• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gloamingtheplain

• The Unforgiving

• WillieMonroe

• PoKiTaurus

9 hours ago, Illuminati said:

The way EA made yall excited for terrain tools by DEPRIVING yall from a basic functionality the Sims had since TS1 :ahh: 

Sims 4 complicated itself by having multiple wall heights and foundation heights. According to SimGuruDoi, it was a lot more difficult to add it to 4, because previously they only had to consider 2 heights (wall and foundation). 

1 minute ago, The Unforgiving said:

CRINGE @ the "Get" in the title. It's not even funny :rip: 

I like it. "Let's Get Famous" is a common phrase. It's not like the title is "Get Celebrities" or "Get Movie Stars" 

It's a better title than "Late Night" which says nothing at all about what you're buying :rip: And if they named it "Showtime" or "Superstar" people would see it as a direct remake. 

There aren't very many names left they could use that are too the point. "Become Famous" sounds like a weird title, "Rich & Famous" is probably the only one I can think of that would sound good, but again, isn't as direct about what the pack is. 

No singers either? WHY DO I HAVE TO ROT? I literally just care about musicians. That useless karaoke skill from City Tanking ain't it.

Hype cancelled :biblio:

Just now, The Unforgiving said:

No singers either? WHY DO I HAVE TO ROT? I literally just care about musicians. That useless karaoke skill from City Tanking ain't it.

Hype cancelled :biblio:

Do you know something we don't? 

2 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

I like it. "Let's Get Famous" is a common phrase. It's not like the title is "Get Celebrities" or "Get Movie Stars" 

It's a better title than "Late Night" which says nothing at all about what you're buying :rip: And if they named it "Showtime" or "Superstar" people would see it as a direct remake. 

There aren't very many names left they could use that are too the point. "Become Famous" sounds like a weird title, "Rich & Famous" is probably the only one I can think of that would sound good, but again, isn't as direct about what the pack is. 

Late Night was actually called After Dark before it was announced as Late Night. I guess After Dark sounded pervy and they changed it to keep the T rating.

The whole "get" naming is uninspired. Why not call it something like Path to Fame? Or just simply call it Celebrities.

2 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

Late Night was actually called After Dark before it was announced as Late Night. I guess After Dark sounded pervy and they changed it to keep the T rating.

The whole "get" naming is uninspired. Why not call it something like Path to Fame? Or just simply call it Celebrities.

Probably because of the "Road To Fame" mod. Bad press. 

And Celebrities sounds worse than "Get Famous" :rip: 

& "After Dark" still says nothing about the EP.  

9 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Do you know something we don't? 

The key features just leaked. No sign or mention of singers. They mentioned two careers... And one of them is coming for free in an update.

5 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Probably because of the "Road To Fame" mod. Bad press. 

And Celebrities sounds worse than "Get Famous" :rip: 

& "After Dark" still says nothing about the EP.  

Seems like the whole focus of this pack is around acting in particular. Which makes "Get Famous" sounds just as misleading as "After Dark" or "Late Night".

The key features just leaked. No sign or mention of singers. They mentioned two careers... And one of them is coming for free in an update.

Eh. I'd rather them get this aspect done right, and then have a proper "Musician career" where Sims can go on the road, have record labels etc. 

Late Night and Showtime tried to do too much, and didn't focus on Movie Stars or Singers which meant both packs sucked for the purpose they were made. 

I would rather wait for a "Pop Icon" pack rather than sacrificing content to get watered down Movie Stars and Singers. 

1 minute ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Eh. I'd rather them get this aspect done right, and then have a proper "Musician career" where Sims can go on the road, have record labels etc. 

Why can't they just put them in one pack? $40 just for a career. a world and some build/buy items? If this is the case then this should've been a game pack.

Act the Part

Audition for commercial gigs or land a breakout role in the latest blockbuster

I swear if this is another concerts and charity events scam...

4 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

Why can't they just put them in one pack? $40 just for a career. a world and some build/buy items? If this is the case then this should've been a game pack.

Because we've seen what that looks like with Late Night and Showtime. It sucked. 

