• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inverted

• blackbeatxx

• TSLGNMA

• Little Dark Age

Also yeah, See You Again is objectively a good song. Despacito and Gangnam Style are not, and it has nothing to do with the language they are in. There are 1000 songs like Despacito and they're all just straight men oogling over oversexualised woman and it's a no from me.

3 minutes ago, TSLGNMA said:

Mess. I would say the same thing about Despacito. I do agree with you about it not lasting for more than two weeks at most tho:

:cm: 

Despacito is your typical reggaeton/pop song, but it's delivered well, especially Daddy Yankee verse and ad libs. It's also interesting because it's structured as a ballad, but changes to a urban/dance song.

Anyway, I would say the same thing about Justin's remix because his breathy vocals are terrible and he can't even harmonize with his added vocals to the bridge. It's just bad. There's a clear difference between the original and the remix despite not much of an addition.

7 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Also yeah, See You Again is objectively a good song. Despacito and Gangnam Style are not, and it has nothing to do with the language they are in. There are 1000 songs like Despacito and they're all just straight men oogling over oversexualised woman and it's a no from me.

And there are millions of songs like See You Again with its unoriginal lyrics and bad vocals. It's nothing out of the ordinary. Despacito is about sex, which isn't original, but the song itself is cleverly structured and Daddy Yankee delivers with his verse. And Gangnam Style is definitely original. It's a song parodying of peoples' decadent and excessive lifestyle in the area.

this song is horrific and it brought charlie puth into the musical world for which i will never forgive

it also dethroned UF which was going to break the record of B2M/MC and it was a much better song and deserves the record more

5 hours ago, cdschart said:

a sad day. gangnam style was a phenomenon, see you again was a calculated way to make money

so was gangnam style. and everything pop related :deadbanana2:

2 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

See You Again was released as a "tribute" to Paul Walker when in reality it was just a ploy to manipulate the consumer's emotions

Took long enough for someone to top Psy. 'Despacito' is coming though. 'See You Again' is sh*t. Also, I don't know why but I thought this was going to be a throwback to Miley. :dies:

3 hours ago, volition said:

this song is horrific and it brought charlie puth into the musical world for which i will never forgive

it also dethroned UF which was going to break the record of B2M/MC and it was a much better song and deserves the record more

:clap3:

and i still haven't even watched it once 

:cm:

5 hours ago, Aurora said:

there are tons of songs like SYA too. what's your point? Is a ballad=an "objectively" (it's your personal opinion, therefore it isn't) good song now? I think it's just bland and boring. :cm: 

Yall dont even try to hide your bias

What are you talking about ? WHat Miley song? 

Sad this generic mess has this many views.

Btw, cheers to Despacito dethrone it in no time. :fan:

Talent always win!

Yas finally!

but despacito's about to overtake psy and syg :gaycat3:

Gangnam, a vid from 2012, had 15 mill views as the biggest daily views :jonny:

I dislike Despacito but SYA is infinitely more annoying.

Rooting for the Latin kings to snatch in a few weeks.

Straight people I guess :rip: Just listened to the song for the first time in my life. Absolutely tragic. They can thanks Paul for... well you know.

11 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

Actually, Gangnam Style was a huge hit by accident. It was just supposed to be a local song to parody a tiny area in South Korea that people outside the country wouldn't understand, but it went viral because of the music video and the dance.

See You Again was specifically released to capitalize on Paul Walker's death and be used in the Fast and the Furious.

That song and video are UNEVENTFUL and VANILLA af... I'm glad they'll just hold it for like 14 days :toofunny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.