The Sims | We Love Cindy Again

The Unforgiving

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/status/1041417186483462144?s=19

The audacity to come for Red Dead Redemption's open world map when they weren't even able to make a functional one with The Sims 3 LMAO. 

He's so arrogant and annoying, ugh :rip:

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gloamingtheplain

• The Unforgiving

• WillieMonroe

• PoKiTaurus

26 minutes ago, teenagechrist said:

The audacity to come for Red Dead Redemption's open world map when they weren't even able to make a functional one with The Sims 3 LMAO. 

He doesn’t like The Sims 3 though. He threw Sims 3 under a bus as soon as they were publicly allowed to talk about Sims 4. 

He worked on the actual Sims themselves and the animations yet hated how they looked. I think he honestly hated how the game turned out but wasn’t high enough back then to call the shots. 

Most of the developers don’t speak highly of The Sims 3, and I do think they were worked to death. Even during The Sims 4’s base game they were exhausted. 

Once EA had the restructure in late 2015, they all seemed much happier.

I remember them hating themselves when Get Together was launching and then blocking people who said there wasn’t enough new stuff etc. 

and then suddenly they announced a delay in GT and they were all super happy even though people were sad :rip:

So many Guru’s quit when The Sims 3 was up :deadbanana: 

33 minutes ago, teenagechrist said:

Also he liked retweeted a tweet when The Sims 4 was still in pre-production that was like “the worlds are split up like the Sims 3 on console which was much better” and people went in on him which made him actually delete his old Twitter :rip: 

1 hour ago, teenagechrist said:

https😕/twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/status/1041417186483462144?s=19

The way he exposed his trash taste :eek: both for gaming and movies

1 hour ago, gloamingtheplain said:

He doesn’t like The Sims 3 though. He threw Sims 3 under a bus as soon as they were publicly allowed to talk about Sims 4. 

He worked on the actual Sims themselves and the animations yet hated how they looked. I think he honestly hated how the game turned out but wasn’t high enough back then to call the shots. 

Most of the developers don’t speak highly of The Sims 3, and I do think they were worked to death. Even during The Sims 4’s base game they were exhausted. 

Once EA had the restructure in late 2015, they all seemed much happier.

I remember them hating themselves when Get Together was launching and then blocking people who said there wasn’t enough new stuff etc. 

and then suddenly they announced a delay in GT and they were all super happy even though people were sad :rip:

So many Guru’s quit when The Sims 3 was up :deadbanana: 

Lmao I can feel the hate, he's so passive-agressive when talking about TS3 

And he's also a liar. 

53 minutes ago, Nutitle said:

The bad taste jumped out. 

2 hours ago, teenagechrist said:

not sloppy open world design when Sims 3 wouldn't function on a NASA super computer :deadbanana2: 

1 hour ago, teenagechrist said:

Lmao I can feel the hate, he's so passive-agressive when talking about TS3 

And he's also a liar. 

I think cos Maxis only worked on 1 EP or so a year, that’s all he remembers. 

I think he forgets that Salt Lake City and the other EA studio were making EPs too :rip:

Maxis worked on: 

World Adventures (2009)

Late Night (2010)

Generations (2011)

Pets (2011)

Seasons (2012)

Island Paradise (2013)

So apart from 2011, Maxis only made 1 EP a year. 

Salt Lake City worked on:

Showtime 

Supernatural 

University 

Into The Future 

and some random developer worked on Ambitions (within EA but not actually Maxis or The Sims Studio) 

I imagine since he didn’t respond that he just forgot multiple developers were working on TS3, not just the original team. 

Edited by gloamingtheplain

Not my favorite Sims 3 EP Ambitions being made by some random team. No wonder it was so much better than the other ones :eli:

Lmao so Grant isn't a hunty? Lemme ask him if he will stream Head Above Water by Avril. 

2 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

I think cos Maxis only worked on 1 EP or so a year, that’s all he remembers. 

I think he forgets that Salt Lake City and the other EA studio were making EPs too :rip:

Maxis worked on: 

World Adventures (2009)

Late Night (2010)

Generations (2011)

Pets (2011)

Seasons (2012)

Island Paradise (2013)

So apart from 2011, Maxis only made 1 EP a year. 

Salt Lake City worked on:

Showtime 

Supernatural 

University 

Into The Future 

and some random developer worked on Ambitions (within EA but not actually Maxis or The Sims Studio) 

I imagine since he didn’t respond that he just forgot multiple developers were working on TS3, not just the original team. 

