'CTRL' is THAT album

TalkThatRihanna

TalkThatRihanna

I just listened to it for the first time today and I'm shook :jonny:

I never heard of SZA before (I now know shes on Consideration) but I decided to check it out cuz I saw how much hype it has around it and now it's on repeat 

I like the lyrics of Z more, but prefer the vocals of CTRL more.  In terms of production I'm torn Bc at times Z felt like it could've easily been one of her mixtapes but boasts great beats

CTRL is one of my faves of 2017 for sure. 8/10 

It truly is, get into Z too.

11 minutes ago, TOASTY said:

I like the lyrics of Z more, but prefer the vocals of CTRL more.  In terms of production I'm torn Bc at times Z felt like it could've easily been one of her mixtapes but boasts great beats

CTRL is one of my faves of 2017 for sure. 8/10 

Z is better in therms of production imho. I mean, the beats of Julia and Babylon are amazing. Warm Winds has great production too, I love the transition between the first and the second part.

1 minute ago, alfonso12 said:

It truly is, get into Z too.

Z is better in therms of production imho. I mean, the beats of Julia and Babylon are amazing. Warm Winds has great production too, I love the transition between the first and the second part.

I would say I agree, I think SZA's voice is more highlighted on CTRL and sometimes the instrumentation is centered around her diction and annunciation which I really enjoy (like on Broken Clocks for example), whereas I felt the opposite on Z.  I felt like SZA complimented the beats on Z whereas the beats compliment her on CTRL...hope this wasn't too confusing to articulate loll

I guess what I mean with the Mixtape remark is more that Z was supposed to be viewed as a "TDE commercial debut" for SZA, when IMO it really didn't feel like much of a stray from her previous efforts

It really is

Prom, The Weekend, Go Gina, Garden, Broken Clocks, and 20 Something are my highlights, but the rest is just so damn good

Easily one of the best albums of the year.

Prom, Go Gina, Wavy, The Weekend, Love Galore >

giphy.gif