The Sims | Cindy Fanbase

The Unforgiving

• #FreeBritney Activist

I just wish there was more space its so small and being a city shouldve been the biggest world yet. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gloamingtheplain

• The Unforgiving

• PoKiTaurus

• WillieMonroe

Sims 2's graphics look like absolute crap and I can't deal with having to get mods to make it look acceptable in 2018. Sims 3 is utter trash now, it literally crashes 30 minutes into the game. Back to Sims 4 I go.

The Sims 4 devs are somewhere laughing. I played myself.

hjzuvamazi9l.gif

PrismaticFluff
8 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

I just wish there was more space its so small and being a city shouldve been the biggest world yet. 

yeah im pretty sure a lot of simmers hate how small the worlds are, i personally love it and i understand what they’re trying to achieve with them 

san myshuno is very small tho, only like 5 lots, 2 penthouses + loads of apartments, it definitely has a console feel, like the urbz

• #FreeBritney Activist
18 minutes ago, PrismaticFluff said:

yeah im pretty sure a lot of simmers hate how small the worlds are, i personally love it and i understand what they’re trying to achieve with them 

san myshuno is very small tho, only like 5 lots, 2 penthouses + loads of apartments, it definitely has a console feel, like the urbz

I’m okay with the sizes of the other worlds because there’s still enough space to whatever you need but the space in san myshono is a problem for me because I love the feel of the world so much. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
25 minutes ago, TinkerbellClap said:

Sims 2's graphics look like absolute crap and I can't deal with having to get mods to make it look acceptable in 2018. Sims 3 is utter trash now, it literally crashes 30 minutes into the game. Back to Sims 4 I go.

The Sims 4 devs are somewhere laughing. I played myself.

hjzuvamazi9l.gif

Even without the crashing which I personally haven’t experienced it’s just so ugly. Everything looks like it was designed with an iPhone running ios 6 in mind. 

10 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

Even without the crashing which I personally haven’t experienced it’s just so ugly. Everything looks like it was designed with an iPhone running ios 6 in mind. 

I've only started experiencing crashes when I bought a new laptop. It's crazy how bad Sims 3 is now, did they not think to the future when they used the Sims 2 engine? 

The Unforgiving
47 minutes ago, PrismaticFluff said:

well im glad we agree on something 

That's probably the only thing we agree on

PrismaticFluff

gloamingtheplain
9 hours ago, The Unforgiving said:

San Myshuno was awful. Remember everything I said about set dressing?

Half of Bridgeport is set dressing also. 

Most of the major buildings are Rabbit Holes, the Subway is set dressing, the Food Carts doesn’t even have a Sim inside them.

Bridgeport also has fake City Buildings in the background. 

San Myshuno just does a better job of making backdrops to feel like a real city, like GTA does. The ones in Bridgeport look clearly fake. 

And every skyscraper is mostly set dressing anyway, literally just a Sim lot floating in the sky, there’s no actual Apartment system like in 2/4. 

Apartments are useless when you’re the only Sim living in it. What’s the point? 

Thank god University added actual apartments. But again, another EP to make Late Night work properly. 

gloamingtheplain
9 hours ago, ConceptD said:

Technically, in terms of how many Sims can live there, it is. 

But yeah, the actual walking space was clearly designed around the festivals and not much else. 

Uptown is still amazing though, ugh. 

gloamingtheplain
8 hours ago, ConceptD said:

8 hours ago, TinkerbellClap said:

I've only started experiencing crashes when I bought a new laptop. It's crazy how bad Sims 3 is now, did they not think to the future when they used the Sims 2 engine? 

Sims 3 looks crap now because it was literally a reskinned Sims 2 :rip: So everything looks slightly better but underneath, the engine is still Sims 2. 

Things like The Sims 3 water came from Castaway Stories etc. 

The Sims 2 Castaway (console) trailer was even built using a version of The Sims 2 that was in the process of being turned into The Sims 3. 

gloamingtheplain
1 hour ago, PoKiTaurus said:

Over a year later and this is STILL one of the best video game trailers I have ever seen.

Jungle Adventure >>>

• #FreeBritney Activist
Tiziano's Boy
On 9/29/2018 at 12:38 AM, Weed said:

You have the Extreme Violence mod?

Yes and it is so fun to use :dies:

The Unforgiving
8 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Half of Bridgeport is set dressing also. 

Most of the major buildings are Rabbit Holes, the Subway is set dressing, the Food Carts doesn’t even have a Sim inside them.

Bridgeport also has fake City Buildings in the background. 

