P!nk

Underdogs

P!nk Forever
41 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

So, today I'd like to discuss my favorite Legend P!nk album: I'm Not Dead, one of my all-time favorite albums in general! Everything about it is genuine, raw, the songs are charged with bitterness, disillusion and nostalgia... all this while retaining a distinct 2006 vibe which I love. Pieces like Cuz I Can, I Got Money Now and Who Knew remain perched at the top of my P!nk discography ranking. As a kid I really loved this CD, but as an adult it hits even harder! I only recently discovered the bonus track Heartbreaker (from the Stupid Girls CD single), another sentimental masterpiece. And the Stupid Girls music video is my all-time favorite, she served the energy that I like in there and I desperately need a Stupid Boys now!

So I dig you love the whole album. Long Way to Happy, U + Ur Hand and I‘m Not Dead (the title track itself) are probably my trinity on the album. Never get tired listening to these songs. Heartbreaker is another top notch song. But you also need to listen to Disconnected (Who Knew B-Side) and Crash & Burn (U + Ur Hand B-Side, a good vibing song) if you haven‘t already.

The Stupid Girls video did really provoke back then. No pop girl like Dua, Ariana or Camila would dare to release such a problematic video and go all out on all the stupid celebrities out there. Especially during the #MeToo and #BlackLivesMatter times. A Stupid Boys video would however work well like you say.:gaycat5:

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Braz

• dperkins

• dfantasy

• Grenn-O

Top Posters In This Topic

KillingYourCareer
17 minutes ago, P!nk Forever said:

So I dig you love the whole album. Long Way to Happy, U + Ur Hand and I‘m Not Dead (the title track itself) are probably my trinity on the album. Never get tired listening to these songs. Heartbreaker is another top notch song. But you also need to listen to Disconnected (Who Knew B-Side) and Crash & Burn (U + Ur Hand B-Side, a good vibing song) if you haven‘t already.

The Stupid Girls video did really provoke back then. No pop girl like Dua, Ariana or Camila would dare to release such a problematic video and go all out on all the stupid celebrities out there. Especially during the #MeToo and #BlackLivesMatter times. A Stupid Boys video would however work well like you say.:gaycat5:

I love the entire album, yes! And the B-sides too, apart from Crash & Burn which isn't my thing. The One That Got Away is another favorite of mine - I love those songs that are so personal to the singer and detailed, that no one else can quite relate. She poured her heart in that one. Stupid Girls was much needed, the 00s were all about smart girls downplaying themselves to be noticed by guys, I'm glad the times have changed!