P!nk

Underdogs

P!nk Forever
41 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

So, today I'd like to discuss my favorite Legend P!nk album: I'm Not Dead, one of my all-time favorite albums in general! Everything about it is genuine, raw, the songs are charged with bitterness, disillusion and nostalgia... all this while retaining a distinct 2006 vibe which I love. Pieces like Cuz I Can, I Got Money Now and Who Knew remain perched at the top of my P!nk discography ranking. As a kid I really loved this CD, but as an adult it hits even harder! I only recently discovered the bonus track Heartbreaker (from the Stupid Girls CD single), another sentimental masterpiece. And the Stupid Girls music video is my all-time favorite, she served the energy that I like in there and I desperately need a Stupid Boys now!

So I dig you love the whole album. Long Way to Happy, U + Ur Hand and I‘m Not Dead (the title track itself) are probably my trinity on the album. Never get tired listening to these songs. Heartbreaker is another top notch song. But you also need to listen to Disconnected (Who Knew B-Side) and Crash & Burn (U + Ur Hand B-Side, a good vibing song) if you haven‘t already.

The Stupid Girls video did really provoke back then. No pop girl like Dua, Ariana or Camila would dare to release such a problematic video and go all out on all the stupid celebrities out there. Especially during the #MeToo and #BlackLivesMatter times. A Stupid Boys video would however work well like you say.:gaycat5:

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Braz

• dperkins

• dfantasy

• Underdogs

Top Posters In This Topic

KillingYourCareer
17 minutes ago, P!nk Forever said:

So I dig you love the whole album. Long Way to Happy, U + Ur Hand and I‘m Not Dead (the title track itself) are probably my trinity on the album. Never get tired listening to these songs. Heartbreaker is another top notch song. But you also need to listen to Disconnected (Who Knew B-Side) and Crash & Burn (U + Ur Hand B-Side, a good vibing song) if you haven‘t already.

The Stupid Girls video did really provoke back then. No pop girl like Dua, Ariana or Camila would dare to release such a problematic video and go all out on all the stupid celebrities out there. Especially during the #MeToo and #BlackLivesMatter times. A Stupid Boys video would however work well like you say.:gaycat5:

I love the entire album, yes! And the B-sides too, apart from Crash & Burn which isn't my thing. The One That Got Away is another favorite of mine - I love those songs that are so personal to the singer and detailed, that no one else can quite relate. She poured her heart in that one. Stupid Girls was much needed, the 00s were all about smart girls downplaying themselves to be noticed by guys, I'm glad the times have changed!

naval23
1 hour ago, KillingYourCareer said:

So, today I'd like to discuss my favorite Legend P!nk album: I'm Not Dead, one of my all-time favorite albums in general! Everything about it is genuine, raw, the songs are charged with bitterness, disillusion and nostalgia... all this while retaining a distinct 2006 vibe which I love. Pieces like Cuz I Can, I Got Money Now and Who Knew remain perched at the top of my P!nk discography ranking. As a kid I really loved this CD, but as an adult it hits even harder! I only recently discovered the bonus track Heartbreaker (from the Stupid Girls CD single), another sentimental masterpiece. And the Stupid Girls music video is my all-time favorite, she served the energy that I like in there and I desperately need a Stupid Boys now!

Points were made! The fact that U + Ur Hand saved her career and completely rejuvenated her career and I'm Not Dead itself in the USA (it sold only 600k in 2006 but ended up selling 1.7M after U + Ur Hand gave it a second life) :jonny5:

2 hours ago, P!nk Forever said:

Stupid girls video is iconic.

Now why are you dropping info about a new P!nk single in an Adele thread and not mentioning it here?? Please explain what’s happening x

aaron511

So happy to see the IND stanning. P!nk's best album and also my fav album of all time. Every single goddamn song is amazing. So much rawness, emotion in lyrics and vocals. The fun songs go very hard as well. What an album!

24 minutes ago, Pilgs said:

Now why are you dropping info about a new P!nk single in an Adele thread and not mentioning it here?? Please explain what’s happening x

This! lol

P!nk Forever
29 minutes ago, Pilgs said:

Stupid girls video is iconic.

