Billboard Charts (June 25 - July 1, 2017)

iHype.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Loco said:

Everyone is forgetting that Taylor already failed to go #1 with a collaboration with one of the biggest pop boys of the moment, with a soundtrack of one of the highest grossing movies of the first quarter of the year, even when the song got popular appeal and was amazing.

alot of words in a short statement but I don't get why people compare soundtracks or features to the buildup of releasing a new single.

The anticipating and layout is a bit different.

ixz8qep7pgsx7i2uf7.gif

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• simmnfierzig

• One Nation

• brianc33710

12 hours ago, Miley Ray Cyrus said:

Why Mariah Carey stans always show up on every christmas thread and a 10th+ week #1 contender threads

Miley stans can't relate huh? :fan:

25 minutes ago, Mr. Loco said:

Everyone is forgetting that Taylor already failed to go #1 with a collaboration with one of the biggest pop boys of the moment, with a soundtrack of one of the highest grossing movies of the first quarter of the year, even when the song got popular appeal and was amazing.

Lol :dies: Her soundtracks have never done that well and the song is not amazing.

I was surprised the song was as big of a hit as it was.

20 minutes ago, umich said:

Shape of You was huge at the time. It would have gone number one near the end of SOY's reign.

This 

20 minutes ago, slw84 said:

alot of words in a short statement but I don't get why people compare soundtracks or features to the buildup of releasing a new single.

The anticipating and layout is a bit different.

ixz8qep7pgsx7i2uf7.gif

+ this, too.

QueenofCopyPaste
26 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

29 in my estimates

Still not a steep decline :eek: Thanks

50 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

I just said the lead will go #1. Didn't say it will debut at #1, although debut week is of course the by far best chance to go #1. 

Well yeah we were strictly discussing if she'd halt Despacito. Not if she'll go #1 at all. That's pretty obvious unless some other monster comes along before she can build/hold to that point.

1 hour ago, Letters From Adi said:

Hope Loyalty goes Top 10

Easily. Then Love. will come as second lead #1 for Kenny. Excellent era, album and rollout thus far. Tour coming up.

Edited by Rico Shameless v2

22 minutes ago, samseacrest said:

Miley stans can't relate huh? :fan:

:deadbanana3:

I had to catch my breath...in any event why can't someone come out with a smash and end this.

With streaming mariah and boyz II men's record is bound to be broken but why not a quality song take the crown

N4Q1EDs.gif

QueenofCopyPaste

Despacito will be topping airplay next week as expected (for 9th week at #1 on the Hot 100)

39 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

oh, so today was a fairytale was a surprise non-#1 to you then too? hmm.

One of her best songs and deserved the #1 debut btw:gaycat3:

13 minutes ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

Well yeah we were strictly discussing if she'd halt Despacito. Not if she'll go #1 at all. That's pretty obvious unless some other monster comes along before she can build/hold to that point.

Well let's say she releases soon (which I don't see happening at all) and debuts #2 behind Despacitos 11th week at #1 and tops it 3 weeks later or something.... 

11 minutes ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

Easily. Then Love. will come as second lead #1 for Kenny

well demi told me there's nothing wrong with being, wrong with being confident i guess

Hello did 1M first week and sales were dead then

Taylor can easily do 300k...her fans have already shown time and time again that they will go hard for her during the first week and will buy regardless

Yall forgetting that even her promo singles be doing just as much as some ppls first week sales

QueenofCopyPaste

August 11/18 is the perfect time for the Taylor single imo

or August 25 with a VMA debut performance on the 28th.

4 hours ago, DELE2125 said:

If Ed could only sell 243k 6 months ago, and digital sales have only fallen down, I don't see her doing much more than that... Maybe around the same as Ed, so not "a lot more" :toofunny2: Are you expecting a 300k+ opening, cause, sweety..........

and people said Adele won't sell 1m album and won't break Flo Rida single record. and she sold 3,38m albums and doubled Flo Rida record.

for some reaseon normal logic doesn't work for those called Adele and Taylor Swift.

How much did SIO debut with? Cause it doesn't seem like her fan base got any smaller tbh 

2 minutes ago, Émotif Fool said:

How much did SIO debut with? Cause it doesn't seem like her fan base got any smaller tbh 

1 minute ago, simmnfierzig said:

I'll say 300k+ if the song is bad or not radio friendly. Yikes though cause that number will not be topped in this climate (then again, Adele did it so idk) 

1 hour ago, J-boy said:

August 11/18 is the perfect time for the Taylor single imo

or August 25 with a VMA debut performance on the 28th.

She has to appear in court during the first half of August, the trial is already scheduled. So probably end of August, beginning of September.

QueenofCopyPaste
3 minutes ago, Agenor said:

She has to appear in court during the first half of August, the trial is already scheduled. So probably end of August, beginning of September.

She could still release music :-*

Just now, J-boy said:

She could, but I doubt she will release it without promo appearances. :michael:

OT: Does anyone know if the BB200 top 10 will be released tonight? Or they are postponing it because of ID holiday?

19 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

for some reaseon normal logic doesn't work for those called Adele and Taylor Swift.

You know it!!

My f***ing favs!!:alexz::alexz:

5 minutes ago, Agenor said:

She could, but I doubt she will release it without promo appearances. :michael:

8 minutes ago, J-boy said:

I think she may release music to get coverage on media about music and not about trial.

Or both - media will be writing about trial and they will add paragraph "Swift also released new music". that additional promo.

off topic: what is that trial about?

Just now, UNNAMI said:

I think she may release music to get coverage on media about music and not about trial.

Or both - media will be writing about trial and they will add paragraph "Swift also released new music". that additional promo.

off topic: what is that trial about?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/taylor-swift-face-djs-contract-interference-claim-at-jury-trial-1009071

I still think she should wait for the trial to finish.

OT: Can't wait for next week, Mendes could go top 10. :party:

59 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

and people said Adele won't sell 1m album and won't break Flo Rida single record. and she sold 3,38m albums and doubled Flo Rida record.

Are you comparing Adele's selling power to Taylor's? Because sis, I have news for you...