21,000 scientists now sign article urging humanity to ditch meat

GraceRandolph

Omg there are a handful fellow vegans here. I love you guys :smitten:

A plant-based diet is healthy, safe and good for yourself and the environment. I was vegetarian for 4 years and now vegan for 7 years now and I'm completely fine. The worst part of it all has been the social aspect of it, realizing how none of my close friends and relatives give a **** about animals even when they claim they love them. But I wouldn't want it any other way, I'd rather be true to myself and aligning my actions to my beliefs than trying to look the other way and make silly excuses. 

• Like 4

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Uncatena

• Joey307

• Sazare

• glitch

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not even a vegetarian, but some of you anti-vegan people are so brainrotted you've turned your eating habits into a stan war :rip: 

• Like 9

I'm not giving up a good lamb vindaloo, a good beef stew or fried chicken sawry

9 minutes ago, Sazare said:

I actually thought this joke was extremely juvenile and moronic the first two times, but the third time it really clicked for me :ahh::ahh::ahh: :ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh: 

Thanks for sharing, and then sharing again and again! :ahh::ahh:

Girl I swear to god it was dupes 

Ooop and I just started my carnivore diet 

I already gave up on humanity, so whatever :michael:  people don't give a f until it blows up in their face. You can give people thousands of reasons, give them some scientific proof, still won't change their mind. 

Sadly, those who will pay the price are the children of today. 

Edited by alexrex
  • Like 1

video of someones mama sighing on the couch   

Edited by Katamari

There are three things that are absolutely essential to make people turn to a plant-based diet, and we're not even close to it being done:

• make the plant-based options less expensive (!!!!). It's just not possible for most people to suddenly multiply the amount of money spent on groceries by 2 or 3.
  • have proper education on nutrition. Most people who start a plant-based diet without much knowledge will inevitably quit because they'll be lacking certain nutrients.
  • make the plant-based options widely accessible. Idk if it's different elsewhere, but in my country, if you want to have a modicum of quality plant-based products, you'll have to do multiple grocery stores to get everything you need. 
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Uncatena said:

the "veganism agenda" in question being the scientific consensus that eating less meat could save the planet lmfao, y'all are so cooked.

do you have time to talk about our Lord and Savior Salad ahh 

This thread :deadbanana:

I switched to basically only chicken, I eat beef/pork mostly ground in things like lasagnas and musakas which is rare, chicken's cheaper, healthier, better for macros, and incredibly versatile. I'm never giving up lamb tho! But that I get from my family members' small farms and only for special occasions.

Tbh the kind of diet I grew up on (mediterranean) is full of meatless meals that are delicious, not to mention nutritious and healthy, but you never really think of those as 'vegan'. There's a lot of vegan meals like that, imo things go astray when people try to imitate meat and other animal products.

how realistic is it to switch for the average person

I support people going vegan/vegetarian if they want, but plant-based meats/dairy are not by definition "healthy" either. They can have some shady ingredients to put it mildly. There are of course major issues with the dairy/meat industry but that's why I don't eat processed factory farm'd meat/dairy and barely eat pork. But I also have the privilege in being able to have the access and choose that for myself, in a way majority of the world do not. It's a completely unrealistic idea.

I support people going vegan/vegetarian if they want, but plant-based meats/dairy are not by definition "healthy" either. They can have some shady ingredients to put it mildly. There are of course major issues with the dairy/meat industry but that's why I don't eat processed factory farm'd meat/dairy and barely eat pork. But I also have the privilege in being able to have the access and choose that for myself, in a way majority of the world do not. It's a completely unrealistic idea.

I've been vegan since January of 2012, and it really is not that hard. But so many people these days have no clue how to cook even a single meal, which really limits their options. Anyways, I'm just posting here to say hello to my fellow vegan ATRL members. You're all doing the lord's work. 

• Like 1

To be honest, I can see myself becoming vegan pretty plausible, i am already slowly eating less meat :coffee: 'The Substance' made me hate eating chicken so it's a no-no now.

As a start, the actual message needs to be reduce meat, and choose the right type of meat. Even cutting comsumption in half would do wonders for the environment and your health. Chicken is also so much better thanpork and beef, for example

• Like 1

I hope Bill Gates' plan to spray dust into the stratosphere to block out the UV rays from the sun works and it forces a new Ice Age.

I guess maybe then we'll get reacquainted with the realities of our evolutionary history.

2.4 million yrs of mostly hunting, some gathering vs 10,000 yrs of agriculture. :ryan3:

/s but not really

Scientists can plead all they want but its not meat consumption, its consumption from multi-national corporations and the wealthiest that have us where we are.

This unintentionally punches down blindly mind you and I'm not even including those occupying the northern most places on earth like the Yakut, Sami or Intuit

For some folks meat is essentially a rarity, or very infrequent if they can get it. They'll eat it because its protein rich and it helps with their survival. 

I'm not gonna police folks living under $1 a month to stop eating meat. 

This once again obfuscates a capitalism problem. At least the scientists protesting under Extinction Rebellion get it. 

3 hours ago, Burn said:

eating meat is one of the most natural things in the world.

There's nothing natural about the current meat & dairy industry lmao 

• Like 2

Im all for it except milk, eggs and all milk based products will always be in need

I mean the environment IS collapsing under the weight of BILLIONS of people being unable to adapt, but people aren't willing to make even the slightest personal lifestyle changes to save the world so... our species will go extinct. :michael:

4 hours ago, Burn said:

eating meat is one of the most natural things in the world.

When did you last hunt for your meat or cultivate your farm animals? :coffee2:

i don't understand the zealotry of meat-eaters. they are not even saying you should give up meat altogether, just to eat slightly less of it. 

eating a couple of vegan/vegetarian meals a week won't kill you, i promise. :toofunny3:

4 hours ago, glitch said:

Wait I just came back to say this, the OP hasn't even posted a proper source...

:suburban:

Guess you and I are still the only ones to notice. Atrliterte strikes against

2 hours ago, shimind said:

Im all for it except milk, eggs and all milk based products will always be in need

Have you tried plant based milks? Soy milk's taste & consistency has is difference for me. Plus it's actually healthy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.