Because there are some big releases coming in March. I don‘t know exactly when P!nk releases but I bet they are eyeing a Spring release. I‘ve heard about the new single 2 weeks ago. Either way, she will drop something soon. I won‘t tell too much. I already caused enough damage by spreading "I Walk Alone" and the other version of it.

2 hours ago, P!nk Forever said:

Because there are some big releases coming in March. I don‘t know exactly when P!nk releases but I bet they are eyeing a Spring release. I‘ve heard about the new single 2 weeks ago. Either way, she will drop something soon. I won‘t tell too much. I already caused enough damage by spreading "I Walk Alone" and the other version of it.

Do you know if this is for a new album? Also we understand if you can’t share much, it’s cool that you even told us this much. I’m keen 

Underdogs
10 hours ago, P!nk Forever said:

Excited :jonny:

Underdogs

So I stalked @P!nk Forever and :jonny2:

"But I heard a snippet of the new single and it‘s not pop-rock for P!nk‘s standards. Something Dua Lipa would maybe release."

"Definitely Pop. And it‘s an uplifting type of song kinda. But that‘s just from the snippet I heard."

Walk Me Home is shaking :jonny5:

aaron511

Omg an actual single from an album? Could it be? Spill more guys

TSwiftie

In retrospect H2BH is going nowhere. Truly her worst album :rip:

Lemme do a quick album ranking no one asked for. She is one of my main faves even tho I dont post that often about her, shes still lowkey my no1

1. Funhouse

The time I became obsessed with her. I was watching the tour DVD before listening to the album and I already fell in love. Great memories, great songs. Overall her best project! Her voice and the guitars are unmatchable :jonny5: Ave Mary A is a prime example

2. M!ssundaztood

I relate to that project in many ways. It contains my fave song of all time (Family Portrait) and other songs that literally shaped my childhood. Thematically very strong and fun but also very honest what I love.

3. I‘m Not Dead

Has a few of her best songs. I was also super obsessed with the tour. When I grew older I related so much to Runaway and Long Way To Happy it was more than an obsession :ahh: I also really appreciate the cohesiveness of this album.

4. The Truth About Love

Made me a full time stan. My first P!nk concert :heart: Has a lot of bangers but also shows diversity. 

5. Beautiful Trauma

It‘s actually bigger than I always imagined. It‘s her first complete pop project but it lacks the flavour the other albums had. Still played a huge role in my life and I love it. Also went to the tour which was just amazing!

6. Try This

Underrated af. Love the singles (especially GIADJ and Trouble) and has some great highlights (Humble Neighborhoods, CMWIS, TNT, SML). 

7. CTMH

Split Personality, YMMS and title track are IT. Great debut but I rarely listen to it.

8. H2BH

Love Me Anyway is cute :chick3:

Anyways CMIS is coming

P!nk Forever
9 hours ago, Underdogs said:

So I stalked @P!nk Forever and :jonny2:

"But I heard a snippet of the new single and it‘s not pop-rock for P!nk‘s standards. Something Dua Lipa would maybe release."

"Definitely Pop. And it‘s an uplifting type of song kinda. But that‘s just from the snippet I heard."

Walk Me Home is shaking :jonny5:

Just one thing: I‘m not the site owner. Rather a confidant. But I abused that trust and she is not very happy that I revealed that much. I didn‘t spill the name of the title nor for what it is. I just threw it out as some sort of speculation. It‘s not like anything has leaked. Possible releases by Adele and Bruno Mars have been spilled so why not throwing in P!nk as well when it comes to the March releases (if she releases that month which I doubt because April is more her thing). And doesn’t it happen literally all the time with HDD revealing this or that artist is coming back, releasing something and throwing out several rumors? And I think why not building some hype for a "just there" artist when then when she actually releases it all comes of a sudden and then the momentum might be over. And we all know that 00s artists don‘t have it that easy with the streaming formats.

