Matter said:

I didn't like her all that much initially but this was an instant highlight for me!

Wait I love the 90s/00s vibe here. :jonny5:

On 1/14/2022 at 4:37 PM, Billionaire said:

Reveal hidden contents

I always lowkey wish I grew up during the 90s, cause as a tomboy... there really ain't no ladies in the mainstream that reflect me. (talking Black girls). 

I don't have a problem with folks doing what they want but can I get one Lady of Rage or Queen Latifah that's not 30+ years older than me? :rip:

Happy MLK Day everyone and stay safe. :heart:

220107143708-01-ways-to-serve-mlk-day-20

Happy MLK day, hope everyone out here has a great one.

Also HBD to the GOAT RIP Muhammad Ali. :clap3:

il_794xN.1924573871_rxs9.jpg

I’m excited for NAACP Image Awards. :jonny5:

Cannot believe we lost another icon. :biblio:

On 1/17/2022 at 11:24 AM, Devin said:

Happy MLK Day everyone and stay safe. :heart:

220107143708-01-ways-to-serve-mlk-day-20

I wish Conservatives would outright trash MLK instead of whitewashing him:rip:

4 hours ago, Armani👑 said:

I wish Conservatives would outright trash MLK instead of whitewashing him:rip:

I-

2022 and folks still buying trash, white owned brands like Cantu for hair?

if anything that's the one place where it's fully accessible to buy black owned. Plenty of brands that are cheap, with great ingredients that are Black owned. I hate that I had to have this conversation with a friend lol

On 1/22/2022 at 2:11 AM, Wicked said:

if anything that's the one place where it's fully accessible to buy black owned. Plenty of brands that are cheap, with great ingredients that are Black owned. I hate that I had to have this conversation with a friend lol

I used Cantu yrs ago and glad I learned my lesson.

On 6/6/2019 at 7:05 PM, Keith said:

I stole some Libido Max pills out of Walmart thinking they were gonna have me horny and wanting to **** all over the place. I’m glad I didn’t spend my $10 on that crap 🙄

Can’t believe I posted this here 💀💀💀

On 1/22/2022 at 2:11 AM, Wicked said:

Cantu is white owned?

I had no idea :skull: That’s probably why it didn’t take well to my hair.