• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• istersay

• ralani

• Clover

• DanyelP23

I've recently got into K-drama, I've watched 4 episodes of Romance is a Bonus Book and really like it so far, but I still struggle with the length of the episodes. Any tips for a beginner? :foxaylove2:

1 hour ago, sxhunluv said:

Is anyone watching/watched My Lovely Sam Soom?

:dies: the chances of you getting a reply in this thread are less than getting it from the KTRL thread. You should just have stayed there and talked about your drama. this thread is mega flop. k-dramas are really popular ww but not just on ATRL.

-

I see hyun bin is part of the drama you're talking about. I should add it to my list

Edited by drmkng

On 12/21/2021 at 11:41 AM, sxhunluv said:

A CLASSIC!

I highly recommend the older classics from the early 2000s. There's so many great shows from that era

On 12/21/2021 at 11:41 AM, sxhunluv said:

That's a classic for me, one of my first kdramas :jonny5:

This thead needs to be revived...:biblio2: I thought Miss Jisoo's new drama would make it more active but the whole discussion is in the KPOP thread.:chick1:

Akneeways, I am 13 episode in into 'Hello Monster'  ... the fact that this shows manages to spoil everything so soon PISSES me off. If I know something 8 episodes before the main character, it RUINS the whole fun of criminal/detective shows.

At the beginning I didn't like the female character, but the main actress managed to sell it with a good performance..

Park Bo Gum is serving twink excellence but the material to work is kinda lacking ... 

Spoiler

He has great chemistry with the actor that plays his brother :gaycat5: ... to bad they play siblings. 

Honestly, script wise, I would have liked 

Spoiler

a Mouse tea. Make David Lee the REAL killer/villian and lawyer Jeong appear evil but actually being the good guy. From here until the last episodes it SCREAMS predicatible: there will be a constant struggle between lawyer Jeong and David Lee, lawyer Jeong probably D words emotionally after snitching on Lee Jun Ho and David takes revenge on the man that killed his father and abducted and turned his little brother into a psychopath. He will probably wanna k word JunHo but Cha Ji Ahn will stop him so that he remains within morality. Then a snoozefest ending with the female & male lead working on beginning to understand their feelings for eachother - positve-ish / open-ended I predict. I would like to be proven wrong though..

Perched to start Hellbound and Silent Sea after I finish with this one.

I just binge-watched Shadow Beauty and it's really good (despite the lack of budget and length). Bomin and Hongseok are looking good too :gaycat6:

Can anyone recommend a drama similar to this? As in dark social commentary drama featuring good looking guys

60CamiU.gif

snowdrop started off really strong but ep 6 had the characters going around in circles. also i hope they don't stockholm syndrome jisoo :biblio:

60CamiU.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 1:01 PM, Antunes said:

snowdrop started off really strong but ep 6 had the characters going around in circles. also i hope they don't stockholm syndrome jisoo :biblio:

60CamiU.gif

I only watched one ep of that, hopefully will get back to it sometime.

Just watched the first episode of Through the Darkness starring Kim Nam Gil, loving it so far, great acting and production, playing on Viki

Edited by istersay

19 minutes ago, istersay said:

I only watched one ep of that, hopefully will get back to it sometime.

im now on ep 9 and im probably dropping it. the storyline hasn't developed, its just the same back and forth. soooooo boring, the korean money heist 

12 hours ago, Antunes said:

im now on ep 9 and im probably dropping it. the storyline hasn't developed, its just the same back and forth. soooooo boring, the korean money heist 

that's what I was afraid of with that show, maybe I'll skip it. Watched 2nd ep of Through the Darkness, still impressed with how good it is, I think there are only going to be 12 eps

On 12/18/2021 at 4:57 PM, Héloïse said:

I've recently got into K-drama, I've watched 4 episodes of Romance is a Bonus Book and really like it so far, but I still struggle with the length of the episodes. Any tips for a beginner? :foxaylove2:

watch on 1.5 speed and skip scenes that deal with unnecessary plotlines/charas you dont care about. kdramas have so much fluff, you usually dont miss anything. plus for me, i find out that if im not skipping in a drama, that means i really enjoy it, so it helps with rating it.

On 12/28/2021 at 11:38 PM, wolfaire said:

I just binge-watched Shadow Beauty and it's really good (despite the lack of budget and length). Bomin and Hongseok are looking good too :gaycat6:

Can anyone recommend a drama similar to this? As in dark social commentary drama featuring good looking guys

60CamiU.gif

i need to watch this for my girl nakyung, ive seen some cuts and it looks interesting. hongseok's been on fire this past year: blue birthday, shadow beauty, and another upcoming drama.

if you want dramas in the same vein, i would suggest

• extracurricular (watched, loved)
  • strangers from hell (watched, loved)
  • beautiful world (havent watched, heard it was good)
  • white christmas (havent watched, heard it was good)
  • class of lies (havent watched, heard it was good)
  • how to buy a friend (dropped)
  • move to heaven (watched, was okay)
  • squid game (watched, was okay)
  • my name (watched, was okay)

if youre from the US, extracurricular, strangers from hell, move to heaven, squid game, and my name are all on netflix and all are 10 episodes, so fairly quick watches.

Edited by lux
needed to add something.

just came here to post bc i watched "the witch: part 1" and wow choi wooshik is so charming and cute :WAP: already loved him in parasite, but he's somehow even better there. im going to watch "my beloved summer" bc i already love seeing him abd kim dami together and it'll be nice seeing them in a cute relationship

Spoiler

instead of trying to kill each other :eli:

also currently watching "youth of may" for lee dohyun and go minsi. they're cute.

netflix is ramping up their korean content :wave2:

Started watching 'Rookie Cops' (the other k-drama on Disney+ besides Jisoo's 'Snowdrop') after taking a 3 week hiatus from K-Dramas.

It's a cute show with beautiful editing/cinematography and the slightly comedic tone of the show fits well (it seems like they didn't shy with the coin spent on this production). I mainly started watching it because of Kang Daniel (who so far serves good enough subtle acting realness, especially for someone who hasn't acted before) and Park Yoo Na ('Hotel del Luna', 'True Beauty') but the main actress Chae Soo Bin serves charisma overload :jonnycat:. Lee Shin Young from 'Crash Landing on You' is also in it and his character so far is one of my favourite.