The Sims | We Love Cindy Again

The Unforgiving

I think she thought when she announced that she was pausing her sims channel that all of the viewers would come to the vlog channel to support her but as much as some of us liked her vlogs we didn't have as much of an interest to watch them ASAP as we probably would her sims content. She is so obsessed with numbers and statistics and she's a small channel. Remember when posted Sims 2 Lets Plays are dead and then about a week later said Sims 4 is never being posted on my channel again but like she explains in her tweets she impulsively said those things. I think she's confused about what content to post, lots of us love the sims 2 content and it gets views but she noticed her hate fuelled sims 4 videos got the most views but with that also got the most hate.

We like Cindy for her but she doesn't do much in her life to warrant a full-time vlogging channel unless she starts doing more activities and exciting content, the day in a life and diet video just showed she bases her day around 3 meals and trivial things (wake up, play games, breakfast, walk, play games, Andrew cooks, play games, Andrew cooks, watch TV, go to bed at 8pm).

I hope she takes the time to reevaluate and that she does come back feeling refreshed - her streams showed that whilst only 60% of her usual viewer base watched her play zoo tycoon that they were still engaging so she could easily rebrand from PleasantSims to PleasantCindy and do a mixture of content but that would probably hinder her growth. 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gloamingtheplain

• The Unforgiving

• WillieMonroe

• PoKiTaurus

• #FreeBritney Activist

I know mental health is a touchy subject, but sooo many sims you tubers have to take breaks because of it. I wonder if it’s because of the toxic community or just because the sims attracts a particular type of person. Generally the only negative comments I’ve seen aimed towards cindy are about her wigs, but she seems to be super sensitive. 

1 hour ago, ConceptD said:

I know mental health is a touchy subject, but sooo many sims you tubers have to take breaks because of it. I wonder if it’s because of the toxic community or just because the sims attracts a particular type of person. Generally the only negative comments I’ve seen aimed towards cindy are about her wigs, but she seems to be super sensitive. 

She does bring up the negative comments thing a lot but I’ve never actually seen a negative comment on any of her videos. All the comments I’ve seen have been overwhelmingly positive. Obviously I can’t speak for the dm’s she might receive so perhaps that’s what she’s referring to when she talks about this. I don’t know I just think a lot of it is in her head which must relate to this mental health crisis that’s she’s experiencing. It’s very sad to see, I hope she can overcome this but it’s easier said than done.

the new farm pack was cute for like 1-2 days, i wasn't having as much fun as i'd hoped for but it was an improvement over snowy escape and every single pack since university. i removed all mods and just played vanilla and the game ran smoothly for those 1-2 days but as soon as my sim began to start a family, add more animals the game becomes unplayable the town is buggy, sims just come to my house and will not leave with no option to ask them to leave, i tried mc command centre to get them to leave but even that wouldn't work, some sims thought they were in strangerville and became possessed, the only way i got around getting rid of them was killing them using mc command centre, sims not doing the things i tell them to do, standing around for hours, cancelling out things i asked them to do. the game is so buggy its unplayable for me its way to frustrating it should just run smoothly but they'll never fix all the bugs and just keep releasing stuff unfortunately, this game really isn't for me anymore.

On 7/24/2021 at 9:34 AM, Adam’s Eve said:

I honestly don’t think Cindy is cut out for the YouTube lifestyle. She seems to be very effected by how she comes across to viewers, and worries too much about what people think of her which I totally get as I’m the same. I’d be a wreck if I ever started a channel that took off.

There seems to be a lot of pressure on youtubers to perform, I think you need to be the type of person to not give a f*ck about your numbers dwindling and just put out what you WANT to put out, which I can see Cindy struggles with.

It’s clear that it consumes her thoughts by the way she was in her latest video. I hope she can get through whatever she is going through with this break but I can see her not wanting to come back in the end and maybe it’s the best thing for her health.

Agreed. She was all about growing her channel and using metrics to reason why she pushed out more Sims 4 content even though she hated the game. Then did a 180 to "do what she loved" and returned to Sims 2. But playing a game as a job is probably the worst. Turns your hobby into work and if you like the older game, you are seeing less views aka less money. And based on her videos, it seemed like she was the breadwinner. I hope she can turn it around and do what she likes. I can understand the pressure to look good. Hopefully she can make some life changes and get back at some point. Kind of mad I missed her latest video.

