Korean Drama Discussion Thread ☀ 한국드라마 Q2

Bayonsay

Weightlifting Fairy had me having withdrawals so I asked some of my mutuals on twitter for shows like it and they suggested Sassy Go Go/Cheer Up but it's actually a pretty dark drama for one about a high school. So much corruption :dies: I like it tho.

I was originally watching it for Jisoo and VIXX's N but this guy is soooooo very handsome and stole the spotlight

tumblr_nwwllz8rLj1qewelfo8_250.gif

His name is Lee Won Geun

I keep forgetting he's an asshole character (for right now) bc he's so dreamy :dies: 

----

I'm also really excited for Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. It seems like it will be a lot like Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo lol even the titles are similar & Nam Joo hyuk and Kim Jisoo are basically one in the same.

Edited by KORDEI

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• istersay

• ralani

• Clover

• DanyelP23

Watched the first two episodes of Saimdang, Light’s Diary and it was okay. The pilot was a rushed disaster though eventually things improved during the second one (but still... there are some flaw here and there). Lee young ae's character is kinda similar to Dae Jang Geum but i don't mind tbh. 

I ended up watching Reply: 1988 because my friend also recommended it to me, and all I can say is WOW. What a show. The last episode currently has me in tears, such a beautiful reflection at the end. :clap3:

I'm tempted to check out the other Reply series now but I'm worried they won't be able to live up to the immeasurable standards set by 1988.  :rip:

I just finished rewatching Reply 1997, it's as amazing as I remembered :jonny: they better make a new one this year :duca:

@Argent you have to try 1997 and 1994! I think 1988 improved on them but I personally hated the ending and didn't feel like it gave closure. 

1988 (initially) > 1994 > 1997 > 1988 (ending) imo

Edited by IamCY

Missing 9 Ep 5 RANT

Spoiler

OH MY ****ING ****ING ****ING GOD THEY DID NOT JUST ****ING KILL CHANYEOL, THIS TAE HO BITCH I ****ING HATE THE LITTLE ****. OH MY GOD WHY DID THEY HAVE TO KILL HIM SO EARLY, I'M DEPRESSED. WHEN HE WACKED HIS HEAD ON THE ROCK I WAS WAITING AND HOPING FOR HIM TO JIGGLE OR DO SOMETHING AND SHOW THAT HE WAS ALIVE, BUT THEN TAE HO PUT HIM FACE DOWN IN THE WATER AND HE DRIFTED 2 MILES AWAY. THEN I WAS WAITING FOR HIM TO TURN AROUND IN THE WATER AND CHOKE OR SOMETHING AND COME BACK TO LIFE BUT HE DIDN'T ADGFSHDGASFIDGUAHIJDOI I HATE THIS SHOW

omg I just read that SNSD's Yuri was offered the lead female role in Missing Nine and she REJECTED it :deadbanana3:

I mean, it was the right decision cause her drama right now gets 2-3x more ratings, but it would've been so nice to see her in a drama with Chanyeol

1 hour ago, IamCY said:

I just finished rewatching Reply 1997, it's as amazing as I remembered :jonny: they better make a new one this year :duca:

@Argent you have to try 1997 and 1994! I think 1988 improved on them but I personally hated the ending and didn't feel like it gave closure. 

1988 (initially) > 1994 > 1997 > 1988 (ending) imo

I just started 1997 and I have to say all I can think of is how much I miss everyone from 1988. :rip: It's going to take a while for me to adapt, but apart from that 1997 seems very cute and Shi Won is pretty funny so I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes from here! Il Hwa and Dong Il are just the best. :heart2:

Edited by Argent

23 hours ago, Argent said:

I ended up watching Reply: 1988 because my friend also recommended it to me, and all I can say is WOW. What a show. The last episode currently has me in tears, such a beautiful reflection at the end. :clap3:

I'm tempted to check out the other Reply series now but I'm worried they won't be able to live up to the immeasurable standards set by 1988.  :rip:

I cried several times watching Reply 1988. I tried watching Reply 1997 but idk it was just.... alright but just as you said, it's probably because 1988 was so good that I just thought 1997 is nothing compared to it. 

Edited by Exzime.

On 30/01/2017 at 5:03 AM, KORDEI said:

Weightlifting Fairy had me having withdrawals so I asked some of my mutuals on twitter for shows like it and they suggested Sassy Go Go/Cheer Up but it's actually a pretty dark drama for one about a high school. So much corruption :dies: I like it tho.

I was originally watching it for Jisoo and VIXX's N but this guy is soooooo very handsome and stole the spotlight

tumblr_nwwllz8rLj1qewelfo8_250.gif

His name is Lee Won Geun

Oh, I remember him from The Good Wife. He played a role as a lawyer there along with Nana from After School. 

He's really cute.

CklzmJTUgAAwEGl.jpg

10 hours ago, Exzime. said:

Oh, I remember him from The Good Wife. He played a role as a lawyer there along with Nana from After School. 

He's really cute.

CklzmJTUgAAwEGl.jpg

Wait

qhsx1Hz.gif

Yuri is an ACTRESS. I watched Neighborhood hero and now I'm watching Defendant, she's good.

Voice is my show of the this quarter, it's intense and good.

Introverted Boss is meh, I could do without that annoying lead female character, Hyoseong is kinda good in her role.

I'm thinking of abandoning Hwarang, Ah Ro, the queen, the princess, can't act to save their lives. The queen's personal guard :flame:.

Missing Nine is quite good, not the best thing but entertaining.

On 02/02/2017 at 10:22 PM, BlazingLovatic said:

Missing 9 Ep 5 RANT

Reveal hidden contents

OH MY ****ING ****ING ****ING GOD THEY DID NOT JUST ****ING KILL CHANYEOL, THIS TAE HO BITCH I ****ING HATE THE LITTLE ****. OH MY GOD WHY DID THEY HAVE TO KILL HIM SO EARLY, I'M DEPRESSED. WHEN HE WACKED HIS HEAD ON THE ROCK I WAS WAITING AND HOPING FOR HIM TO JIGGLE OR DO SOMETHING AND SHOW THAT HE WAS ALIVE, BUT THEN TAE HO PUT HIM FACE DOWN IN THE WATER AND HE DRIFTED 2 MILES AWAY. THEN I WAS WAITING FOR HIM TO TURN AROUND IN THE WATER AND CHOKE OR SOMETHING AND COME BACK TO LIFE BUT HE DIDN'T ADGFSHDGASFIDGUAHIJDOI I HATE THIS SHOW

I love me some Taejoon, but in this drama he's so ****ing irritating... I guess he plays his role good since we're suppose to hate him.

I've started Producer. People were saying that the first episode was really boring, but I really enjoyed it which means that I'll probably love the show.

On 03/02/2017 at 10:53 PM, Cheers said:

Is Missing Nine good?

It's a filler drama. I don't love it, but I don't hate it.

i've heard bad things about reply 1994 which made me put it off for a long time but i decided to finally start watching it because 1997 and 1988 are my favorite dramas ever and i refuse to believe that the series suffered such a drop-off in quality. i'll have to see it for myself and hopefully i won't end up too disappointed :emofish:

On 03/02/2017 at 9:53 PM, Cheers said:

Is Missing Nine good?

I love it

I know it's a movie but has anyone watched The Beauty Inside? It sounds interesting but it also sounds like it could be messy with the  big cast.