The Sims | Re-release The Sims 2!

The Unforgiving

Also Cindy needs to look at how she plays, Juno Birch's Sims 2 / Sims 3 videos do amazingly well because of all the lore she's created within the game. Cindy plays with existing lore but doesn't add anything new to the play style. 

For her to make this her full time career already is slightly scary to be honest.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gloamingtheplain

• The Unforgiving

• PoKiTaurus

• WillieMonroe

gloamingtheplain
2 hours ago, ConceptD said:

Then why did it feel like I got something when I used to buy them? Numbers aren’t the full picture. It’s like how technically The Sims 4 base game shipped with more stuff than any of the others and yet it still felt so empty. 

Because you were a child. If you go back and single out the items that come with those packs, they are nothing to cry home about. 

If this says $19.99 to you then I don't know what to say: 

Not to mention they came with like a handful of CAS items and no new gameplay :skull: 

MTS_simsi45-1948729-Family_Fun_Stuff_Ite

EDIT: 

The fact The Sims 4 Free Christmas Pack has more items than a $20 Stuff Pack :skull: 

MTS_simsi45-1948730-Holiday_Items_Sheet.

vs 

47 items (not including CAS) for The Sims 4 :skull: 

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/store/mac-pc-download-addon-holiday-celebration-pack

Sorry pal, but it's 100% nostalgia and being a child. 

59 minutes ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

lmao The way you're always pressed at everyone loving TS2 and people criticizing TS4 sends me everytime I come to this thread. Each time a post drags The Sims 4, you either quote them with a text longer than the First Testament, or try to drag the other games for being so much worse, and you know better, because you're an actual game developer, and we're not, and your game studio has released multiple outstanding titles, like The Sims DJ for iPod and Ratatouille for mobile. I'm sure just because you worked for EA, you don't have to devote your entire existence to white knighting The Sims 4 at each chance you get. Bless your soul.

The Sims 2 is my favourite game, alongside it's expansions. I will take TS2 UC over TS4 any day, BUT: 

The Stuff Packs and The Sims 2 store were complete rip offs, and all I am doing is saying how they've gone from being overpriced shovelware to actually being worth a $9.99 price tag. 

This is coming from someone who hated that Stuff Packs returned to The Sims 4, until around Laundry Day where I started seeing the value in them. 

I was livid when Luxury Party was announced, and still wish I never bought it to this day. 

Edited by gloamingtheplain
gloamingtheplain
30 minutes ago, WERKER said:

Also Cindy needs to look at how she plays, Juno Birch's Sims 2 / Sims 3 videos do amazingly well because of all the lore she's created within the game. Cindy plays with existing lore but doesn't add anything new to the play style. 

For her to make this her full time career already is slightly scary to be honest.

She's actually her own worst enemy. She has no idea that she literally is stuck in 2004 and the only way she plays The Sims is if she plays with EA's characters :deadbanana2:

While her Sims 4 Legacy was enjoyable, her creativity to give backstories to new Sims was a complete 0 and she was talking about how none of the pre-mades seem interesting to her, and it's like the whole idea of Create-A-Sim being used to create her own Sims is lost on her :rip: 

Adam’s Eve
1 hour ago, HabbGaga said:

Every time she said flop I screamed :skull:

She’s so iconic and she doesn’t even realise

• #FreeBritney Activist
2 minutes ago, Adam’s Eve said:

She’s so iconic and she doesn’t even realise

The only YouTuber I can watch honestly. The rest are so cringe and fake. 

gloamingtheplain
9 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

The only YouTuber I can watch honestly. The rest are so cringe and fake. 

She's definitely fake though. She's in it for the cash, is upfront saying she's in it for the cash, and in her live streams is more honest about her opinions, than what she is on YouTube because she knows what will get her cash. 

If you watch her streams (like this one), she was actually quite positive towards the Sims 4 compared to The Sims 3, she said she doesn't care for 3 much and her perfect game would be to leave the Sims 4 as is, and just have gameplay from The Sims 2 brought over into 4 and she would be happy. 

And yet on YouTube, she acts like she hates every single aspect of The Sims 4 :deadbanana2:

@gloamingtheplain I think your opinion is skewed a lot of the time, sometimes I agree with you but your most recent post doesn't make much sense to me.

