The Sims | Cindy Fanbase

The Unforgiving

3 hours ago, The Unforgiving said:

This ain't it...

We don't get to throw concerts, record music or do any of the singer stuff. 

At least I hope they pull another quick cash grab and release immediately after this one a singers game pack that blends in with this pack.

of course they will release a game pack called my first recordinf session just to reap all that money from this never learning fanbase

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gloamingtheplain

• The Unforgiving

• PoKiTaurus

• WillieMonroe

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

I mean, this is the community that begged for laundry and now wants a life stage between babies and toddlers..

:mazen:

A part from cas & BB, I'm most excited for the new world and fame system

Plus, your Sims can explore the park, nightclub, and other awesome venues. But if you think any and every Sim can get into these places, think again. Sims might not be on the list for some destinations. But there’s always a chance they can convince a bouncer to let them in.

sounds cool.

I know the release is a month away but it's gonna take forever! can't wait for that 50% discount, aint no way i'm spending $40 

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Danger said:

A part from cas & BB, I'm most excited for the new world and fame system

Plus, your Sims can explore the park, nightclub, and other awesome venues. But if you think any and every Sim can get into these places, think again. Sims might not be on the list for some destinations. But there’s always a chance they can convince a bouncer to let them in.

sounds cool.

I know the release is a month away but it's gonna take forever! can't wait for that 50% discount, aint no way i'm spending $40 

We probably won’t see a 50% discount until next year. Which I’m okay with, I guess. I still have to pick up the other expansions (especially CL, Seasons, and GT) first

4 minutes ago, Weed said:

We probably won’t see a 50% discount until next year. Which I’m okay with, I guess. I still have to pick up the other expansions (especially CL, Seasons, and GT) first

True! I use the website cdkeys, they sell all types of games for less. check it out! I pre-ordered Seasons for $25.79 on there

• ATRL Moderator
55 minutes ago, Danger said:

True! I use the website cdkeys, they sell all types of games for less. check it out! I pre-ordered Seasons for $25.79 on there

Doesn't look like they have any of the stuff I want for Mac at the moment, but I'll be on the lookout. Thanks :heart2:

gloamingtheplain
15 hours ago, Bordeaux said:

an expansion pack dedicated to ACTING? umm could they have come up with a more underwhelming pack? that doesn't come close to encompassing what being FAMOUS means. 

the same story all over again why am I hoping a good thing from this team

14 hours ago, The Unforgiving said:

But Late Night and Showtime titles were misleading!!!!!!!!11!!

Do you two suffer from reading comprehension? You’re literally reading info about the pack and coming to that conclusion? 

The Film Career is a new career in the pack, but the Fame system works with any career path. 

If you want to be a famous musician, artist, astronaut, secret agent, politician etc you can in this pack. 

You can be famous for ANY career past and future. 

This isnt just an Acting EP. The EP has a new acting Career. 

Hence, “Get Famous” is a perfect title because any Career path works with the Fame and Reputation system. 

Edited by gloamingtheplain
gloamingtheplain

Sorry but it gets incredibly frustrating when people complain about things, and what they’re complaining about isn’t even true :rip: 

It isn’t hard to read a pack description. 

Did you guys buy Sims 2 EPs just looking at the front covers? 

The_Sims_2_-_FreeTime_Coverart.png

omg a pottery and sports pack? FLOP what are they doing???” 

Edited by gloamingtheplain
  • #FreeBritney Activist
25 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Sorry but it gets incredibly frustrating when people complain about things, and what they’re complaining about isn’t even true :rip: 

It isn’t hard to read a pack description. 

Did you guys buy Sims 2 EPs just looking at the front covers? 

The_Sims_2_-_FreeTime_Coverart.png

omg a pottery and sports pack? FLOP what are they doing???” 

I used to but I really young then :eli:

gloamingtheplain
2 minutes ago, WillieMonroe said:

I used to but I really young then :eli:

I at least would ready the key points :eli: 

i I feel like some of the pictures on EPs were ingrained in my brain because of how often I would look but couldn’t afford them :rip: 

teenagechrist

It looks cool, I'm not crazy about it yet because I want to wait until I see some gameplay or they give us some information, because judging by the trailer it looks kinda... shallow? Idk, I need more details. 

About cars: 

I will never understand the priorities of this team. 4 years working on a LIFE SIMULATOR but they haven't thought about adding cars to it. 