On 7/27/2021 at 5:10 AM, Walk_Away21 said:

Agreed. She was all about growing her channel and using metrics to reason why she pushed out more Sims 4 content even though she hated the game. Then did a 180 to "do what she loved" and returned to Sims 2. But playing a game as a job is probably the worst. Turns your hobby into work and if you like the older game, you are seeing less views aka less money. And based on her videos, it seemed like she was the breadwinner. I hope she can turn it around and do what she likes. I can understand the pressure to look good. Hopefully she can make some life changes and get back at some point. Kind of mad I missed her latest video.

I also think she really dislikes that the Sims 2 isn’t as popular as what it *feels* like. 

A lot of us older plays love the Sims 2 because it’s what we grew up with. And it has a hardcore fan base. 
But once you start making videos appealing to that fan base you start to realise that they’re very passionate but not large in numbers compared to The Sims 4 that has something like 30 million active players a month. 

People like LilSimsie can get 200 - 300k views an upload just with a Sims 4 build or gameplay. And it’s usually more when there’s a new pack. 

So it’s probably frustrating when the game you hate is the one that’s currently the most popular and it feels like a constant battle to get people who watch your Sims 4 content to also enjoy your favourite version. 

Bye Cindy, you were fun for a few months and I'll miss your content, but the internet isn't for everyone. I hope you have other income streams :heart:

I do not like the fact that she has completely disregarded her fans, no apology or any type of remorse or gratitude for the year+ they've been supporting her. Many of the fans were paying subs on twitch, boosted her disc server or donated via twitch & patreon to support her when she said she was struggling to make ends meet (this was on a twitch stream). Multiple fans even sent her clothing hauls, subscription boxes and other things for her to open on her vlog channel when she said she didn't want to do sims videos anymore. It's just sad, I get why she's left but it all seems abrupt and rushed like any decision she makes but I just feel like the gratitude isn't there.

The Sims 4 failed miserably before it even started. They had big plans for the sequel to TS3 and ended up scrapping all of them which resulted in a half assed game which they have been trying to repair for the past 8 years and they have not succeded even an ounce. They were on the right track with Seasons but that remains the only expansion pack with even a tiny ounce of relevance.

The only reason TS4 is still popular is because it's the only life simulation game around right now and because CAS and Build mode are easy to use, a lot of the general Sims audience doesn't even use story mode anymore because there is nothing to play with. This game is the biggest flop in the Sims history and deserves to be completely erased from everyone's memory when the (hopefully) better TS5 comes out in a few years.

On 8/1/2021 at 5:52 PM, pieceofgök said:

This game is the biggest flop in the Sims history and deserves to be completely erased from everyone's memory when the (hopefully) better TS5 comes out in a few years

Not to be pessimistic, but I think we all know by now it's going to very much in the vain of The Sims 4. As much as I don't love TS4, it's not a flop since it racks in money. If it didn't, EA would've stopped developing these games a long time ago, as they usually have no problems killing off series that doesn't generate a large income. See Simcity 2013, that game BOMBED, they tried one EP with clearly more planned, it flopped, they just ended it right there.

EA will be working towards online features, more DLC options and cross platform games. It's a hill EA will die on.

On 8/2/2021 at 1:52 AM, pieceofgök said:

The Sims 4 failed miserably before it even started. They had big plans for the sequel to TS3 and ended up scrapping all of them which resulted in a half assed game which they have been trying to repair for the past 8 years and they have not succeded even an ounce. They were on the right track with Seasons but that remains the only expansion pack with even a tiny ounce of relevance.

The only reason TS4 is still popular is because it's the only life simulation game around right now and because CAS and Build mode are easy to use, a lot of the general Sims audience doesn't even use story mode anymore because there is nothing to play with. This game is the biggest flop in the Sims history and deserves to be completely erased from everyone's memory when the (hopefully) better TS5 comes out in a few years.

You’re living in a dream land lmao. 

4 is the best selling Sims game of all time, the most played Sims game of all time, the longest running Sims game of all time. 

And the Sims 3 is right there on Origin and Steam, and the Sims 4 actually has better reviews on Steam than Sims 3. 

Also fun fact, the Sims 3 has been on Steam for almost a decade and has 22k reviews. 

The Sims 4 has been on Steam for just over a year and has 24k reviews. That’s how much of an impact the Sims 4 has had. 

The real flop was actually the Sims 3. In its final two years, EA were selling Sims 3 Expansions on Origin for as little as $7 just to get sales. They were permanently reducing the cost of packs to $20 a month or two after release. 

And if you don’t believe me check the internet archive for Origin back in 2013. The game was legit flopping so bad that’s why EA couldn’t delay the Sims 4 any further. 

