RIAA: JAY Z 4:44 certified PLATINUM

Aziah.

am not sure why some of yall dragging Rih when the impact thing was clearly used jokingly :toofunny3: 

and most of the people dragging jay were NOT defending Rih, maybe a few but the majority knows how this works :toofunny3: In fact Rihanna's draggings at the time were way worse :toofunny3: 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadnews

• liberalmusiclover

• Ascension

• FutureHive

57 minutes ago, Eternium said:

How low will he stoop for Platinum awards? He cheated for his last album, too :deadbanana: 

His last album actually sold over 1 million. Dont count Jay out lol

3 minutes ago, sadnews said:

I did. maybe you should.

like we don't know how much are from free download, and those are not eligible for the "charts". but only for RIAA.

and his numbers are based on legal download, not illegal, so there's no such thing as cheating.

and his certification has nothing to do with nielsen soundscan and billboard. 

RIAA is not part of them. lol 

the person compared the deal Jay Z made with illegal downloads (aka they are both free) 

also

tumblr_inline_opsvn7kEp61ur63dw_540.gif

Edited by artangel

2 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Why would this site know that, they don't know anything about Rap :skull:

There was plenty of discussion about the deal for MCHG on this site. People are either choosing to be willfully ignorant or they weren't on the site then. :skull: 

9 minutes ago, MrBeyonceFan said:

He probably won't even get over the 500k mark in sales

jfghgjfh

he'll probably do that the first week like most of his albums have done in their firstt week

dsjdkjshks!!

13 SOLO ALBUMS ALL PLATINUM *****!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

Just now, Wicked said:

Why would this site know that, they don't know anything about Rap :skull:

a lot of so-called chart enthusiasts 

2 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

am not sure why some of yall dragging Rih when the impact thing was clearly used jokingly :toofunny3: 

and most of the people dragging jay were NOT defending Rih, maybe a few but the majority knows how this works :toofunny3: In fact Rihanna's draggings at the time were way worse :toofunny3: 

this...ppl need to chill :skull: 

1 minute ago, artangel said:

the person compared the deal Jay Z made with illegal downloads (aka they are both free) 

also

tumblr_inline_opsvn7kEp61ur63dw_540.gif

except they're paid legal download.

and RIAA >> raddom atrl users who don't know how it works.

35 minutes ago, giRLbye. said:

exactly

its not "rihanna's impact"...jay z secured the same deal for her that he already had on his last album

but unlike her...he still opened up with 528k in real sales and did 1 million in pure sales...which we're will still waiting for anti to do over a year later

it was just a joke tho. why so pressed :deadbanana2: 

1 minute ago, sadnews said:

except they're paid legal download.

and RIAA >> raddom atrl users who don't know how it works.

we all know this is a fraud, so why even bother sis

13 minutes ago, Superpower said:

I don't know why people are saying "Rihanna's impact" when they used JayZ to justify her certifications last year :deadbanana3: 

I don't know why you're defending JayZ when you (and the Hive) were dragging Rihanna for the same thing last year :deadbanana:

Edited by #ADOU

Woo, King Jay :clap3: 

1 hour ago, fememeist said:

Maybe he has selling power? :toofunny3: 

He did not sell it though...

In other words, he's a cheater?

af1a479a0827729efa81a3e78efc942b7a523b0f

3 minutes ago, artangel said:

we all know this is a fraud, so why even bother sis

because I'm not dumb. 

So he probably sold 700k through sprint and had 450M streams from tidal... 450M/1500 = 300k sps + 700k free download = 1M... nvm let me just wait for the official numbers :celestial6:

Just now, samseacrest said:

So he probably sold 700k through sprint and had 450M streams from tidal... 450M/1500 = 300k sps + 700k free download = 1M... nvm let me just wait for the official numbers :celestial6:

450M streams from Tidal alone.....IT'S JUST NOT REALISTIC

2 minutes ago, Superpower said:

JayZ has more musical impact than literally most artists of our generation including Adele, Taylor, Gaga etc...

And his album was being talked about everywhere since it dropped.

Oh and next week, he'll probably outsell most people despite giving his album for free.

Not to mention, Live Nation just signed him to a $150M touring contract.

This certification is laughable :ahh:

All certifications are tbh but JayZ is an undeniable music legend who just got inducted into the Songwriters Hall Of Fame.

17 minutes ago, Ascension said:
16 minutes ago, giRLbye. said:

you should've stopped right there.

log off ATRL sometimes and you can see his impact

he just put out some of his most critically acclaimed work after 20+ yrs in the business after recently making istory as the first rapper to be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame with an introduction from President Obama & legendary Quincy Jones.

his legacy & impact is far bigger than simply being married to Beyonce

I'm not denying his impact or his legacy. I'm well aware that he's practically a music legend and that what he's accomplished in his career is more than a lot of the pop girls' accomplishments combined. I'm just a bit shocked that the album supposedly went platinum that quickly, because when people talk about big album sellers and whatever, he's not the first artist to be brought up, and especially considering the album was a Tidal exclusive. (There aren't THAT many people that have Tidal, especially when Spotify and Apple Music exist. :rip:

I really don't think his legacy and impact is simply being Beyoncé's husband. He's done a lot for the music industry as an individual and I'm not trying to discredit him for that. It would be stupid for me to deny his impact because he's accomplished so much. I just didn't feel like there was a lot of hype prior to the album because there was no lead single and very little promotion for the album. I've heard a lot more news about Jay-Z related to Beyoncé (the elevator scandal, the birth of the twins, the cheating rumors, etc.) than I have about a new album. (Although I'm not going to lie, my comment about people only associating him with Beyoncé sounded stupid and arrogant, and I do apologize for that because it's not what I meant.) 

I'm not surprised that the album's going to be a commercial success. I'm just a bit surprised that it went platinum that fast when it was exclusive to a streaming service that a lot of people don't have. That's all I'm saying.

Jay-Z’s 13th and latest studio album, “4:44,” has been certified platinum by the RIAA, based purely on streaming numbers, less than six days after its June 30 release. The news was announced officially on Wednesday morning (July 5) by both the RIAA and Jay’s label, Roc Nation, although judging by the photo of him with RIAA CEO Cary Sherman, it may have passed the mark (or been anticipated) much earlier.

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/jay-z-444-certified-platinum-purely-on-streaming-tidal-1202487447/

Another platinum plaque incoming  :gaycat3:

Edited by Tinashebanks

liberalmusiclover
14 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

All we were doing is pointing out the hypocrisy.  All of those hive members defending JAY Z in here were the same ones questioning Rihanna's selling power and success. :shakeno: 

liberalmusiclover
Just now, Tinashebanks said:

Jay-Z’s 13th and latest studio album, “4:44,” has been certified platinum by the RIAA, based purely on streaming numbers, less than six days after its June 30 release. The news was announced officially on Wednesday morning (July 5) by both the RIAA and Jay’s label, Roc Nation, although judging by the photo of him with RIAA CEO Cary Sherman, it may have passed the mark (or been anticipated) much earlier.

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/jay-z-444-certified-platinum-purely-on-streaming-tidal-1202487447/

Oh, so this doesn't include those vouchers? :gaycat3: 

This is definitely a fraudulent certification then. :fan: 

companies are not lining up to do deals with random artists who cant go gold.

show Jay some respect

2 minutes ago, Tinashebanks said:

So 1.5B it is... no F**KING WAAAAYYY 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.