• gloamingtheplain

• The Unforgiving

• PoKiTaurus

• WillieMonroe

gloamingtheplain
3 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

There will be no patch this month. 

Here is what Kate wrote (twitter embedding won't work for me): 

“Hello SimFam! Just a quick update that we will not be releasing a patch/update this month as we are focused on some really fun free stuff for October (assuming no last minute issues arise) and a future release for this calendar year. Stay tuned...”

First an empty quarter, now a month with no patch. If they didn't tell us Sims 4 has 3 more years, I would legit think this game is dead. This is not how a game that's just halfway through it's lifetime should be/feel. 

You’re being a little dramatic.

We got a full expansion 3 months ago, a free Stuff Pack (minus the gameplay object) in August, and getting more free content in October. 

I dont see how skipping a patch for September is the end of it all. 

You’re forgetting that we only EVER get 1 SP in Q3 every year. 2 major free content patches is actually a step up from 2016 and 2017 where all we got was an announcement for next quarter and Backyard stuff in 2016 and Toddler Stuff in 2017. 

29 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

You’re being a little dramatic.

We got a full expansion 3 months ago, a free Stuff Pack (minus the gameplay object) in August, and getting more free content in October. 

I dont see how skipping a patch for September is the end of it all. 

You’re forgetting that we only EVER get 1 SP in Q3 every year. 2 major free content patches is actually a step up from 2016 and 2017 where all we got was an announcement for next quarter and Backyard stuff in 2016 and Toddler Stuff in 2017. 

I'm just sad because that means no bug fixes until October :'(

Looking back I did sound really pressed with that comment. I'll edit it. 

Seasons is still really fresh to me alongside Cats & Dogs tbh. 

I just think an empty quarter + no monthly patch was a bit of an annoying combo. I just hate hearing "no" from the developers lol. 

Also, are stuff packs dead at this point?

gloamingtheplain
1 minute ago, PoKiTaurus said:

I'm just sad because that means no bug fixes until October :'(

Looking back I did sound really pressed with that comment. I'll edit it. 

Seasons is still really fresh to me alongside Cats & Dogs tbh. 

I just think an empty quarter + no monthly patch was a bit of an annoying combo. I just hate hearing "no" from the developers lol. 

Also, are stuff packs dead at this point?

No idea. I feel like maybe they’re resting them a bit but not retiring? They may reduce the amount to help focus on other packs? 

Graham isn’t working on them anymore, it wouldn’t surprise me if they’re trying to get Stuff Packs produced by another team, like The Sims 3 Store was. 

Graham deserves more than Stuff Packs. 

The Unforgiving
22 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Neither of these points makes sense at all. 

Neither Granite Falls is 2D nor is Los Santos anymore “3D”. 

Los Santos has 2D backdrops that turn 3D when you approach them.

You’re literally all wanting The Sims to be too many games at once. 

There isnt a single image of Granite Falls that’s looks ugly, and everyone was calling it amazing when it came out. 

Realistic Sims games will never be a thing, let it go. 

Girl please, 4's scenery is a few 3D cube blocks that look like houses and the rest is 2D

u8xnHxd.png

TUZzFAd.png 

There's no way you can justify this. It's completely lazy and uninspired. It takes away from the game's charm. 

At least Los Santos's open world is fully immersive. It looks real because it feels real, meanwhile the worlds in 4 don't feel genuine because you know they're just props. They don't to make every little thing in the world functional but more details wouldn't hurt.

gloamingtheplain
8 hours ago, The Unforgiving said:

Girl please, 4's scenery is a few 3D cube blocks that look like houses and the rest is 2D

u8xnHxd.png

TUZzFAd.png 

There's no way you can justify this. It's completely lazy and uninspired. It takes away from the game's charm. 

At least Los Santos's open world is fully immersive. It looks real because it feels real, meanwhile the worlds in 4 don't feel genuine because you know they're just props. They don't to make every little thing in the world functional but more details wouldn't hurt.

It’s not lazy at all. You’re literally zooming over to the parts of the map you can’t see from normal playing. 

You can literally free move the camera in GTA V too and everything is in 2D. 

GTA literally loads from a 3rd person camera angle which is why it’s loaded. When you zoom out in GTA V, everything is 2D. 

If the Sims 4 was 3rd person, you wouldn’t see any 2D sprites. 

The Unforgiving
2 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

It’s not lazy at all. You’re literally zooming over to the parts of the map you can’t see from normal playing. 

You can literally free move the camera in GTA V too and everything is in 2D. 

GTA literally loads from a 3rd person camera angle which is why it’s loaded. When you zoom out in GTA V, everything is 2D. 

If the Sims 4 was 3rd person, you wouldn’t see any 2D sprites. 

That does not make any sense.

• #FreeBritney Activist

Does anybody know any good places to download good  lots from that isn’t the gallery? I can’t seem to find what I want there and it’s a buggy mess. 

Just now, ConceptD said:

Does anybody know any good places to download good  lots from that isn’t the gallery? I can’t seem to find what I want there and it’s a buggy mess. 

"Mod The Sims" has a lot of great lots and CC :flower:

--

So Maxis Monthly is coming October 2. This better be goid or the community will obliterate Kate

• #FreeBritney Activist
5 minutes ago, PoKiTaurus said:

"Mod The Sims" has a lot of great lots and CC :flower:

--

So Maxis Monthly is coming October 2. This better be goid or the community will obliterate Kate

Thank you ❤️

Whats maxis monthly? Lol. It sounds like a newsletter.  

