Jump to content

The Sims | Cindy Fanbase


The Unforgiving

Recommended Posts

gloamingtheplain
3 minutes ago, May said:

Where can I find first screenshots from sims 4? I’m interested

 

the thing about Paralives is a lot of people actually wouldn’t mind it being just a building simulator, they should finish build mode and release the game to the public or at least to patrons, and then update it with live mode features once they’re finished w that aspect

This is one of the infamous ones from 2014, that showed the game’s water wasn’t transparent and was a flat texture and that house in the background showed the game didn’t load furniture inside inactive lots so you could see straight through them. They obviously fixed both of these issues before the final but the first batch of offical screenshots were a mess aha 
 

sims-4-eco-lifestyle-willow-creek-swimmi
 

What was really weird is Windows on active lots didn’t load transparent and instead were opaque textures. But on inactive lots they were see-through but the houses were empty. The inconsistencies really meant the game was far from ready for official screenshots aha. 
 

sims4_02.jpg

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • gloamingtheplain

    1208

  • The Unforgiving

    1023

  • PoKiTaurus

    816

  • WillieMonroe

    313

  • #FreeBritney Activist
ConceptD
4 hours ago, HabbGaga said:

hey those games are good and are intentionally styled after the comic books :dancehall3:

i think paralives will likely find its audience unless its completely terrible, but they wont be able to turn things out at the same rate as ea so unless it blows up and they get more people involved it'll just stay as a cute indie game.

Yeah I like those games and the style suits them, but I can’t imagine creating characters with it and playing a simulation game that’s cell shaded because it just looks cheap (which isn’t an insult, what Alex has managed to do with paralives already is quite amazing). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well let's not bash on the style of the games. 

 

I mean Valheim is one of "the ugliest" games released these past years, and they sold 8 millions copies (The game is SO GOOD tho).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
ConceptD
1 hour ago, Xalric said:

Well let's not bash on the style of the games. 

 

I mean Valheim is one of "the ugliest" games released these past years, and they sold 8 millions copies (The game is SO GOOD tho).

I think I came across as rude but I wasn’t bashing the art style. It’s a choice that a lot of people seem to really like, but I just know I wouldn’t be able to play it if it looks like that and that’s disappointing because I was excited for it. I think Sims 4 is the right amount of cartoony like gloamingthepain said, but from what we’ve seen of paralives it just looks very flat and rough to me which might be fixed later on who knows. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

I think I came across as rude but I wasn’t bashing the art style. It’s a choice that a lot of people seem to really like, but I just know I wouldn’t be able to play it if it looks like that and that’s disappointing because I was excited for it. I think Sims 4 is the right amount of cartoony like gloamingthepain said, but from what we’ve seen of paralives it just looks very flat and rough to me which might be fixed later on who knows. 

The key point in favour of paralives is that it's going to be on steam so we can expect an incredible mod community, even better than the sims. And we know how mods can completely change a game so don't lose hope just yet

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gesamtkunstwerk
11 hours ago, May said:

the thing about Paralives is a lot of people actually wouldn’t mind it being just a building simulator, they should finish build mode and release the game to the public or at least to patrons, and then update it with live mode features once they’re finished w that aspect

I feel like that would be a bad move. People's #1 complain about The Sims is gameplay, Paralives would be dumb if they don't launch with some good gameplay and only launch with a feature people actually like about The Sims. Also releasing half finished products probably won't amuse The Sims community lol

 

OT: Regarding the style of Paralives, I don't think it'll change much more than that tbh. The game is currently being made by 5 people, pulling off something less stylized probably isn't possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
WillieMonroe

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gesamtkunstwerk
26 minutes ago, WillieMonroe said:

 

Does it really matter ? You can download UC on almost all abandonware sites for free anyway. It's not like the game is unobtainable or hard to get in anyway.

 

But good for them listening to the community, I guess it's still sought after.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I want a physical complete collection of the sims 2 like what they with 1

 

But a man can dream

 

P0.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rep2000
On 6/14/2021 at 5:11 AM, gloamingtheplain said:

This is the thing though, Dream Home Decorator was a pack for builders. So the budget went to creating new build/buy tools. They also gave us two furniture sets for the entire house, and even a third style for the some furniture. The new gameplay went into new tools for builders. It definitely could not be accomplished in stuff pack. 
 

It’s just a Game Pack to players who play with Build Mode as it’s own “game” like lilsimsie. 

But even still, at $20 it’s a fricken steal compared to Sims2/3 $20 packs. 
 

The *only* downgrade packwise is EP’s that feel like they either hit the mark or don’t, but overall, value for money and Stuff Packs and Game Packs are a huge improvement and a massive upgrade over what came before (including the store compared to ‘Kits’) 

 

$5 Kits were equivalent to the $15 store sets. 

If so then why the "tools"/game play of this pack is just so bad?!! They barely even tested it on a sniff test and what we have is an even more broken building system (oh, no sims live in this lot? Let me "cancel" the gig and lower my job performance/reputation just because the game can't tell which lot can be "renovated", while the reaction after the renovation of sims seem to be based on a coin flipped. That's what I meant when I say "downgrade". They barely even have any QA doing their job on these packs anymore. $20 for a broken gameplay? EA must have thought we are sheeps to keep buying these junks.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gesamtkunstwerk
3 hours ago, Rep2000 said:

EA must have thought we are sheeps to keep buying these junks.