Now that makes sense. Maxis OUTSOLD

giphy.webp

4 hours ago, Nutitle said:

let me spread pirate links for the sims 4 then!

OT: Guys, does Windows 10 run TS2 good? I'm tired of Sims 4 getting the full package (Late Night, University) so I'm gonna try Sims 2 for the first time. What should I expect?

On 9/13/2018 at 3:49 AM, PoKiTaurus said:

Based on stuff the devs talked about + hinted in some way:

- farming

- celebrities

- swimmable oceans 

- more life states

- disabilities

- new stair types 

- lounge chairs 

- university

- super heroes

- magic university 

- apocalypse

- My Second Pet (birds)

- cars 

- more NPCs

- a greek/italian coastel world

- the stuff packs that lost in the polls

Right here there's potential for 15 more packs. At this point the devs claim they are free to try out brand new ideas now that Seasons has been released, so the next few years will be interesting. 

Bitch they did not make my first tropical summer patch to not give me an island or a real Holiday pack with one tropical destination & one ski resort.

30 minutes ago, TinkerbellClap said:

"The Sims 2: IKEA Home Stuff" :bibliahh: tf

The objects in that pack are so gooooood. Ikea stuff had the best build/buy and H&M stuff had the best CAS. 

20 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Bitch they did not make my first tropical summer patch to not give me an island or a real Holiday pack with one tropical destination & one ski resort.

I really hope we get an actual vacation world. Camping and jungle exploring are really cool but to consider them as vacations is weird. 

My First Pet ha impact in making "My First _" a Sims 4 meme lmao

37 minutes ago, PoKiTaurus said:

The objects in that pack are so gooooood. Ikea stuff had the best build/buy and H&M stuff had the best CAS. 

I really hope we get an actual vacation world. Camping and jungle exploring are really cool but to consider them as vacations is weird. 

My First Pet ha impact in making "My First _" a Sims 4 meme lmao

The camping... I went there once and never step a foot there again. 

The Jungle is still cute but I wish there were a bit more lot to make more community lot and more people would appear there. 

5 hours ago, Nutitle said:

Okay we unstan. Let me go bully him on Twitter again

He probably thought Oasis Springs and Granite Falls were good worlds with beautiful designs too :bibliahh:

Should I tweet him this: "Bitch Rockstar showed every game developer how to do a proper open-world game with RDR2 and GTA V, sit your set-dressing ass down."?

Not people using reciepts from 2015 

unknown.png

The Gurus confirmed Sims 4 sold 10m copies as of this year, and 5m copies in 2016. 

Damn I don't even have anything to troll people with, they already trolled themselves with these ancient reciepts nkfsxgjyedv

4 hours ago, The Unforgiving said:

He probably thought Oasis Springs and Granite Falls were good worlds with beautiful designs too :bibliahh:

Should I tweet him this: "Bitch Rockstar showed every game developer how to do a proper open-world game with RDR2 and GTA V, sit your set-dressing ass down."?

Well he wouldn’t lie. Granite Falls and Oasis Springs are amazing.

They’re not Open World but they’re nice.

I don’t understand the deal on “set dressing” as with that logic, 98% of GTA V is set dressing also as only 2% of places are actually enterable on the whole map :rip: 

5 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Well he wouldn’t lie. Granite Falls and Oasis Springs are amazing.

They’re not Open World but they’re nice.

I don’t understand the deal on “set dressing” as with that logic, 98% of GTA V is set dressing also as only 2% of places are actually enterable on the whole map :rip: 

At least Los Santos is 3D and not some quick lil 2D drawing of a random landscape. He has every right to be jealous though. The world of RDR 2 is everything Granite Falls wishes it could be.

1 hour ago, The Unforgiving said:

At least Los Santos is 3D and not some quick lil 2D drawing of a random landscape. He has every right to be jealous though. The world of RDR 2 is everything Granite Falls wishes it could be.

Neither of these points makes sense at all. 

Neither Granite Falls is 2D nor is Los Santos anymore “3D”. 

Los Santos has 2D backdrops that turn 3D when you approach them.

You’re literally all wanting The Sims to be too many games at once. 

There isnt a single image of Granite Falls that’s looks ugly, and everyone was calling it amazing when it came out. 

Realistic Sims games will never be a thing, let it go. 

Edited by gloamingtheplain

There will be no patch this month. 

Here is what Kate wrote (twitter embedding won't work for me): 

“Hello SimFam! Just a quick update that we will not be releasing a patch/update this month as we are focused on some really fun free stuff for October (assuming no last minute issues arise) and a future release for this calendar year. Stay tuned...”

Edited by PoKiTaurus