1 hour ago, teenagechrist said:

It looks cool, I'm not crazy about it yet because I want to wait until I see some gameplay or they give us some information, because judging by the trailer it looks kinda... shallow? Idk, I need more details. 

About cars: 

I will never understand the priorities of this team. 4 years working on a LIFE SIMULATOR but they haven't thought about adding cars to it. 

I've never understood the obsession with cars for Sims 4. There's no open world so it would be just like the Sims 2. Additionally, the cars they already have in the background look ugly as **** so they would probably have to re-do all that. I'd rather they worked on other stuff like swimming in oceans, University, casual vacation destinations and more careers than that. :rip: See

What's this I'm hearing about creating our own sets?? Is this true?? Many of the sets definitely look like they were made in build/buy mode. That would be so fun if true! 

The Unforgiving
2 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Do you two suffer from reading comprehension? You’re literally reading info about the pack and coming to that conclusion? 

The Film Career is a new career in the pack, but the Fame system works with any career path. 

If you want to be a famous musician, artist, astronaut, secret agent, politician etc you can in this pack. 

You can be famous for ANY career past and future. 

This isnt just an Acting EP. The EP has a new acting Career. 

Hence, “Get Famous” is a perfect title because any Career path works with the Fame and Reputation system. 

The irony. How many times to I have to repeat myself in here, twitter and the forum? I want a PROPER singer PROFESSION. Making my sim an entertainer in the music branch while being famous ain't gonna cut it for me. I wanted concerts, recording studios, meet and greets, award shows, tours, bands, new instruments etc...

I can almost guarantee you that we will see that down the road in a game pack. They could have had all these features in this EP since we already have a singing skill and that musician career branch. Why charge players $40 when you can charge them $60 and get away with it?

We could have had a proper EP with both singers and actors, but noooooo, tragic looking K-POP aesthetics and tacky sofas are more important. 

I don't care if my sim can be a level 7 criminal and be megastar, I want to simulate the actual life of a famous celebrity (which includes SINGERS).

The Unforgiving
15 minutes ago, PoKiTaurus said:

What's this I'm hearing about creating our own sets?? Is this true?? Many of the sets definitely look like they were made in build/buy mode. That would be so fun if true! 

Omg, imagine creating a music video se- oh wait :noparty:

teenagechrist
53 minutes ago, Ryann said:

I've never understood the obsession with cars for Sims 4. There's no open world so it would be just like the Sims 2. Additionally, the cars they already have in the background look ugly as **** so they would probably have to re-do all that. I'd rather they worked on other stuff like swimming in oceans, University, casual vacation destinations and more careers than that. :rip: See

They add realism to the game and they are a must in a life simulator. Also, a part of me hopes that if we get cars back, carpools will return. I miss them, seeing my sim disappear everytime they go to work or school is pretty inmersion-breaking. 

gloamingtheplain
3 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

The irony. How many times to I have to repeat myself in here, twitter and the forum? I want a PROPER singer PROFESSION. Making my sim an entertainer in the music branch while being famous ain't gonna cut it for me. I wanted concerts, recording studios, meet and greets, award shows, tours, bands, new instruments etc...

I can almost guarantee you that we will see that down the road in a game pack. They could have had all these features in this EP since we already have a singing skill and that musician career branch. Why charge players $40 when you can charge them $60 and get away with it?

We could have had a proper EP with both singers and actors, but noooooo, tragic looking K-POP aesthetics and tacky sofas are more important. 

I don't care if my sim can be a level 7 criminal and be megastar, I want to simulate the actual life of a famous celebrity (which includes SINGERS).

I don’t care what you want. I’m correcting your incorrect statements about what the EP is for. 

It’s not an “Movie Star EP” like you’re claiming it to be, it’s a Fame Pack that uses Careers like OFB uses Venues.

It’s not $40 for Movie Stars only. 

Also, you keep saying the same things over and over and yet you would be THE FIRST to complain when a shoe-horned, half baked singing career made from the scraps of what’s left of the budget, was added into this EP INSTEAD OF a pack dedicated to Musicians. 

You’d be THE FIRST to complain if the Movie Career was half the size in order to support a second career Music career that would maybe be slightly better than Showtime. 

