The Sims | Re-release The Sims 2!

The Unforgiving

bestfiction

I've started adding default replacements for TS2 and I've noticed that some of them are from TS4 :bibliahh: the fact that the biggest advantage of TS4 could be so easily taken away and added to a superior game is just so funny to me

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gloamingtheplain

• The Unforgiving

• PoKiTaurus

• WillieMonroe

Rachel Berry
4 hours ago, bestfiction said:

I've started adding default replacements for TS2 and I've noticed that some of them are from TS4 :bibliahh: the fact that the biggest advantage of TS4 could be so easily taken away and added to a superior game is just so funny to me

I’ve been doing the same thing recently. I was like wait this looks familiar only to realize it’s from a TS4 pack :deadbanana4:

Walk_Away21
On 5/3/2021 at 8:29 AM, Tremor Christ said:

I modified the Graphic Rules file to have access to 16:9 screen resolution & to get rid of black square shadows (which means no sim shadows :sad:), what more can I do for better results?

Also the game is still lagging sometimes, :toofunny3:

This helps with a gene glitch and you can make it run your game at your computer resolution in borderless window which is super nice. No more minimizing possibly crashing the game. Also yeah the shadow fix mod should fix that.

https://modthesims.info/d/648220/sims2rpc-first-born-syndrome-fix-rich-presence-amp-borderless.html

Also this will send you down a rabbit hole, but you can pick out the key fixes you want. The neighborhood mods can make the world look pretty nice too.

Tremor Christ
On 5/6/2021 at 8:18 PM, bestfiction said:

17 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

This helps with a gene glitch and you can make it run your game at your computer resolution in borderless window which is super nice. No more minimizing possibly crashing the game. Also yeah the shadow fix mod should fix that.

https://modthesims.info/d/648220/sims2rpc-first-born-syndrome-fix-rich-presence-amp-borderless.html

Also this will send you down a rabbit hole, but you can pick out the key fixes you want. The neighborhood mods can make the world look pretty nice too.

Thanks guys. When I ran Hood Checker it showed me lots of relationship corruptions (even though I haven't played at all :toofunny2:) so I just reinstalled the game for a clean start. I downloaded from oldgamesdownload, I'm assuming it's not problematic.

I'll be downloading anti-corruptions mods + your suggestions first. I'm kinda surprised (& glad) that there is still demand for The Sims 2. I used to play like crazy when it came out. A true cultural reset.

:jonny2:

bestfiction
12 minutes ago, Tremor Christ said:

Thanks guys. When I ran Hood Checker it showed me lots of relationship corruptions (even though I haven't played at all :toofunny2:) so I just reinstalled the game for a clean start. I downloaded from oldgamesdownload, I'm assuming it's not problematic.

I'll be downloading anti-corruptions mods + your suggestions first. I'm kinda surprised (& glad) that there is still demand for The Sims 2. I used to play like crazy when it came out. A true cultural reset.

:jonny2:

The Maxis towns themselves have been shipped already corrupted, especially Strangetown. You can install the cleaned neighborhoods that are at least free from the initial corruption

https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

Pleasant Sims has a great selection of mods and custom content, I'm currently using the Default Database to gradually replace all the dated Maxis outfits. It takes time but I'm really loving the results so far

https://pleasantsims.com/sims-2-mods/

https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/

• #FreeBritney Activist
WillieMonroe

they way the sims team got dragged in that 411 thread :jonny5:

Jaxsin
On 5/2/2021 at 11:29 AM, bestfiction said:

I mean, this pop up from TS2 alone

I've had 2 whole families die randomly today in Sims 2. This is the  craziness I miss. : thesims

Imagine if TS4 was on the same level :jonny2:

this is just proof that everyone working on TS4 does not give a **** about making the game an enjoyable experience. they are just pumping out anything at this point

teenagechrist

This is a nightmare, they are never moving on from this mess :pukey:

Gesamtkunstwerk
2 hours ago, teenagechrist said:

How long is “long term? Well according to Catharina, the gaming industry talks about supporting successful games for 10 years, 15 years or longer.