San Myshuno just does a better job of making backdrops to feel like a real city, like GTA does. The ones in Bridgeport look clearly fake. 

And every skyscraper is mostly set dressing anyway, literally just a Sim lot floating in the sky, there’s no actual Apartment system like in 2/4. 

Apartments are useless when you’re the only Sim living in it. What’s the point? 

Thank god University added actual apartments. But again, another EP to make Late Night work properly. 

The buildings are shells, only rabbit holes are rabbit holes which aren't exclusive to that pack. At least you can roam around it.

Abd Bridgeport is aesthetically superior. The whole modern metropolis look of San Myshuno is ugly.

gloamingtheplain
25 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

The buildings are shells, only rabbit holes are rabbit holes which aren't exclusive to that pack. At least you can roam around it.

Abd Bridgeport is aesthetically superior. The whole modern metropolis look of San Myshuno is ugly.

The buildings in Bridgeport are also shells, as well as the Rabbit Holes being shells. 

Bridgeport looks better than San Myshuno? what kinda lie. 

bridgeport-caw-files.jpg

b47cff3903c74abefa42e1628dfe7e75cbbd336a

Straight outta 2005. 

You can keep ha. Bridgeport only looks good at Night when it’s just lighting and you can’t actually see the City :rip: 

During the day it looks horrible and looks like something SimCity 4 would be ashamed of. 

ts4_ep3_preview_metro.jpg

artsquarter-1.jpg?resize=1024,576

At least San Myshuno looks aesthetically pleasing. 

And who cares if your Sim can’t access parts of the city shown? All you can do in Bridgeport that you can do in San Myshuno is walk on grass or roads. Woo, so much gameplay for a world :rip:

Roaring Heights is proof that EA could do a decent City World if they wanted to, they just didn’t. 

Screenshot-157.jpg?zoom=3&resize=1280,64

Edited by gloamingtheplain
The Unforgiving
1 minute ago, gloamingtheplain said:

The buildings in Bridgeport are also shells, as well as the Rabbit Holes being shells. 

Bridgeport looks better than San Myshuno? what kinda lie. 

bridgeport-caw-files.jpg

b47cff3903c74abefa42e1628dfe7e75cbbd336a

Straight outta 2005. 

You can keep ha. Bridgeport only looks good at Night when it’s just lighting and you can’t actually see the City :rip: 

During the day it looks horrible and looks like something SimCity 4 would be ashamed of. 

ts4_ep3_preview_metro.jpg

artsquarter-1.jpg?resize=1024,576

At least San Myshuno looks aesthetically pleasing. 

And who cares if your Sim can’t access parts of the city shown? All you can do in Bridgeport that you can do in San Myshuno is walk on grass or roads. Woo, so much gameplay for a world :rip:

Roaring Heights is proof that EA could do a decent City World if they wanted to, they just didn’t. 

Screenshot-157.jpg?zoom=3&resize=1280,64

Sims 3 was dated on arrival, this isn't news. At least back then they made an effort to work with what they got and did something creative.

gloamingtheplain
12 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

Sims 3 was dated on arrival, this isn't news. At least back then they made an effort to work with what they got and did something creative.

If it was something creative it would at least look better than The Urbz from 2004.

001246s02.jpg

Anyway, Bridgeport is simply gross and even though Sims 4 is stuck in 2014 it at least looks decent. 

The Sims 3 didn’t look good even the year it came out. 

It was basically the Sims 2 without the 2D backdrops. 

The Unforgiving
Just now, gloamingtheplain said:

If it was something creative it would at least look better than The Urbz from 2004.

001246s02.jpg

Anyway, Bridgeport is simply gross and even though Sims 4 is stuck in 2014 it at least looks decent. 

The Sims 3 didn’t look good even the year it came out. 

The Wii version of The Sims 3 looked better :rip: 

Again, you're using S3 stats as if I stanned it. Bridgeport is just better than the squared mess that is San Myshuno.

It doesn't even snow there :skull:

You know why? Because EA is too lazy to rework that world.

PrismaticFluff

even though bridgeport looks rough, i find it to be the hottest world in theory, like the feel and mood that they were going for is amazing imo

gloamingtheplain
8 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

Again, you're using S3 stats as if I stanned it. Bridgeport is just better than the squared mess that is San Myshuno.

It does Snow there? 

PrismaticFluff
2 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

it snows in san myshuno :skull: 

The Unforgiving
1 minute ago, gloamingtheplain said:

It does Snow there? 

1 minute ago, PrismaticFluff said:

it snows in san myshuno :skull: 

It only snow when you're outside but the world itself doesn't look like it's covered in snow.