1 hour ago, gloamingtheplain said:

She's definitely fake though. She's in it for the cash, is upfront saying she's in it for the cash, and in her live streams is more honest about her opinions, than what she is on YouTube because she knows what will get her cash. 

I can't think of a single sims Youtuber that isn't fake in some way, at least she is upfront about being in it for the money. I don't think she just randomly started hating on TS4. Their is some truth in what she is saying, a lot of players feel the way she does. I'm sure she plays it up because those are her most popular videos but she clearly loves TS2 way more.

If you watch her streams (like this one), she was actually quite positive towards the Sims 4 compared to The Sims 3, she said she doesn't care for 3 much and her perfect game would be to leave the Sims 4 as is, and just have gameplay from The Sims 2 brought over into 4 and she would be happy. 

I think most people would agree with this. TS4 looks nice. Build and buy, CAS even the worlds look beautiful (although empty shells) its the gameplay that is lacking so she is completely right about keeping TS4 as is but changing the gameplay entirely to TS2. Gameplay sucks in TS4. If the gameplay was good, I could accept not having open worlds but because it does suck, its just another thing that sucks about the game.

My dream game would probably be TS4 look, build/buy, open worlds or at least open neighbourhoods and TS2 or TS3 gameplay or a combination of both. The only thing I like about TS4 gameplay is the multitasking.

And yet on YouTube, she acts like she hates every single aspect of The Sims 4 :deadbanana2:

And just to clarify I'm not a fan of hers, I'm not even subscribed, I lowkey hate watch her but I do think their is a lot of truths in the stuff she complains about - things being shallow in ts4 and such.

• #FreeBritney Activist
2 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Yes essentially saying what everyone has been for years. The sims 4 is a game. What is it without good gameplay? A pretty character creation tool and home designer. 

RihannaLoverrr
8 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

She's actually her own worst enemy. She has no idea that she literally is stuck in 2004 and the only way she plays The Sims is if she plays with EA's characters :deadbanana2:

While her Sims 4 Legacy was enjoyable, her creativity to give backstories to new Sims was a complete 0 and she was talking about how none of the pre-mades seem interesting to her, and it's like the whole idea of Create-A-Sim being used to create her own Sims is lost on her :rip: 

I think her Edgewood series is one of her best, and that’s a neighbourhood and characters she made up herself. She can do it, but she prefers the premades. I’m the same with TS2 and sometimes TS3 cause of the backstories, I think a lot of her viewers are the same so will enjoy it but like she says - do it on stream 

PoKiTaurus

Why is she not becoming a game changer? It's literally the "I want to make money from Sims videos" hot spot.

gloamingtheplain
9 hours ago, HabbGaga said:

@gloamingtheplain I think your opinion is skewed a lot of the time, sometimes I agree with you but your most recent post doesn't make much sense to me.

I can't think of a single sims Youtuber that isn't fake in some way, at least she is upfront about being in it for the money. I don't think she just randomly started hating on TS4. Their is some truth in what she is saying, a lot of players feel the way she does. I'm sure she plays it up because those are her most popular videos but she clearly loves TS2 way more.

I think most people would agree with this. TS4 looks nice. Build and buy, CAS even the worlds look beautiful (although empty shells) its the gameplay that is lacking so she is completely right about keeping TS4 as is but changing the gameplay entirely to TS2. Gameplay sucks in TS4. If the gameplay was good, I could accept not having open worlds but because it does suck, its just another thing that sucks about the game.

My dream game would probably be TS4 look, build/buy, open worlds or at least open neighbourhoods and TS2 or TS3 gameplay or a combination of both. The only thing I like about TS4 gameplay is the multitasking.

And just to clarify I'm not a fan of hers, I'm not even subscribed, I lowkey hate watch her but I do think their is a lot of truths in the stuff she complains about - things being shallow in ts4 and such.

Oh there’s no denying that Sims 2 is her fave, and I’m definitely not saying that she LOVES the Sims 4, but it’s just her attitude on YouTube towards the game is different than the streams. 

Watching her streams for example, she confessed she loved the Bowling stuff pack, and it was the first time she’d placed down the venue.

But on YouTube I have seen her hate on it previously, which means she hated on it before even giving it ago. 