Damn, I really thought they would end it within a year or two :deadbanana: The fact that TS4 might still be around from anything between 3 to 10 years is crazy.

It's such a money machine, so I understand why they would want to milk it as much as possible. They're not ending it as long as the game generate profit, so we can only wait for people getting bored and stop buying the DLC.

HabbGaga

but who is still playing this game for real.. i swear community activity has died down

Adam’s Eve
9 hours ago, teenagechrist said:

enough-gif.gif

Pheromosa

Sims 4 is way too lucrative to move on from. won't be another game for at least 5 years :hippo:

Gesamtkunstwerk

I know that Downtownies are considered safe, but I'm pretty sure one of them corrupted one of my households :deadbanana:

Married a guy I found through the matchmaker. Got married, moved him ind, had a kid and now, their toddler think of the mother while having hearts flying from the bubble, like she's a romantic interest, and wishes appears blank sometimes. I killed him off, not that it helps, my hood is probably already dying :cm:

I've experienced corruption two times and it was both times with maxis sims spawned by the match maker. The first time she spawned a bellhop, you couldn't ask him to leave, so he just stayed at your house, infinitely :skull: The game ended up crashing and deleting the whole hood.

I thought it was fine this time because he was a downtownie, but I think I'll just stay away from the match making service from now.

Adam’s Eve
2 hours ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

I know that Downtownies are considered safe, but I'm pretty sure one of them corrupted one of my households :deadbanana:

Married a guy I found through the matchmaker. Got married, moved him ind, had a kid and now, their toddler think of the mother while having hearts flying from the bubble, like she's a romantic interest, and wishes appears blank sometimes. I killed him off, not that it helps, my hood is probably already dying :cm:

I've experienced corruption two times and it was both times with maxis sims spawned by the match maker. The first time she spawned a bellhop, you couldn't ask him to leave, so he just stayed at your house, infinitely :skull: The game ended up crashing and deleting the whole hood.

I thought it was fine this time because he was a downtownie, but I think I'll just stay away from the match making service from now.

I swear the match maker is cursed! I always ban her from my lots with a mod and let my sims find a partner the old fashioned way.

Xalric

Y'all really thought they would move on from TS4 when they literally just started new programs and organisation to fix the game, still hiring support and developper for the sims 4.

its_britney_bitch
39 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Y'all really thought they would move on from TS4 when they literally just started new programs and organisation to fix the game, still hiring support and developper for the sims 4.

The game is unfixable :rip: I’ve given up on the Sims franchise for the time being

Posted (edited)

Ive just been playing Sims 2. Im late to this game

TS4 seems like a long dark age

Edited by Enoch
Gesamtkunstwerk
4 hours ago, R.E.M. said:

Where is Paralives :noparty:

It will be years before it comes out :chick3: We'll probably have the next The Sims game before Paralives tbh.

Hopefully they won't release around the same time as The Sims, regardless of the quality of The Sims 5, they're bound to be blown out of the water by EA.

KasioKas

ok wait the designer job looks kinda cute.. & my famous slutty sim can sleep with all the guys while the girlfriends aren't around and make them give her positive reviews! I also hope you get paid well for this type of job. Is this gonna pull me back into gameplay for the first time in forever..:psyduck:

HabbGaga

this game couldn't be going further in a direction that i do not want. so basically a career based around build/buy mode which we already have... and its a gamepack? a gamepack with a couple of professions would have been nice not just 1 job now lol pack it up please.. we want the sims 5

RihannaLoverrr

Playing Sims 3 and the simlish version of this absolute BOP came on the radio :jonny2:

Xalric
On 5/21/2021 at 4:36 PM, HabbGaga said:

this game couldn't be going further in a direction that i do not want. so basically a career based around build/buy mode which we already have... and its a gamepack? a gamepack with a couple of professions would have been nice not just 1 job now lol pack it up please.. we want the sims 5

It's literally one of the most voted career in a previous poll. And also the favorite career from Sims 3 Ambitions.

Sometimes I feel like the community is doing too much they ask for something and when they get it scream that it's not what they wanted.