The Sims 3 was one of those games that was really good on paper, but trying to get it to work was a nightmare and only hardcore fans stood by it. If you didn’t install mods the game broke after a few Sims weeks and some worlds like Island Paradise or Late Night didn’t work out of the box or didn’t last long before they didn’t. 

11 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

You’re living in a dream land lmao. 

4 is the best selling Sims game of all time, the most played Sims game of all time, the longest running Sims game of all time. 

And the Sims 3 is right there on Origin and Steam, and the Sims 4 actually has better reviews on Steam than Sims 3. 

Also fun fact, the Sims 3 has been on Steam for almost a decade and has 22k reviews. 

The Sims 4 has been on Steam for just over a year and has 24k reviews. That’s how much of an impact the Sims 4 has had. 

The real flop was actually the Sims 3. In its final two years, EA were selling Sims 3 Expansions on Origin for as little as $7 just to get sales. They were permanently reducing the cost of packs to $20 a month or two after release. 

And if you don’t believe me check the internet archive for Origin back in 2013. The game was legit flopping so bad that’s why EA couldn’t delay the Sims 4 any further. 

The Sims 3 was one of those games that was really good on paper, but trying to get it to work was a nightmare and only hardcore fans stood by it. If you didn’t install mods the game broke after a few Sims weeks and some worlds like Island Paradise or Late Night didn’t work out of the box or didn’t last long before they didn’t. 

The Sims 4 sells well because it's easily accesible to anyone even with a lower-end laptop. And lots of sales does not a good game make. Ask any real game reviewer or the core fanbase of The Sims series and you'll see that The Sims 4 is a major bust in everyone's eyes.

49 minutes ago, pieceofgök said:

The Sims 4 sells well because it's easily accesible to anyone even with a lower-end laptop. And lots of sales does not a good game make. Ask any real game reviewer or the core fanbase of The Sims series and you'll see that The Sims 4 is a major bust in everyone's eyes.

That’s why I mentioned the fact that The Sims 4 has better reviews than the Sims 3 on steam, where you can only leave a review when you’ve purchased the product. 

going off of Plumbella’s new video, what features would y’all want in TS5 base game? im struggling to see why she says she’s not bothered about seasons being in the base game, imo they’re a necessity. I think bringing out a Sims base game in the 2020s without basic stuff like rain, snow and thunderstorms is such a cop out :rip: Then they can bring out a pack later on which expands on the seasons and adds more activities/locations based on them.

• #FreeBritney Activist
24 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

That’s why I mentioned the fact that The Sims 4 has better reviews than the Sims 3 on steam, where you can only leave a review when you’ve purchased the product. 

Steam was nowhere near as big of a deal back in 2009 when the sims 3 was released and most people would just buy a game on physical disk though so you can’t really compare the reviews. The fact that the sims 3 has almost as many reviews as the sims 4 despite the sims 4 being released in the digital era says a lot in itself. 

As for it being unplayable, that’s true. It works fine for a few days or maybe even weeks but the lag and weird bugs will ALWAYS get you. It doesn’t matter what machine you have or what mods you download, it just isn’t a well made game. The sims 4 is rapidly going in that direction too though and I haven’t played for like a year but even then with like 7 less DLCs you’d have simulation lag that was just crazy and weird things would keep happening. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
11 minutes ago, May said:

going off of Plumbella’s new video, what features would y’all want in TS5 base game? im struggling to see why she says she’s not bothered about seasons being in the base game, imo they’re a necessity. I think bringing out a Sims base game in the 2020s without basic stuff like rain, snow and thunderstorms is such a cop out :rip: Then they can bring out a pack later on which expands on the seasons and adds more activities/locations based on them.

They will NEVER add seasons to the base game. It makes them so much money and tbh I don’t mind it being a separate pack since you always get so much more stuff than just rain and snow. If they add it into the base game it’ll likely just be rain and will never be expanded upon. 

I’d just really love an open world that runs smoothly and places to actually go in that world instead of rabbit holes everywhere but I don’t really think that’s possible. 

50 minutes ago, May said:

I want sims to have personality and no emotions that are easily changed, I don't like having to imagine things I want them to be actually there. So my more intuitive sims, different personality types, not just the same sims with different skins. The sims in ts4 are just dolls even the traits system sucks in ts4, there is no in depth gameplay. A memory system, wants and fears. The wants system in ts4 is so incredibly shallow.

