• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• simmnfierzig

• Green

• Pacaveli

Billboard is a shadow of its former self and I'd like to see proof of these TIDAL streams after the Kanye stunt.

22 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Billboard is a shadow of its former self and I'd like to see proof of these TIDAL streams after the Kanye stunt.

What? The album was available on all streaming services.

2 hours ago, iHype. said:

Once an article has been posted on something being #1, they have never went back and recounted, then announced a new #1. It's a done deal when the article is posted.

What would even be the point of posting an article saying Khaled was #1 if they were still re-counting?

An article was posted about "High By The Beach" being #7 and it wasn't correct... So, yes, there are precedents of articles containing wrong information... Not saying it is the case now, but it has definitely happened before...

1 hour ago, zony111 said:

I really love Wild Thoughts and I'm The One so I am kinda happy Khaled won :flower:

Now, bish! What is this I'm reading? :angry:

5 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

An article was posted about "High By The Beach" being #7 and it wasn't correct... So, yes, there are precedents of articles containing wrong information... Not saying it is the case now, but it has definitely happened before...

High By the Beach wasn't a #1. I didn't say they don't make mistakes in general, they don't make mistakes regarding who's #1.

QueenofCopyPaste

No top 10 reveal tomorrow on Hot 100?

9 minutes ago, J-boy said:

No top 10 reveal tomorrow on Hot 100?

The 4th isn't until Tuesday. Top 10 article should be fine for tomorrow, but full chart might not be uploaded till Wednesday.

Streaming truly fvcked this up..

I hate how streaming fvcked charts like this one, and the singles chart being Stagnant.. but do I have a choice?? :confused: streaming is the present, but still HOW FVCKED UP.. :!ohno:

3 hours ago, Green said:

Which one was the last close battle?

November 7, 2015
01 98,000 PENTATONIX Pentatonix
02 98,000 CONFIDENT Demi Lovato

Pentatonix had the bigger pure sales though

This one was close too:

October 11, 2014
01 130,521 CHEEK TO CHEEK Tony Bennett & Lady GaGa
02 129,670 THE BIG REVIVAL Kenny Chesney

Cheek To Cheek VS The Big Revival VS Partners (2nd week)

it was a 3-way race.. I was really neevous that time cause C2C was the underdog.. but Pop Emergency pulled thru

7 hours ago, iHype. said:

Apparently ID was tryna cheat though...

girlrdskvttzdg.gif

And either way, both of their last albums debuted #1. It's not really a big deal who goes #1 when both of them already have #1's.

:deadbanana3: 

I’m so happy Khaled/Asahd got this.

ID stans can cry a river. They already have a no.1 album, don’t be so hostile :deadbanana3: 

3 hours ago, Cap10Planet said:

Khaled is talentless (the biggest Hip Hop hack, less talented than Lil Uzi and those mumble rappers) and Imagine Dragons are a terrible group. What are we arguing for?

I agree with 50% of this post

Why are these single streams counting towards albums? These new charts rules are ****.

2 hours ago, iHype. said:

What? The album was available on all streaming services.

He's managed by Jay so I have no reason to trust his TIDAL streams until they do a third-party audit (nor anyone else's, for that matter).

1 hour ago, iHype. said:

High By the Beach wasn't a #1. I didn't say they don't make mistakes in general, they don't make mistakes regarding who's #1.

They do go back and change their rules, though. They did it to Blackout and stole its #1.

19 minutes ago, Eternium said:

He's managed by Jay so I have no reason to trust his TIDAL streams until they do a third-party audit (nor anyone else's, for that matter).

They do go back and change their rules, though. They did it to Blackout and stole its #1.

According to HDD DJ Khaled's label was trying to have 10K+ of Imagine Dragons sales removed for violating rules, so if TIDAL did submit any fishy streams I'm sure Imagine Dragon's labels would've tried to have them removed.

UPDATE, 7/2: The battle for #1 on our overtime chart continued late Saturday night and could well resume today, as Sony challenges the D2C numbers that give Imagine Dragons a lead over DJ Khaled. The contention is that 10k+ in D2C is not in keeping with the specific rules that govern the collection of data; it’s very difficult to prove that the system has not been gamed.

4 hours ago, Cap10Planet said:

Khaled is talentless (the biggest Hip Hop hack, less talented than Lil Uzi and those mumble rappers) and Imagine Dragons are a terrible group. What are we arguing for?

THANK

YOU

:ahh: 

3 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Why are these single streams counting towards albums? These new charts rules are ****.

This new chart rules have been in effect since 2014; three years ago.

Can we please stop calling them new chart rules every time one of your favs don't debut at the top. Time after time you guys complain about rules that you can't control and that will not change in the foreseeable future. 

NO ****ING WAY:biblio:

ID doing 2X more in pure sales :skull: 

10 hours ago, B'Day said:

I don't keep up with him to know his stats, but I do know he is quite open with his achievements 

And maybe one day the girls will graduate from ATRL and proudly accomplish things themselves. Can't stand the griping over people being happy about their success. Being general.

---

:clap3: 

I've yet to listen to it all the way through because it's honestly likely a mess but he's come up and WT is one of the best songs of the year so. ID's power/dub/rock with the same lyrics as their last albums will just have to settle. BUT good for them maintaining. Just gonna be more excited to 21P next effort.

Edited by Rico Shameless v2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.