This shouldn‘t be an excuse and I already got myself in enough trouble. I leaked "I Walk Alone" too without getting the permission. It was risky enough to do that because I should have asked in the first place. Because it‘s me who‘s getting 2nd or even 3rd hand informations and then overcoming my thoughts by doing one impetuous thing or two. I don‘t know if it‘s the pandemic or not that makes me do those things because it‘s all so exhausting. And I swear I have always been loyal when it comes to hide a secret. I hate myself for doing that.

Edited by P!nk Forever
Underdogs
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, P!nk Forever said:

Just one thing: I‘m not the site owner. Rather a confidant. But I abused that trust and she is not very happy that I revealed that much. I didn‘t spill the name of the title nor for what it is. I just threw it out as some sort of speculation. It‘s not like anything has leaked. Possible releases by Adele and Bruno Mars have been spilled so why not throwing in P!nk as well when it comes to the March releases (if she releases that month which I doubt because April is more her thing). And doesn’t it happen literally all the time with HDD revealing this or that artist is coming back, releasing something and throwing out several rumors? And I think why not building some hype for a "just there" artist when then when she actually releases it all comes of a sudden and then the momentum might be over. And we all know that 00s artists don‘t have it that easy with the streaming formats.

This shouldn‘t be an excuse and I already got myself in enough trouble. I leaked "I Walk Alone" too without getting the permission. It was risky enough to do that because I should have asked in the first place. Because it‘s me who‘s getting 2nd or even 3rd hand informations and then overcoming my thoughts by doing one impetuous thing or two. I don‘t know if it‘s the pandemic or not that makes me do those things because it‘s all so exhausting. And I swear I have always been loyal when it comes to hide a secret. I hate myself for doing that.

It's okay sis, we appreciate however little or much you can comfortably share :heart2: And don't feel pressured to reveal anything you don't want to.

Edited by Underdogs
P!nk Forever
2 minutes ago, Underdogs said:

It's okay sis, we appreciate however little or much you can comfortably share :heart2: And don't feel pressured to reveal anything you don't want to.

Okay thank you. Just from now on please no questions anymore. I already spilled too much. Just take it for what it is.

On 3/6/2021 at 3:33 PM, P!nk Forever said:

Okay thank you. Just from now on please no questions anymore. I already spilled too much. Just take it for what it is.

:heart:

Grenn-O

Yeah, I heard that ever since she switched to RCA that there’s a leak sending snippets out here and there and even selling unreleased songs to people. 

Maybe it’s her hot cute assistant 🤤

Maxi Underdog

I was just looking for something new in the repertoires... and I've found something where she is one of the  main composers.

It's called "Girls Guide to Losers" and has a spanish alternative title A Una Carta. 

Has someone heard about something like that? I can't find ANYTHING

Maxi Underdog

And a song called "hands on me"

Composers:

MENDEZ, LESTER A

MOORE, ALECIA B

Girls Guide To losers had the same composers...

Grenn-O
22 hours ago, Maxi Underdog said:

And a song called "hands on me"

Composers:

MENDEZ, LESTER A

MOORE, ALECIA B

Girls Guide To losers had the same composers...

I think those are older songs. I remember GGTL popping up a lot back during the Arista days. 

Grenn-O

Her latest IG post gives me hope for a M!ssundaztood 2.0 ♥️

I will probably have to prepare myself for disappointment, though I relish in pre-album excitement (in the case this actually has something to do with music that is). 

What, wait, hold on. She is actually working (or already finished) new album? Really? 

After BT/H2BH I was kinda expecting her to take another 4 year break. 

But now I'm getting excited. :duca:

She put a hashtag of rolling stone. She could just be doing a random cover thing. But here’s hoping it’s for an album. I dig that look though

13 minutes ago, Pilgs said:

She put a hashtag of rolling stone. She could just be doing a random cover thing. But here’s hoping it’s for an album. I dig that look though

Oh wait. Just realised that photo was from a rolling stone shoot. Now I’m keen!! 

aaron511

I think it's not music related but perhaps some photoshoot or a big endorsement.

If it's an album Imma need something more inspired than H2BH (altho it wasn't bad)