Edited by HabbGaga

Has anyone tried the new Sims 3 smooth patch mod!? I saw some videos on YouTube and the camera movement looks really quick and improved, I’m shook! :duca:

2 hours ago, ConceptD said:

Steam was nowhere near as big of a deal back in 2009 when the sims 3 was released and most people would just buy a game on physical disk though so you can’t really compare the reviews. The fact that the sims 3 has almost as many reviews as the sims 4 despite the sims 4 being released in the digital era says a lot in itself. 

As for it being unplayable, that’s true. It works fine for a few days or maybe even weeks but the lag and weird bugs will ALWAYS get you. It doesn’t matter what machine you have or what mods you download, it just isn’t a well made game. The sims 4 is rapidly going in that direction too though and I haven’t played for like a year but even then with like 7 less DLCs you’d have simulation lag that was just crazy and weird things would keep happening. 

Even though it’s not as big then, it’s still accumulated over 10 years. If you have 10 people rate it 10/10 or 20,000 people rate it 10/10 it still gets a rating of 10/10. 

As an example. But it’s also been on Steam the entire time The Sims 4 was out. People during 3 vs 4 had the chance to buy 3 but chose 4 and reviewed it higher. 

And yes, simulation lag is an issue. But changes to the config files can fix it, but cause issues for others which is why EA hasn’t rolled out a fix it. Hopefully soon. 

4 hours ago, May said:

I agree with all of her points tbh.

Seasons not being on the base game never bothered me. Would it be nice to have it? Sure, but it's not something that I find essential.

However, I would much rather it come bare bones in the base game if they are going the Sims 4 route where they release packs that are very obvious about specific seasons like Island Living and Snowy Escape.

Of all the hills to die on, defending 'The Sims 4' should be your last choice :rip: It's rushed, unpolished, buggy, devoid of depth, exploitative, panned, and dated. Yes, it's doing numbers but it also has like triple the DLC TS1-TS3 had and has been promoted consistently for the last seven years. Also, 'The Sims 4' currently has a monopoly over the life simulator genre. People aren't buying/playing because it's good - there are literally no other options.

The closest (paid) point of comparison is Animal Crossing: New Horizons which just crossed 32M units WW in a year and a half. It took TS4 seven years to do ~36M units WW across all platforms (PC, MAC, XBONE, PS4) and AC:NH is on track to outsell it despite being a Switch exclusive. So no, TS4 doing better/bigger numbers does not speak to how much people are actually enjoying their experience. If they didn't have a chokehold over the life sim genre their numbers would be far worse.

3 hours ago, Adam’s Eve said:

Has anyone tried the new Sims 3 smooth patch mod!? I saw some videos on YouTube and the camera movement looks really quick and improved, I’m shook! :duca:

I just saw this:

it does look pretty great tbh, the fact it cut many loading times by 50%, and jumping from lot to lot on the map looks SO much more fluid. but whew, that create a style fix :jonny4: I try to refrain from using create a style bc of how laggy it is but this might help me get back into it. defo gonna download this

I just want to know what art direction they're gonna go with for TS5 :eli: the style they went with in TS4 was cute at first but I'm so SICK of looking at it 7 years later :deadbanana4:

8 hours ago, R.E.M. said:

Of all the hills to die on, defending 'The Sims 4' should be your last choice :rip: It's rushed, unpolished, buggy, devoid of depth, exploitative, panned, and dated. Yes, it's doing numbers but it also has like triple the DLC TS1-TS3 had and has been promoted consistently for the last seven years. Also, 'The Sims 4' currently has a monopoly over the life simulator genre. People aren't buying/playing because it's good - there are literally no other options.

The closest (paid) point of comparison is Animal Crossing: New Horizons which just crossed 32M units WW in a year and a half. It took TS4 seven years to do ~36M units WW across all platforms (PC, MAC, XBONE, PS4) and AC:NH is on track to outsell it despite being a Switch exclusive. So no, TS4 doing better/bigger numbers does not speak to how much people are actually enjoying their experience. If they didn't have a chokehold over the life sim genre their numbers would be far worse.

It has nowhere near the DLC the Sims 3 had. 

Also, the Sims 4 may be all those things but yet somehow seems to be a much more enjoyable game than The Sims 3.

The Sims 3 is good for literally about a Sims week in a fresh save and gets progressively worse as you play to the point it becomes unplayable. 

In Sims 4, you can play through 100 generations in a single save and have it perform the exact same way as a fresh save. 

Not to mention, the Sims 3 added open world but cut 70% of the community lots found in other games and replaced them with shells. And the store venues don’t even work properly. 

What’s the point in Open World when the venues are mostly empty or there is less choice than The Sims 2/4 for places to go. 

A lack of loading screens and it’s literally to load less places to go.