Jump to content

Horror Movies | 20th Century Rate (Voting Open)


Outlaws
 Share

Recommended Posts

Antler is going ok so far. Its a very different take on what I thought they would do but its really pretty and beautifully shot to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • genetic fail

    788

  • skankle

    584

  • The Witch

    564

  • Reverse Warholian

    1602

On 1/12/2022 at 7:27 PM, Lord Gaga said:

Antler is going ok so far. Its a very different take on what I thought they would do but its really pretty and beautifully shot to me.

Antlers was ugly :coffee2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's try this again, shall we? 

 

New deadline and slight rule change below!

 

zDaunZI.gif

 

hIYnJ3X.jpg

 

 

DM me a list of 40-70 of your top 20th century horror flicks, ranked in order! 

 

 

THE RULES

 

  • Each film on your ballot has to be released before December 31, 1999. IMDB will be our official source for release date. Exceptions could be made on a case-by-case basis with films that had staggered international releases. You must indicate each title's year of release on your ballot. 
  •  ANY film under the horror umbrella counts whether it is a horror comedy, horror documentary, horror animation, psychological thriller, etc. 
  • You can submit a MINIMUM of 40 and MAXIMUM of 70 films, as long as they are ranked! If you send any less, I'll still count your ballot...but at a penalty :bam:
  • You are also allowed to CURSE five films on your Shitlist. Each title in this list will be downvoted -5 points. Choose wisely. :eli:
  • The points system has been updated to address some concerns from the previous rates. Everyone's Top 10 will be weighted heavier than the rest of their ballot. See example below.

Sample ballot:

Spoiler

1. The Omen (1976) 100 pts.

2. Peeping Tom (1960) 98 pts.

3. Freaks (1932) 96 pts.

4. Night of the Living Dead (1968) 95 pts.

5. Suspiria (1977) 94 pts.

6. Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) 93 pts.

7. Carnival of Souls (1962) 92 pts.

8. Scream 2 (1997) 91 pts.

9. The Slumber Party Massacre (1982) 90 pts.

10. Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988) 89 pts.

 

11. Sisters (1972) 80 pts.

12. The Shining (1980) 79 pts.

13. Dracula (1931) 78 pts.

14. Psycho (1960) 77 pts.

15. The Thing (1982) 76 pts.

16. The Amityville Horror (1979) 75 pts.

17. The Blob (1958) 74 pts.

18. I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997) 73 pts.

19. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) 72 pts.

20. Repulsion (1965) 71 pts.

 

...and so forth 

 

Shitlist:

Single White Female (1992)

My Bloody Valentine (1981)

The Blair Witch Project (1999)

The Hills Have Eyes (1977)

Aliens (1986)

 

  • Since this is a 20th century rate, we strongly encourage you to fulfill a 10 film quota from EACH of the following decades: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, in addition to 3 pre-1970 releases. The rest of your choices can come from any year you'd like. The choice is yours whether to follow this rule or not but the incentive for doing the assignment CORRECTLY is a +10% bonus on your entire ballot (see pts. system in spoiler above and add a 10% bonus)

 

 

Send your lists to me no later than the Final Girl deadline on March 18th, 2022. I'll be posting reminders in here infrequently. The rate is tentatively scheduled to start on April 12th. 

 

 

Some useful links if you're a flop Gen-Z girl or if your memory needs jogging:
 

 

Edited by Reverse Warholian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would submit a list of it was more like 25 films minimum. :chick3:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm glad the deadline got moved :dancehall:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ugh since i've submitted already let me take this time to catch up to 2021 and 2010s horror I missed out on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scream is going to win

 

Also what happened to hd avis :deadbanana2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DoctorIce said:

I would submit a list of it was more like 25 films minimum. :chick3:

Ppl can submit less than the minimum, fyi. I'll just dock the points on your ballot by -10% :gaycatina1:

Edited by Reverse Warholian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MattyTacos said:

Scream is going to win

 

Don't Look Now, sweetie... 

 

zDaunZI.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MattyTacos said:

Scream is going to win

You know what this means for me... :celestial3:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mellenthin said:

You know what this means for me... :celestial3:

💩-list? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Don't Look Now, sweetie... 

