Top Posters In This Topic

• DevonRoars

• Alena

• Fenrir

• Kitt

Top Posters In This Topic

aww looks like Ill miss the update...Ill be at work :weeps:

20 hours ago, ROADHOG said:

anyway.. results tomorrow @ 12PM EST be here or be square.

Where? Where are they? :biblio: 

Critiques

Devon

Fenrir
The 90s knots are very cute! The leather jacket and lace dress are giving me Bride of Chucky's Tiffany meets Blondie's Debbie Harry meets Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks... Which are all late 80s things, but I guess inspiration for this look also came from the grunge and the riot grrrl movement.  

Legend E
I'm a little gagged that Solange has this Lil Kim inspired look in her repertoire. I think this is absolutely gorgeous and fits your era so well. 

Lukey
Like with Fenrir the look is an inspiration of things from different eras and that's fine with me. I love this look. I think she looks great.

Stark
I definitely see the influence so well done at doing that --  but -- the look is ugly and this is still a fashion competition.  

Kitt
Literally gagged when I saw this.  This is everything I see the 70s as. The bell bottom pants and fitted shirt. It's so perfect. Great job. 

URBAN
Fix the hair, cut the dress, add sleeves, and some go-go boots and this would be perfect for the 70s. Of course It's a great dress, but it does not really go with your theme.

Speezy
The hair and the short pin up dress are both very 60s. Not to mention the shoes match the dress. God damn it, George.. I think she's done it again.. Wait what? You did a great job.

sumthintoxic82
Very pin up wife in the street wondering where her man and/or children are, because it is 12 o'clock. No, seriously I love all of it except the belt. I think if the hair was styled like Speezy's look then it'd be absolute perfection. 

Alena
This would be perfect for 50s fashion if it was pulled in at the waist and not so fitted around the lower body. Love the messy Gene Harlow hair. It's a good look though.

Rian.
There are influences here and I like it.

Kavish

Fenrir: Gothic fashion has existed since so many decades, but this is more 2000s gothic to me (except the hair which is 90s). The outfit has more of an edge to represent the emergence of nu metal and rock into the mainstream which happened in the 2000s, whereas the gothic fashion of the previous decades was more reserved.  I like it very much since I love gothic fashion, but I think that you should have chosen something more specific to the 90s.  If you wanted to go dark, then you should have gone for a Grunge look instead.  

Legend E: This looks like it comes straight from a 90s music video.  I'm not very fond of what is going on here, but I think you represented the time period better than your opponent.

Lukey: I like it and although this type of jumpsuit was prominent in the 80s, it doesn't necessarily scream 80s because of how it spreads throughout other decades as well.  I think that you should have chosen something specific to the 80s like your opponent did.   

Stark: It instantly screams 80s. The photo shoot really captures the disco / dance vibe of that era, and the cool and shiny ensemble fit in this context.  

Klittoris: Very 70s.  From the long-sleeved top, to the tight pants spreading out at the bottom.  I like the red and beige combination.  She is low key serving long hippie-hair of the 70s too.  

URBESE: It does stem from the 70s, but I think that you should have picked an outfit that makes people instantly think of that era.  While your dress is nice and was worn in the 70s, it was also prevalent in other decades.  I think that you should have chosen a specific aspect of that time like your opponent did.

Speezy: You nailed it from head to toe.  This is the definition of the 60s, from the hairstyle, the colorful flowery-designed outfit and the multi-colored shoes.  Even the pose is something reminiscent of a vintage magazine. Perfect.

sumthintoxic82: Serving 60s actress photo shoot.  The hair and the outfit is very 60s.  It pains me that I have to choose between you and Speezy because you are the best team this round for me, but I'm picking him because I feel like it captures that 60s essence a bit more.  You still outshone most of the contestants this round though. Great job.

Alena: The outfit itself isn't very 50s to me because it is something that could be found in other decades.  If there was a belt or something at her waist and the bottom part was not so tight, it could have worked.  However, the white and red accessories add to the bubbly-ness of that time.  I think that you should have chosen something specific to the 50s to better portray that period like your opponent did.

Rian.: A short dress with an enlarged bottom with a big flower on it? Yes that's the 50s. Good job.

Citrus

Fenrir – This look fits the 90s very much, the mix of the grunge and the sleaze with the lace. It looks like something Lil Kim would’ve worn if she had ever looked this good. I love it.

Legend E – Ooh, this appeals to the tacky, gaudy, drag aesthetic in my heart. This is 90s in the sense of excess and tackiness, but this could also be an outfit for a regional theater production of Kinky Boots. It’s a cute look that is a little basic and not as representative of the time period as I’d like.

Lukey – I fail to see what exactly is 80s about it aside from the pants and wide cut. If anything, this is more in vein with the 70s butterfly bust body suits (think Cher, Farrah Fawcett, Goldie Hawn, etc). While this style of bodysuit went into the early 80s a bit, the early 80s versions were more heavily influenced by disco. This is a bit too clean and subdued to fit your time period.