11 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

Thank you ❤️

Whats maxis monthly? Lol. It sounds like a newsletter.  

A 30 minute live stream where they will apparently talk about upcoming content. lt's gonna be the first one so it will be interesting to see how it goes

gloamingtheplain
19 minutes ago, Scene. said:

d; I'm expecting the 'free content' to be some generic men's hairstyle and a couple new wallpapers.

Well the few Free Content packs have been mini stuff packs. 

The Unforgiving
1 hour ago, gloamingtheplain said:

It does if you understand gaming. 

Are you shading me? :biblio: 

I am a multi-platform gamer (currently about to expand to Nintendo too).

gloamingtheplain
9 hours ago, The Unforgiving said:

Are you shading me? :biblio: 

I am a multi-platform gamer (currently about to expand to Nintendo too).

No. From a dev point of view. 

All games have 2D backdrops like you see in the Sims 4 (or appear really rough). 

The idea is that you never see them but in games like the Sims because of the free roam camera, it’s hard to hide them. 

But the photos you posted of Sims 4 is literally how GTA V would look if you could move the camera freely in game via a hack.

It’s hard to explain without going into huge detail which I ceebs on my phone. 

Didnt mean to offend you though :hug:

If you go into free mode camera in Sims 3, you’ll find the mountains and trees are all 2D as well.

But Sims 3 kept its backdrops to mountains and trees only. And it’s one of the reasons the game has aged terribly. 

But also, you’ll notice in Sims 3 if you move around town quick enough, all the houses aren’t 3D, and are literally 2D boxes and the objects are all 2D. 

It’s all because of the same thing. The Sims 4 loads the entire area to avoid the 2D houses and sprites popping in and out etc like in Sims 3, but to do that, means they have to sacrifice something else, which they did via backdrops being permanently 2D and very low detail. 

But using the normal camera system, they usually cut off the camera area before you can see any of that unless you enter TAB mode. 

gloamingtheplain

@The Unforgiving this is what GTA V looks like if you were to “freely move” the camera away from where your character is standing 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlrcwZ1ohRYVd452woSZt

Because GTA is 3rd person, you’ll only ever see what your character sees (same with 1st person) so the game only needs to load small chunks at once and the rest is a 2D paper.

The Sims is one of the only games that uses a free camera system, in worlds as detailed as what we have. 

It’s impossible for a game to fully load worlds like we have in Sims 4, and have every sprite etc be 3D, or have perfect looking backdrops all the way out. 

As long as the game looks good from where you’re supposed to see the game, it’s fine.

It’s impossible for every part of the game to be perfect, the TAB mode in Sims 4 is literally a developer tool to see parts of the game you’re not supposed to, but the devs left it in. 

The Unforgiving
5 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

@The Unforgiving this is what GTA V looks like if you were to “freely move” the camera away from where your character is standing 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlrcwZ1ohRYVd452woSZt

Because GTA is 3rd person, you’ll only ever see what your character sees (same with 1st person) so the game only needs to load small chunks at once and the rest is a 2D paper.

The Sims is one of the only games that uses a free camera system, in worlds as detailed as what we have. 

It’s impossible for a game to fully load worlds like we have in Sims 4, and have every sprite etc be 3D, or have perfect looking backdrops all the way out. 

As long as the game looks good from where you’re supposed to see the game, it’s fine.

It’s impossible for every part of the game to be perfect, the TAB mode in Sims 4 is literally a developer tool to see parts of the game you’re not supposed to, but the devs left it in. 

Still looks better than 4's cardboard cutout worlds.

The tab camera view is essentially a camera hack built into the game. Every game starts to lose it's charm when you use a camera hack and you discover half the assets are flat cutouts. 

It's a waste of time to make everything 3d tbh. Useless use of polygons.

• #FreeBritney Activist

Why does it even matter if the backgrounds are flat. You can’t even play in tab mode. I really like tab for screenshots but like obviously if you go far enough it’s gonna start to be a little rough around the edges. Hence why people can run it on their 2007 windows xp machines. 

The Unforgiving
12 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

The tab camera view is essentially a camera hack built into the game. Every game starts to lose it's charm when you use a camera hack and you discover half the assets are flat cutouts. 

It's a waste of time to make everything 3d tbh. Useless use of polygons.

The bat from Vampires like 3 polygons... :skull: 

I’m getting restless. I want an education type pack ASAP - that includes after school activities and hobbies also prom and graduation, superstar/fame type of thing, tropical beach world - where sims can vacation but also live.

i want little basic things like bunk beds, body hair, sims introducing lovers to their parents, being able to jog together, honeymoons, slowdancing, sleepover for kids

idgaf about cars- where will they drive to? Down the street? 😑

Trying out a new style for a house. I really like it tbh. It's like those houses in front of the beach in Los Angeles. 

If I add 2 more floors (5th floors can be made using a dormer trick apparently), I could raise a family of 4-5 sims in this 1x1 lot lmao. 

92VwYfM.jpg

Small lots are so cozy + barely any lag. Lots larger than 3x3 are too much for my laptop.