Horror Movies

1 hour ago, rooby.booby said:

Are these movies any good? And which one should i watch?

Come Play

Wrong Turn (new one)

Saint Maud

The Dark And The Wicked

Fear Of Rain

Willy's Wonderland

Amulet

Killerhertz

The Empty Man

Black Box

Possessor

I really liked 'The Dark And The Wicked'

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChapelHooker

• A Little Unruly

• Kevin2803

• PrinceMichaelFan

On 2/17/2021 at 9:13 AM, Kevin2803 said:

This movie sucked, except for the ending. And can horror or thriller movies stop killing dogs? It's so overdone and neither does it move a story forward, nor makes it a ****ty movie any better or more interesting. 

Reveal hidden contents

When they beheaded that poor dog, i already didn't care for the movie anymore.

I loathe this trope. In my opinion, if a screenwriter has to resort to this cheap trick to make the viewer feel something, they’re a terrible writer. 

I had added this to my Netflix watchlist but now I’ll delete it, thanks. 

PrinceMichaelFan
On 2/20/2021 at 1:21 AM, Miles. said:

I loathe this trope. In my opinion, if a screenwriter has to resort to this cheap trick to make the viewer feel something, they’re a terrible writer. 

I had added this to my Netflix watchlist but now I’ll delete it, thanks. 

but the ending is good in terms of a writer but I do agree that it was needed.

Spoiler

I would have just wrote the dog ran out and was shot but I wouldn't show it on screen.

PrinceMichaelFan
On 2/19/2021 at 7:24 AM, Otana said:

Watched 'Sator' yesterday. I didn't understand a thing, but I was deeply disturbed. Feel like it put a demon in my house or something

g0zpX9s.gif

ill be back with a review.

g0zpX9s.gif

genetic fail
On 2/20/2021 at 5:17 AM, rooby.booby said:

Are these movies any good? And which one should i watch?

Come Play

Wrong Turn (new one)

Saint Maud

The Dark And The Wicked

Fear Of Rain

Willy's Wonderland

Amulet

Killerhertz

The Empty Man

Black Box

Possessor

Yes

rooby.booby
On 2/20/2021 at 12:24 AM, Otana said:

Goo. Tnx. 

4 hours ago, genetic fail said:

Yes

Thanks for this. 

ChapelHooker

Saint Maud was SO ****ing good. The atmosphere was suffocating. Loved the acting and music, the script was so damn tight. Very impressive first feature. It looked gorgeous constantly.

That damn ending won't ever leave my mind. The scariest final second of a movie I've ever seen. :jonny5:

On 2/19/2021 at 5:24 PM, Otana said:

This was one of the worst horror movies I’ve seen. What a complete waste of time

Edited by Buffy
Roman Holiday

Yikes, i started watching Freaky, the gay character is borderline offensive. Why was his first line a tone deaf penis joke? :ace: Idk if the actor is gay or straight but it feels like a straight man poorly acting as a gay man.

Edited by Roman Holiday
5 hours ago, Buffy said:

This was one of the worst horror movies I’ve seen. What a complete waste of time

I-Said-What-I-Said.gif 

I thought it was a fun movie, with some chilling imagery. Not a masterpiece by any means. But still pretty cool

MinajDragRace

soooooo.... idk if i need to watch it again but ummmm st maud was a bore for me 

anyone know when we getting green knight ? 

Okay Wrong Turn remake was interesting...

First of all this WASN'T a Wrong Turn movie besides being set in the woods there is no other correlation to the series. In saying that, I though it was a good movie, kind of weirdly ambitious but because the writer and director aren't exactly of high caliber they kinda miss the mark in the themes they are trying to talking about in the movie. Liked the main characters arc and I liked how she stays true to her beliefs til literally the end.

Wrong Turn 2: Dead End remains the best of the franchise. The clever character mis-directions, the surprising character arcs and the zany but genius plot of a reality survival show crossing paths with inbred cannibals for a slasher film. Whew that movie is not given the credit it should be given. It's wayyyy smarter than it should be for a direct to DVD sequel.

On 2/23/2021 at 9:32 AM, Buffy said:

preach sis.

they TRIED to go for the whole "new age quality horror movie" serve but...well...you also need a script to do that.

Watched "Shook" on Shudder last night. Actually really entertaining despite it bordering on Lifetime thriller. I hated the main character her reactions were just not believable (from a writing point of view her acting was surprisingly pretty good).

VelvetCrush

I don't know if I read about it here or on reddit but I was told Noroi was a good movie what a big fat LIE it's so boring

genetic fail
2 hours ago, VelvetCrush said:

I don't know if I read about it here or on reddit but I was told Noroi was a good movie what a big fat LIE it's so boring

Ghorl. It paved the way for the found footage genre! (along with Blair Witch Project, of course) It was great for its time and it does feel a bit dated now but I still loved it!

popmusicisdead
2 hours ago, VelvetCrush said:

the lack of taste. i wish it was longer

god, i wish J-Horror would make a comeback. Ju-on: Origins was a cute droplet.

4 hours ago, popmusicisdead said:

the lack of taste. i wish it was longer

god, i wish J-Horror would make a comeback. Ju-on: Origins was a cute droplet.

speaking of j-horror, what went wrong? I feel like I haven't seen a decent japanese horror film in years and the fact that it was one of the main "inspirations" for horror films in hollywood back in 00s and now no one cares about it anymore is so weird

• #FreeBritney Activist
Lucyyyyyyyyy

I'm so ****ing bored. Somebody recommend me some good horrors that have been released so far this year please. I've seen Wrong Turn 7. 

I couldn't take Wrong Turn serious for one second. It was a mess, the acting, the plot, dialogues,

everything except the final scenes which were really enjoyable and felt like they belonged to an actually great movie