Also saw her hate on Get Together calling it shallow, but on stream she said she loved it, and hated not having the club system in her other games and how good it is for gameplay. 

I would actually rather her be a hater all the time, but the fact she’s a hater for views and then switches when she streams is just so fake to me.

I kinda enjoyed her roastings of the Sims 4 at times because within the madness there was some truths, even if majority of it was overboard :deadbanana2:And it was entertaining. 

But now that I know her YouTube videos aren’t really an honest representation of how she actually feels, it’s sorta lost something. 

On 1/23/2021 at 5:31 AM, gloamingtheplain said:

So it works out that this is the biggest stuff pack of the franchise. There's 100+ items, an active career, new lot type, two NPCs and gameplay items. 

By comparison, The Sims 2 Stuff Packs were twice the price and had no gameplay (minus Holiday Party Pack), and apart from Kitchen & Bathroom, and Mansion and Garden stuff that had 100 items each, they were SUCH a rip off; 

Holiday Party Pack: 45 items, Santa NPC (this one was actually $29.99 until the re-release)

Family Fun Stuff: 42 items, two new radio stations

Glamour Life Stuff: 33 items :deadbanana4: No new features for $19.99 - the actual audacity

Celebration stuff: 54 items, No new features. 

H&M: 60 items, no new features apart from a retired online runway for a competition. 

Teen Style: 60 items, radio station. 

IKEA: 74 items 

Kitchen and Bathroom stuff - 103 items, new radio station. 

This one is the only one I think is actually worth $19.99: 

Mansion and Garden stuff - 99 items, new stair types, new build tools, renewable energy gameplay that included solar panels and wind turbines that reduce bills and can earn money, some new interactions between Sims, ceiling fans and radio station. 

And the Sims 3 stuff packs were 40 - 80 items each, no new gameplay. 

The division between Stuff Pack, Game Pack and Expansion Pack is completely lost at this point. They should just chose one name for these releases and go with it.

EA is rushing Sims 5, the numbers of articles, hints and leaked info coming this week. :deadbanana4:

I can see them going fast and release before Paralives.

allforyou
14 minutes ago, Xalric said:

EA is rushing Sims 5, the numbers of articles, hints and leaked info coming this week. :deadbanana4:

I don't see them releasing it this year though considering EA started working on it recently (I think)

1 minute ago, allforyou said:

I don't see them releasing it this year though considering EA started working on it recently (I think)

I do see them preparing for a rush release late 2022 early 2023. 

First they were prototyping the game earlier this week, now they're already creating cas. They are going at a turbo speed. 

At this point Sims 4 will never get fixed.

allforyou
5 minutes ago, Xalric said:

First they were prototyping the game earlier this week, now they're already creating cas. They are going at a turbo speed. 

Honestly I'm so tired of the Sims 4, it was released 6 years ago and they're still releasing content for it :rip: It was doomed from the start + that period from 2014 to 2016 where they barely did anything messed it up, at this point they should just let it go and focus on the Sims 5

RideOrDie
32 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Another rushed game. Great, just what we asked for! :shutup:

10 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Obviously. How many more patches and updates and packs is it gonna get? It's a lost cause. Let's hope they won't make the same mistakes for Sims 5 but it's EA so we are doomed.

GuyNextDoor
2 hours ago, Xalric said:

omg source? 

If they are going to rush this game too, well... :toofunny3:

GuyNextDoor
RihannaLoverrr
8 hours ago, Xalric said:

Do they ever learn

:skull: 

The Sims gurus tweeting about Garden Salad... Simmer Erin & Pixelade, OMG Resort and Hotels/Generations are coming... 

Erm they are both giving their wish into the sims community. They should stop with that.

Adam’s Eve
On 1/21/2021 at 6:11 PM, gloamingtheplain said:

Grant was pretty much the visionary for Sims 3, for Sims 4 he wasn’t involved as heavily in the design aspect. That came later. 

A lot of the ideas that The Sims 3 had were his. So if you like 3, you’d probably like what he would come up with for 5.

4 was passed around between different people and Grant sort of worked with how the game ended up. 

Grant was the one that suggested that Cars would be in the base game of 4, because he was assuming they wouldn’t ship the game without it. So he definitely wasn’t behind the design. 

Even the queen of Sims agrees with me about Grant. :alexz2: