Billboard Charts (June 25 - July 1, 2017)

iHype.

I don't get this "it was MUCH BIGGER, it's a fact" point tbh. Both were massive. :huh: 

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• simmnfierzig

• UNNAMI

• Pacaveli

peterstyles13
On 6/28/2017 at 1:22 AM, J-boy said:

Despacito points (simmfierzig final predictions)

1st week at #1 - 518 

2nd week at #1 - 610 (+92)

3rd week at #1 - 660 (+50)

4th week at #1 - 703 (+43)

5th week at #1 - 737 (+35)

6th week at #1 - 768 (+31) (peaked in overall points)

7th week at #1 - 748 (-20) (point decline starts)

8th week at #1 - 736 (-12) (early predictions) *slightly decreased*

INTERESTING....how the points will be in the next few weeks...

I hope it continues to decrease. At this point, the only song I can see dethroning it would probably be TS6's lead single...

2 hours ago, peterstyles13 said:

I hope it continues to decrease. At this point, the only song I can see dethroning it would probably be TS6's lead single...

DJ Khaled with his crew say hello.  :coffee:

Even with airplay rising, I think Despacito will start to lose a lot more starting next week. I think the points could be down to around 650 or lower by the week following Fourth of July. Then Wild Thoughts should be at least 450 with the way its airplay is growing and streaming remaining strong.

Edited by One Nation

I have only heard snippets of the song from BB's Top 10 clips, so I don't know much about the song. I assume it will chart on AC soon, even though that format has lately refused to embrace a song that's perfect for their format until the other genres have let the song go. Million Reasons, and right now Body Like A Back Road are clear evidence of this ridiculous pattern of behavior.

Opinion: "Shape of You is better than Despacito"

Fact: "Despacito is bigger than Shape Of You"

it's weird to me how many ATRLers don't know the difference 

I have a gut feeling that Despacito is probably has the best chance to beat Mariah's #1 record tbh. I don't think we've seen such a huge crossover smash in years. Maybe Taylor can stop it if she's 100% releasing in August.

Edited by ymcmb

14 hours ago, jezebelvictoria said:

I think @Rentboy is getting at that 'Shape of You' was bigger because it did all that without multiple versions counting towards it.

Some of the last weeks of SOY at #1 were thanks to the streaming AND sales points from the remixes. He released 4 remixes if I remember correctly.

On 28.06.2017 at 10:40 AM, volition said:

it's obviously not going to lose the same amount of points per week

i want wild thoughts to go number one eventually, though i couldn't care less if b2m's record is broken or not.

even if it will be losing 50 points each week it's still gonna be big

9th - 736-50 = 722
10th - 684
11th - 634
12th - 584
13th - 534
14th - 484
15th - 434
16th - 384

but obviously weeks 9 10 and 11 won't lose 50 so around 16th it will have 400+ still

QueenofCopyPaste

I'm predicting 14 weeks at #1 for Despacito :eli:

43 minutes ago, J-boy said:

I'm predicting 14 weeks at #1 for Despacito. :eli:

We'll see, though. :eli:

15 weeks

We need one of those

The fact that OSD holds the record by two weeks and literally no song has managed to snatch that 15th is insane :lmao:

1 minute ago, Sinister said:

15 weeks

We need one of those

No. Then Mariah won't have the longest running #1 and second longest running #1 ever, and Boyz II Men won't have the longest running #1, second longest running #1, and third longest running #1 ever.

5 minutes ago, iHype. said:

No. Then Mariah won't have the longest running #1 and second longest running #1 ever, and Boyz II Men won't have the longest running #1, second longest running #1, and third longest running #1 ever.

True...16 or 14 weeks for Despacito

12 minutes ago, Sinister said:

15 weeks

We need one of those

The fact that OSD holds the record by two weeks and literally no song has managed to snatch that 15th is insane :lmao:

Mariah would've had 15 weeks with WBT but right in the middle of its #1 reign, Carrie underwood's debut single inside your heaven debuted at #1 for 1 week when she won American Idol

6 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Mariah would've had 15 weeks with WBT but right in the middle of its #1 reign, Carrie underwood's debut single inside your heaven debuted at #1 for 1 week when she won American Idol

And UF wouldve had 17 weeks had F&F7 been released 3 weeks later

The music/chart gods are keeping that 15th week and OSD untouched for a reason...we just dont know why

25 minutes ago, iHype. said:

End Of The Road is the 9th longest running #1 though :celestial5:

4 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

End Of The Road is the 9th longest running #1 though :celestial5:

Correction: They have the song with the most weeks #1, a song with second most weeks #1, and a song with third most weeks #1. :celestial5:

9 minutes ago, Sinister said:

And UF wouldve had 17 weeks had F&F7 been released 3 weeks later

The music/chart gods are keeping that 15th week and OSD untouched for a reason...we just dont know why

No I get that we can play that "this would've had this if _____" game all day, but Mariah's case is unique because it was a #1 debut right in the middle of her reign at #1, and she immediately returned to #1 the next week. it's not like UF! Where it got taken over for #1 due to other circumstances and then it's reign at the top was ended

Despacio. :duca:

Records are meant to be broken. :gaycat5:

Edited by MAGIA

I'm wondering who's  going to be #1 next week between Calvin and Jay.

:duca:

Edited by igetfilthy

Let's say Jay did 200 million Streams, how much in SPS would that be?