 

zDaunZI.gif

What the f*** is that?

9 minutes ago, mellenthin said:

You know what this means for me... :celestial3:

To get gutted and hung from that tree?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MattyTacos said:

To get gutted and hung from that tree?

Alexa, play Shawn's new single. :celestial3: 

Edited by mellenthin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MattyTacos said:

What the f*** is that?

Don't they talk about it in Scre4m for a second? :laugh:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mellenthin said:

Alexa, play Shawn's new single. :celestial3: 

Ok my sh*t list is gonna be david lynch movies now. Guzzle on that. Anyway, i want black christmas to win as it deserves. 

9 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Don't they talk about it in Scre4m for a second? :laugh:

 

 

You should rewatch scream 4 to find out :eli:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When a stanger calls back has one of the best opening scenes in a movie period, Made for TV did that :jonny6:

 

Also Don't look now may get a cute top 50 peak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

just finished watching

 

Malignant - oh wow. an instant cult classic is born. james wan still has it!

 

Last Night in Soho - idk but i like this film, Thomasin and Anya in one film is chef's kiss. strong first act...the plot twist at the final part is cute, I didn't expect it to be that way. the music is A+

 

i might watch OLD next but is it any good? or which horror film from 2021 i should watch next :duca:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also watched Paranormal Activity:,Next of Kin and Idk what to feel about it. The final 15 minutes is inch resting tho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/15/2022 at 9:36 AM, mellenthin said:

You know what this means for me... :celestial3:

S2 is a contender even without riggory :celestial3:

 

 

 

I hope we get some action from all the thread girlies, these rates have been fun! Do it :emofish:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Yvess said:

just finished watching

 

Malignant - oh wow. an instant cult classic is born. james wan still has it!

 

Last Night in Soho - idk but i like this film, Thomasin and Anya in one film is chef's kiss. strong first act...the plot twist at the final part is cute, I didn't expect it to be that way. the music is A+

 

i might watch OLD next but is it any good? or which horror film from 2021 i should watch next :duca:

Old - besides the acting - was a lot of fun! It was kind of insane watching it since I think it was my first theater experience during covid and I was kinda having emotional breakdowns over it lol. As for 2021 horror, I'd suggest the fear street trio next <3 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, SitarHero said:

S2 is a contender even without riggory :celestial3:

 

 

 

I hope we get some action from all the thread girlies, these rates have been fun! Do it :emofish:

Not the worst scream film being called a contender. I've seen it all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MattyTacos said:

Old - besides the acting - was a lot of fun! It was kind of insane watching it since I think it was my first theater experience during covid and I was kinda having emotional breakdowns over it lol. As for 2021 horror, I'd suggest the fear street trio next <3 

cool. will be watching Old this week then. done with Fear Street trilogy and it is really fun! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Yvess said:

cool. will be watching Old this week then. done with Fear Street trilogy and it is really fun! :)

Enjoy!

 

2021 was kinda a weak year in horror. :deadbanana2: 

 

I guess your other options are Candyman (which is great just rushes into the 3rd act outta nowhere and it's so jarring - like it's missing 10 mins), um... There's Someone Inside Your House (Netflix's discount, discount Scream but still mildly entertaining), False Positive (Rosemary's Baby for bare minimum horror with Justin Theroux), and Wrong Turn (which is fine but supports communism? If I'm remembering correctly). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MattyTacos said:

Enjoy!

 

2021 was kinda a weak year in horror. :deadbanana2: 

 

I guess your other options are Candyman (which is great just rushes into the 3rd act outta nowhere and it's so jarring - like it's missing 10 mins), um... There's Someone Inside Your House (Netflix's discount, discount Scream but still mildly entertaining), False Positive (Rosemary's Baby for bare minimum horror with Justin Theroux), and Wrong Turn (which is fine but supports communism? If I'm remembering correctly). 

2022 better deliver..

 

watched Candyman and ur right about the rushed parts to 3rd act, like suddenly they are already in that place and all lmao .

There's Someone Inside Your House is cute!.

watched False Positive and idk if i liked it lmao..

Wrong Turn is enjoyable but i don't like its support to communism.

 

Malignant is my fave horror of 2021..... :jonnycat:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...