Hooligan

So just finished watching Split...

:smile:

Hooligan
2 hours ago, Outlaws said:

:huh: 

:rip:

--

Wouldn't necessarily call it campy either but it does have its cheesy moments.  That car scene alone, lolz.

Outlaws
44 minutes ago, Hooligan said:

So just finished watching Split...

:smile:

How was it?

MattyTacos

Drag Me To Hell has campy moments tbh. The graveyard scene. :rip:

I just put on The Shining before bed, one of my favorite horrors. Kubrick is a genius!! :duca: 

Verge of Obscene
8 hours ago, Outlaws said:

DMTH is pure camp!

cypriotpcdfan
8 hours ago, Outlaws said:

Drag Me To Hell is the definition of campy horror.

ChapelHooker

thanks for reminding me to watch DMTH again, it's soooooooo goood. 

i need Sam to do more horror

PrettyBoy16

I Know What You Did Last Summer will always have the best chance scene thanks Miss Sarah Michelle Gellar! I still scream at the screen even tho I know she's gonna bite it badly.

cypriotpcdfan
5 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

thanks for reminding me to watch DMTH again, it's soooooooo goood. 

i need Sam to do more horror

I literally watched it 3 days ago, before anyone mentioned it here. One of my favorite campy horror movies. Sam Raimi is such a legend. 

A Little Unruly

I never got the fuss over Drag Me to Hell. I saw that at the movies and it was... :sick:

cypriotpcdfan
29 minutes ago, A Little Unruly said:

I never got the fuss over Drag Me to Hell. I saw that at the movies and it was... :sick:

You gotta like campy horror to like it, I guess. If you like Evil Dead, then you must like Drag me To Hell. It's a full on Sam Raimi horror movie. Over the top scenes, TONS of jump scares. I LOVE it. 

jakedavis1994

Not really horror, but I just finished watching 'Beware the Slenderman'.

P!nk Forever

I need to watch 'The Final Girls'! Just now that I know that amazingly talented Taissa Farmiga has a role in it!:eddie:

cypriotpcdfan
30 minutes ago, P!nk Forever said:

I need to watch 'The Final Girls'! Just now that I know that amazingly talented Taissa Farmiga has a role in it!:eddie:

It's one of my favorite slasher films already. watched it like 5-6 times. The entire cast was great. 

Hooligan
On 1/24/2017 at 9:50 PM, Outlaws said:

How was it?

Eh, wasn't bad per se, but it's not a movie I'd watch again...well rather pay for again.  I am excited for the potential sequel from it, however.

Edited by Hooligan

LGVHD

You're Next is a flawless movie as well, if you like campy

cypriotpcdfan
1 hour ago, LGVHD said:

You're Next is a flawless movie as well, if you like campy

Agree. The final girl was awesome.

Outlaws

Never watch The Neighbor. It was meh.

Αnt

Get Out already getting great reviews. Currently 81 on Metacritic :jonny3:

Outlaws

Did any of you guys watch They Look Like People? Such a weird movie :rip: yet entertaining for me.

Tylerbv
8 minutes ago, Outlaws said:

Did any of you guys watch They Look Like People? Such a weird movie :rip: yet entertaining for me.

I hated this so much. The whole movie was useless.

---

I just saw Drag Me to Hell for the first time and I LIVE. The campiness was too much. The over the top effects too :rip: The awkward romance scenes too. I died when Christine was like "I had a cat" and her bf was like "We have a cat.." and the awkward silence afterwards. The mother was amazing too + the whole seance scene was great. I did predict the ending with the envelope thing but seriously a great movie. Not overly scary, but entertaining. Probs the best horror movie I've seen this year so far.

cypriotpcdfan
6 hours ago, Tylerbv said:

I hated this so much. The whole movie was useless.

---

I just saw Drag Me to Hell for the first time and I LIVE. The campiness was too much. The over the top effects too :rip: The awkward romance scenes too. I died when Christine was like "I had a cat" and her bf was like "We have a cat.." and the awkward silence afterwards. The mother was amazing too + the whole seance scene was great. I did predict the ending with the envelope thing but seriously a great movie. Not overly scary, but entertaining. Probs the best horror movie I've seen this year so far.

YES :clap3: Ram Raimi is a master at over the top, campy horror. That old gypsy was CREEPY AF. 

And we also got the iconic 'Uuuumaaa deeetaaa MM' spirit calling scene. :alexz: 

Roman Holiday

I recently watched The Monster and Pet.

The Monster was so good. The actresses did amazing in their roles and I loved the look of the creature. 8/10

Pet was interesting. The twist wasn't shocking at all but I liked the dynamic between the two characters and the actress was convincing. At one point I even almost sorta felt a tinge of sadness for her.

Hooligan
12 hours ago, Tylerbv said:

I  just saw Drag Me to Hell for the first time and I LIVE. The campiness was too much. The over the top effects too :rip: The awkward romance scenes too. I died when Christine was like "I had a cat" and her bf was like "We have a cat.." and the awkward silence afterwards. The mother was amazing too + the whole seance scene was great. I did predict the ending with the envelope thing but seriously a great movie. Not overly scary, but entertaining. Probs the best horror movie I've seen this year so far.

The car scene is still hilarity to me.

:rip:

Αnt

Drag Me to Hell is one of my favs though. I don't see the hate.