Stark – Hm. I do love that jacket, but, again, I would argue that you’re a decade off here. She looks prime 90s rave or rap girl group. 80s jacket layering was usually done with a less busy bomber, though I do think the hair and makeup are fitting. I can sorta buy this as a late 80s/early 90s transitional piece, so you get a pass.

Klittoris – Very nice, this actually looks like it belongs in your decade. I know I always say Kim gives me Cher vibes (it’s the Armenian with the black hair), but this really does remind me of the Goddess of Pop. Good job.

Urbese – This is a more Jackie Kennedy/Bianca Jagger 70s look, and I’m okay with that. The primary issue with a muted homage like this is that there aren’t the details that would make this really pop (a more plunging v-cut with draped jewelry, looser fit). Nonetheless, fits enough and looks good.

Speezy – Now this is gorgeous. I love that you embraced the technicolor aspect of the 60s, and I love this from the fugly yet poppy suede kitten heel all the way to the gross, Mega Mind white lady beehive. My favorite this round.

Sumthintoxic82  - This is more of a disparate tribute to the 60s with the separate pieces, but I like it together. That rope belt is a little too long in the front (I don’t think it should hang at all, personally). This was a creative take on things, and I appreciate it.

Alena – This is very basic, and not in a refined, good way. This kind of dress is not distinctive to the 50s, and the color pairing is just as common. The hair and makeup, sure, but the rest of this, while pretty, isn’t firmly rooted enough in the decade.

Rian – A swing and a miss. This silhouette isn’t dramatic enough for the 50s, nor is the color on the body of the dress something we would see. Ankle straps would definitely not be a thing. The rose is cute (not really, but it fits the time period). This is ugly on its own, but it’s worse because it doesn’t really fit the theme.

26 minutes ago, ROADHOG said:

Rian – A swing and a miss. This silhouette isn’t dramatic enough for the 50s, nor is the color on the body of the dress something we would see. Ankle straps would definitely not be a thing. The rose is cute (not really, but it fits the time period). This is ugly on its own, but it’s worse because it doesn’t really fit the theme.

@Citrus so you literally wanted me to find a pic of her in the 50's instead of something 50's inspired?

Thanks to the other judges : )

Inspiration is fine, but I didn't think the elements were 50s enough. The rose is really the only part I saw that I could directly tie to the 50s. That doesn't mean you needed a 50s dress exactly. Sumthintoxic did a good job of blending direct items with inspired choices, so I wish it would've been more in that vein.

1 hour ago, Alena said:

Well i guess im in the bottom :frown:

See ya there! :date2: 

3 hours ago, Citrus said:

Inspiration is fine, but I didn't think the elements were 50s enough. The rose is really the only part I saw that I could directly tie to the 50s. That doesn't mean you needed a 50s dress exactly. Sumthintoxic did a good job of blending direct items with inspired choices, so I wish it would've been more in that vein.

Yeah but if you have a decade like the 50's it's so much harder to find looks that actually have a lot of the elements in it. Unless the person did a photoshoot with that theme of course but I didn't find any for Heidi.

I am shooketh 

4 hours ago, ROADHOG said:

Klittoris – Very nice, this actually looks like it belongs in your decade. I know I always say Kim gives me Cher vibes (it’s the Armenian with the black hair), but this really does remind me of the Goddess of Pop. Good job.

@Citrus !!! I ran into SO MANY Cher parallels and learned she was half Armenian too during this :jonny: And Kim's current pin straight wig wasn't helping.

Results

The 90s - @Fenrir vs @Legend E

The 80s - @Lukey vs @Stark

The 70s - @Klittoris vs @URBESE

The 60s - @Speezy vs @sumthintoxic82

The 50s - @Alena vs @Rian.

The 90s - @Fenrir vs @Legend E (TIE)

The 80s -  @Stark

The 70s - @Klittoris 

The 60s - @Speezy 

The 50s - @Alena 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NK6yrjp1wK7IBZ_YY9makwXdIM-EI7qx-hukYLwif9E/

Voting begins.. immediately.

sClPKvQ.gif

Lukey

UKsXIsB.png

Rian.

Save 1

Fenrir Season 4 WIN SAFE WIN SAFE SAFE HIGH

mU0iJJ5.gif

---

omg don't make me choose :dancehall3: 

I'm actually shocked... 

1 minute ago, Lukey said:

I'm actually shocked... 

Me too. 

From top to bottom, a verse tea.

I will bring it next round. Also, thank you @Speezy ❤️❤️❤️

12 minutes ago, Legend E said:

@Fenrir d yas at both of us slaying again

Was lowkey pressed thinking about the possibility of your outfit winning tbh. 

GGNztQS.gif

Glad we came out tied though. :date2: 

Sticking together like true teammates.

GGNztQS.gif

Congrats @Speezy on your first win!

____

Idk, I'll let a randomizer make my vote. Tragic.

Love you two too much so I randomized to be fair.

NfPd8aL.png

SAo50Lm.gif

Save: Rian

Just now, Klittoris said:

Screaming

SAo50Lm.gif

Girl, shut it.

SAo50Lm.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.