The problem is we are :skull: The game and the packs still sells well, so it can either be two things:

 

1) A lot of people who don't have an online presence, maybe young kids and just very casual players, buy the game/packs and are probably satisfied.

 

2) People who complain online still buy every packs because they "hope the game will become better" or they're "completionists".

 

EA is obviously lazy, anti-consumer and unethical in their ways, but we vote with our wallet, and people voted they'll buy anything. We dug our own grave :cm:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Walk_Away21
17 hours ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

Does it really matter ? You can download UC on almost all abandonware sites for free anyway. It's not like the game is unobtainable or hard to get in anyway.

 

But good for them listening to the community, I guess it's still sought after.

You overestimate how tech savvy the average person is. Especially a casual Sims player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
gloamingtheplain
20 hours ago, WillieMonroe said:

 

What does this video say? I’m not giving him views lmao

Link to post
Share on other sites
gloamingtheplain
16 hours ago, Rep2000 said:

oh, no sims live in this lot? Let me "cancel" the gig and lower my job performance/reputation just because the game can't tell which lot can be "renovated"

 

I have no idea what you’re talking about here lmao 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
WillieMonroe
46 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

What does this video say? I’m not giving him views lmao

EA customer service has told people that asked about Sims 2 to to be on the lookout because it will be added by the end of the year to origin 

Link to post
Share on other sites
gloamingtheplain
1 hour ago, WillieMonroe said:

EA customer service has told people that asked about Sims 2 to to be on the lookout because it will be added by the end of the year to origin 

Ugh this again :rip: they’ve been saying this for years ahaha EA customer reps make **** up so often :ahh: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Late to the Paralives subject, but yeah...it feels the same it was 2 years ago. The graphics are also not it IMO. Parafolks are too weird.

And tbh i believe they're going to have a big problem when creating animations for the characters. With the number of customizable things, they'll have to create animations for A LOT of situations (different heights, different depths, etc). Something much much more complex than The Sims.

And if it took them this much to get here, i can only imagine how long it'll take them to go through this.

Edited by Bchip
Link to post
Share on other sites

Paralives panders tok much on the quick and superficial “oohs “ and “ahhs”

 

Im looking forward to the list of excuses once the game doesnt measure up to “The sims killer” hype

Edited by Enoch
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

EA must have threatened her!

 

 

Nope most of Sims players does these type of videos at least once a year. But she's just extra. 

 

Last year or 2 years ago when she did it she was supposed to stop using CC. 

 

I don't know how simmers on youtube does it but they always ends up with one or two mods that make their games glitch or break their game. And always have cc that aren't being updated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gesamtkunstwerk
4 hours ago, Enoch said:

Paralives panders tok much on the quick and superficial “oohs “ and “ahhs”

 

Im looking forward to the list of excuses once the game doesnt measure up to “The sims killer” hype

I'm very excited to see and play the game in the future just because I think they're very passionate, have some great ideas and I hope they succseed, but this is 100% going to happen. It'll never replace The Sims for me, granted I mostly play 2 and 3, but all the TS4 players thinking they'll switch to this game once this releases, come on :rip:

 

The disappointment is inevitable. Anyway, I'll live for the meltdowns :lakitu:

Link to post
Share on other sites
mathekr
5 hours ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

I'm very excited to see and play the game in the future just because I think they're very passionate, have some great ideas and I hope they succseed, but this is 100% going to happen. It'll never replace The Sims for me, granted I mostly play 2 and 3, but all the TS4 players thinking they'll switch to this game once this releases, come on :rip:

 

The disappointment is inevitable. Anyway, I'll live for the meltdowns :lakitu:

This.

Also, by the time Paralives come out TS5 will most likely be out or close to. And after the TS4 base game fiasco and the obvious Paralives hype, I just don't see EA dropping the ball again. I'm sure whatever Paralives is showing off on their build mode (which is mostly where the hype comes from) will be on TS5.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gesamtkunstwerk
23 minutes ago, mathekr said:

This.

Also, by the time Paralives come out TS5 will most likely be out or close to. And after the TS4 base game fiasco and the obvious Paralives hype, I just don't see EA dropping the ball again. I'm sure whatever Paralives is showing off on their build mode (which is mostly where the hype comes from) will be on TS5.

Yeah, also builders are a huge market for The Sims, so surly it's one of the features they'll improve on in the next game. 

 

Although I have my suspicion that the next The Sims release isn't The Sims 5, it's some kind of online server/multiplayer The Sims game, and that's why they haven't outright said "Yes, The Sims 5 is in development", they just said "The next The Sims game", they just don't want the people to be screaming about how they don't want that, they want TS5 instead this early on. Educate me if they said otherwise, I just haven't seen it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
witness1.3

Has anyone played with this mod before? 

 

 

The Sims 2 is probably my favorite of the series but the lack of story progression and out of sync times on different lots has always stopped me from going back to it. This looks really promising though and it makes me want to play again!

Link to post
Share on other sites
gloamingtheplain

I swear so many people post footage of their game on Twitter/YouTube etc and it always looks like a slideshow it’s so laggy :rip:

 

 

It’s 2021 and people are still running this game on potato’s, could you imagine how many people couldn’t play if it was open neighborhood let alone open world ahahaha. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...