Showtime sucked because they didn't focus on simply Music and tried to combine two other careers no one wanted (EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD A SINGER CAREER IN THE BASE GAME TO WORK OFF) 

and Late Night didn't know what it wanted to be. 

Give me a "Pop Icon" Game Pack, and let the EP be Hollywood based. Even Superstar didn't really give enough and was more for giggles. 

25 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Because we've seen what that looks like with Late Night and Showtime. It sucked. 

Showtime sucked because they didn't focus on simply Music and tried to combine two other careers no one wanted (EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD A SINGER CAREER IN THE BASE GAME TO WORK OFF) 

and Late Night didn't know what it wanted to be. 

Give me a "Pop Icon" Game Pack, and let the EP be Hollywood based. Even Superstar didn't really give enough and was more for giggles. 

You're implying that they can't do quality and quantity at the same time which proves a point about their lack of competence.

• #FreeBritney Activist

We might get cars! :duca: :duca:, one of the features from the Get Famous EP is "Cruise in style though Del Sol Valley", so do we think Cars would be in the pack? :weeps:

4 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

You're implying that they can't do quality and quantity at the same time which proves a point about their lack of competence.

No, it proves that we want quality and quantity within a specific thing (depth) not quality and quantity over multiple things which leaves great shallow content but nothing more. 

I’d rather all the budget go under one umbrella to make it the best it can be. 

The best Sims packs are specific packs. The worst are ones when they try to take on too many ideas 

3 minutes ago, Tiziano's Boy said:

We might get cars! :duca: :duca:, one of the features from the Get Famous EP is "Cruise in style though Del Sol Valley", so do we think Cars would be in the pack? :weeps:

Normally I would say “doubt it” but the fact that we need Terrain Tools to have Garage’s and SimGuruRomeo tried to make a Garage in the stream, it’s very possible. 

5 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

No, it proves that we want quality and quantity within a specific thing (depth) not quality and quantity over multiple things which leaves great shallow content but nothing more. 

I’d rather all the budget go under one umbrella to make it the best it can be. 

The best Sims packs are specific packs. The worst are ones when they try to take on too many ideas 

Having no depth in EP is what they're lacking to begin with. Why couldn't they give us a fully polished acting career and a fully immersive experience of a musicianship career in one EP? And lose all the useless **** if it's too much.

Having no depth in EP is what they're lacking to begin with. Why couldn't they give us a fully polished acting career and a fully immersive experience of a musicianship career in one EP? And lose all the useless **** if it's too much.

Because we'd get a watered down experience for both. 

If you get a budget for an EP, the more ideas you include, the less you can do with them. The Sims 4's main issue is "doing too many ideas" in one EP. 

That's why Game Packs have been SO GOOD. 

If you want a Musician pack, why wouldn't you want a whole EP budget dedicated to it? Why do you insist on them splitting budgets and then making less content for each idea. Seasons was great because they kept their focus narrow. 

Also, we don't even know the fame system works. They may allow you to choose what you're famous for (so like pick a Skill that you'd like to be famous for) and if you have City Living, you could be a famous singer, perform in Public to crowds. Or make a Lounge venue with a stage and have your Sim sing for money. etc. 

Just now, gloamingtheplain said:

Because we'd get a watered down experience for both. 

omfg sis please understand me. They don't NEED to water down the experience. Are they physically unable to deliver a pack with immersive experience of both singers and actors?

3 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

omfg sis please understand me. They don't NEED to water down the experience. Are they physically unable to deliver a pack with immersive experience of both singers and actors?

I understand. You're not understanding. 

Let's say a budget is $500k. They can either spend $500k on one theme or $250k on two themes. If they choose the later, it's automatically watered down from it's full potential. 

Could they make a pack for Actors and Musicians? Of course. Would it better than if they had a pack each? No. 

Actors and Musicians have 2 very different careers, and they aren't even related outside of "fame". If we were talking about Models/Fashion & Musicians, sure. 

But Film Stars and Musicians require very different content, therefore they cannot share resources outside of maybe Paparazzi, Fans etc. 
But actual gameplay? Nothing alike.