ATRL decides: how does Die With A Smile compare to Gaga's other "big 6" global hits?

Hector

Since I've already seen Monsters calling it the biggest hit of the year...  

58 members have voted

1. 1. how does it stack up to the rest of her big global smashes?

• It is as successful as the other six, and feels just as big.
    • It may be as successful as the other six, but doesn't feel "near as big yet".
    • In spite of Die With A Smile's current dominance in the world, it doesn't feel like it'll ever stack up to Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance, Telephone, Born This Way, or Shallow.

34 minutes ago, Florence Belch said:

That's the point though: just because something that's objectivily popular doesn't pop up in your feed, it doesn't mean that it's less popular than it actually is.

An example: still to this day I haven't heard or seen a reel with the new Post Malone and that Morgan guy song, and I could debate what you're saying. But I would be wrong, simply because my feed isn't representative of the entire GP and all its target audiences.

Let's not fall there sis :gaygacat2:

Well nowadays labels and streaming platforms have gotten really good at manipulating the streaming numbers. Autoplay, sponsored content, and other shady tactics can make a song seem way more popular than it actually is. So, a song can have millions of streams, but if it's not bringing conversations, memes, or the real buzz, isn't it a bit suspicious? In those cases, we gotta question if it's actually a hit or just a manufactured one. I mean, it's insane when you think about it. A song can be sitting at 10 million streams for weeks, and yet nobody's talking about it anywhere. Look at other tracks that reached similar streaming numbers shortly after their release – all of them generated buzz at some point. But with 'Die With a Smile,' it feels like nobody is talking about it. If a song isn't getting that kind of engagement, I'm not denying it could be a hit, but at least it's a song that really lacks any impact considering the numbers it's pulling

Doesn't feel as big as Bad Romance/Poker Face/Born This Way/Shallow yet but the fact its still growing after a month and a half past release is insane

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.