You literally keep asking EVERY PACK for them to add more stuff, and then yet are the FIRST TO COMPLAIN when it’s all half baked because they budget was spent adding variety over depth. 

If you don’t want Movie Stars don’t buy the EP and wait for a Musician EP. No ones making you buy both. 

But for those who do buy both, will get the best Sims Movie Star and Musician Packs that we’ve had so far. 

But you literally keep saying “it’s  

half baked” and then when we get solid packs you say “there’s not enough variety” 

A budget is a budget. We could pretend all day that an EP will have a base game budget, but it won’t. 

Your complaints arent realistic and you’ll always be unhappy. 

gloamingtheplain
6 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

Omg, imagine creating a music video se- oh wait :noparty:

Imagine if they added a Musician career and then ran out of budget to actually implement “sets” wow oh wow 

I don’t have to imagine because that’s literally what would happen 

on the plus side they can reuse this tech to have Music Video sets if they wanted, because wow oh wow they budgeted :rip: 

gloamingtheplain
7 minutes ago, teenagechrist said:

They add realism to the game and they are a must in a life simulator. Also, a part of me hopes that if we get cars back, carpools will return. I miss them, seeing my sim disappear everytime they go to work or school is pretty inmersion-breaking. 

Eh. They’ve always been one of those things where once you see your Sim drive off several times, you wouldn’t think of it any differently to when they walk off lot. 

I wouldn’t say no to cars but I wouldn’t be too hyped for them. 

I’d be quite happy for Sims to start walking to work an hour before they start their shift, and then just walking to the edge of the neighbourhood. 

The Unforgiving
1 minute ago, gloamingtheplain said:

I don’t care what you want. I’m correcting your incorrect statements about what the EP is for. 

It’s not an “Movie Star EP” like you’re claiming it to be, it’s a Fame Pack that uses Careers like OFB uses Venues.

Also, you keep saying the same things over and over and yet you would be THE FIRST to complain when a shoe-horned, half baked singing career made from the scraps of what’s left of the budget, was added into this EP INSTEAD OF a pack dedicated to Musicians. 

You’d be THE FIRST to complain if the Movie Career was half the size in order to support a second career Music career that would maybe be slightly better than Showtime. 

You literally keep asking EVERY PACK for them to add more stuff, and then yet are the FIRST TO COMPLAIN when it’s all half baked because they budget was spent adding variety over depth. 

If you don’t want Movie Stars don’t buy the EP and wait for a Musician EP. No ones making you buy both. 

But for those who do buy both, will get the best Sims Movie Star and Musician Packs that we’ve had so far. 

half baked” and then when we get solid packs you say “there’s not enough variety” 

A budget is a budget. We could pretend all day that an EP will have a base game budget, but it won’t. 

There is no such a thing as "incorrect statement" in opinions. Saying that EA are lazy and fraudulent is a statement (a correct one too btw), but saying that they should've added singers to the pack is an opinion.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to kiss EA's ass every time they **** out a pack. I have self respect. This EP looks AWFUL and lackluster. :dies: 

The Unforgiving
5 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Imagine if they added a Musician career and then ran out of budget to actually implement “sets” wow oh wow 

I don’t have to imagine because that’s literally what would happen 

on the plus side they can reuse this tech to have Music Video sets if they wanted, because wow oh wow they budgeted :rip: 

The build-a-set feature seems like a minor feature and I doubt that it required them too much effort or size.

55 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

clock ha :clap3: 

2 hours ago, Ryann said:

I think I just want cars so having a driveway makes sense. And like if previous games had something I don't see why this version wouldn't have it.. It's a joke at this point.

That Grant guy seems extremely egotistic and it's off putting.

Like I hate to be negative all the time, but The Sims 4 just hasn't made the cut it's the simple. Time and time again it has fell extremely short and this is no exception. I miss be overloaded with content to the point where you didn't even know half the stuff, and then something strange would happen and you'd be like omg I didn't know the game did that. The Sims 4 rarely has a moment like that. It running thin.

I mean I still can't get over how we don't have dog kennels for dogs? and yet they dedicated all their budget on just 2 animals and they still couldn't even make that extremely detailed. I don't blame The Sims team whatsoever, I mean why would they keep EA's budget to themselves, it makes no sense, the right people to blame is EA for not giving the gurus enough budget. Not much they can do. I mean the fact that they even just outright say we didn't have the resources to do something is quite sad.