* Wounds (um :rip:)

* The Witch

* Hereditary

* Midsommar

* Insidious 1 & 2

* HOHH

* Escape Room

* The Ritual

Netflix has Gerald's Game, Cam, Creep (and Creep 2), The Blackcoat's Daughter, Candyman, As Above So Below, and The Autopsy of Jane Doe, which are all great imo

5 hours ago, Lucyyyyyyyyy said:

Have any of you seen The Poughkeepsie Tapes? Now THAT was a movie I thought to be interesting and creepy. It’s like 15 years old I think so maybe a lot of you have already seen. Check it out if you haven’t though! 

I loved that one! Truly disturbing but didn't make me want to curl up and die from trauma (like Megan is Missing :rip: ). Those highly realistic serial killer type movies are always hard to stomach though.

SitarHero

I also just watched Session 9 on Netflix and was pleasantly surprised. I need more 2000s horror that isn't tropey/cheesy, so much of it doesn't hold up but that one creeped me out

duybeeGAshantiGA

Have anyone watched Relic??? How is it guys? I've heard that it cam be compared to Hereditary? Is it true?

PrinceMichaelFan
On 7/11/2020 at 11:30 AM, genetic fail said:

Have yall seen Relic and The Beach House? Relic is about three generations of women where the oldest one has dementia (or does she...?) and starts doing weird ****. It’s a slow burn and has only like two scary scenes in the first hour but the final act was pretty awesome. On the other hand, The Beach House started out really interesting but kinda dwindled towards the end. It has some really interesting concepts though. If you’re a Lovecraftian nerd who dug Color Out of Space and Sea Fever, you’re probably gonna like this too.

I also saw that Scare Package came out on Shudder last month. About to watch that one now! :duca:

Beach House started at a 10 especially the dinner scene but dwindled down to a 5 in the second act and then my score just fell to a 1 for the ending.

PrinceMichaelFan
5 hours ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Have anyone watched Relic??? How is it guys? I've heard that it cam be compared to Hereditary? Is it true?

Yes I just watched it and it’s pretty cool. 

PrinceMichaelFan

Relics ending is very nice :biggrin:

popmusicisdead
8 hours ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

it's a lot more lowkey tbh. more like The Babadook. it's a bit slow but it's only 89 minutes so it doesn't drag on for too long. 

Kevin2803
8 hours ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

I watched it last night and it's reallyyyy good. I feel like it's only similar to "Hereditary", because both are family-driven horror dramas, but otherwise they are pretty different. I'm not that often scared anymore, when i watch a horror movie, but this one gave me shivers.

X~MoviePoP

How scary is relic? Is it ghosts supernatural or more psychological 

popmusicisdead
54 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

there's creepy moments but wouldn't say it was scary scary. the answer to your second question is kinda a spoiler tho

Spoiler

both :mandown:

Bombshell

Is Doctor Sleep any good? It's 3 hours and don't want to waste my time if it's garbage lol

PrinceMichaelFan
6 hours ago, Bombshell said:

Is Doctor Sleep any good? It's 3 hours and don't want to waste my time if it's garbage lol

BRAH STAY AWAY!

PrinceMichaelFan
7 hours ago, popmusicisdead said:

there's creepy moments but wouldn't say it was scary scary. the answer to your second question is kinda a spoiler tho

Reveal hidden contents

both :mandown:

8 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Very nice ending

genetic fail
8 hours ago, Bombshell said:

It’s my favorite horror movie from last year :heart:

But tbh it’s more of a dark fantasy but I loved all the characters and the callbacks to The Shining were *chef’s kiss*. The actual movie is 2.5 hours only though, it’s the Director’s Cut that’s 3 hours and I loved that too! :heart2:

peroxideblonde
11 hours ago, Bombshell said:

it was reaaally good! it didn't feel like it was a long movie

Oktober Knight
14 hours ago, Bombshell said:

It's VERY good. Definitely a bit lengthy but please watch the Director's Cut cause it involves relevant info. The ending was awesome! 

Oktober Knight

BTW y'all, this amazing Friday the 13th boxset is coming out only for a limited time:

11965_tn.jpg

Oktober Knight

BTW y'all, this amazing Friday the 13th boxset is coming out only for a limited time:

11965_tn.jpg

ChapelHooker

I watched both The Beach House and Relic yesterday and was surprised that I enjoyed the former more. While Relic has better cinematography and acting, The Beach House has the dread, tension and I loved most of the decisions they made. And while I didnt "love" the ending to The Beach House, Relic just felt really random and like I've seen it before quite quite often. Also, the character dynamics that are wasted in both of these was annoying.

Kevin2803

Just watched "The Beach House" and was surprised how good it was. 

If I'm Dancing

I've had Shudder for about 3 months and I love it so much, Netflix wishes :jonny5:

My favorites have been:

Haunt

Metamorphosis

Castle Freak

Friday the 13th III

Ginger Snaps

Hell House LLC

Any more recommendations?

Bandito

Going to see Relic at a drive-in theater tomorrow! :jonny5:

genetic fail
9 hours ago, If I'm Dancing said:

I've had Shudder for about 3 months and I love it so much, Netflix wishes :jonny5:

My favorites have been:

Haunt

Metamorphosis

Castle Freak

Friday the 13th III

Ginger Snaps

Hell House LLC

Any more recommendations?

So jealous of you! My country doesn’t have Shudder yet and I tried using a VPN but Shudder requires a US credit card too :sosad:

I just really wanna watch Horror Noire!!! :angry:

If I'm Dancing
30 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

So jealous of you! My country doesn’t have Shudder yet and I tried using a VPN but Shudder requires a US credit card too :sosad:

I just really wanna watch Horror Noire!!! :angry:

Aw hope it comes to your country soon, there are so many gems!

kweenofxanax
Posted (edited)

Just saw The Lodge and it was sooooo good :jonny5:

such a great companion to Goodnight Mommy

Edited by kweenofxanax