Taylor goes viral for speech about her career

midnightdawn

It's one of her best speeches, and it's very frequently referenced in talks and dissertations about artists' rights.

It also goes viral often, i tend to see it on Twitter and Tik Tok quite a bit!

• Like 3

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MissedTheTrain

• WildHeart

• Rep2000

• BrokenMachine

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's one of her best speeches, and it's very frequently referenced in talks and dissertations about artists' rights.

It also goes viral often, i tend to see it on Twitter and Tik Tok quite a bit!

That speech was interesting. It was like a Ted Talk

5 hours ago, JoJo said:

The problem with the speech was that Taylor was talking to the audience as if they were her fans and not like they were her peers. The pause after saying 1989 was awkward. 

(This isn't meant to be a hate comment btw. Taylor was right, but she needed to work on the speech more)

Yeah, she was clearly waiting for a big applause once she did that pause :dies:

I actually liked that speech back in the day, but in retrospective it just shows how much of a reactionary she is, and how her whole art depends solely on her expected response from the public. It's like she doesn't enjoy making the music itself at all.

Edited by BrokenMachine
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Thumbs Down 5

Ok we like to drag and act up on here and overdo it sometimes but THIS here has got to be one if not the most cringy, awkward, and just outright Narcissistic moments out of anybody's fave that has taken place probably ever. Like we had Gaga risking her entire persona to go all out for LGBT with practically her whole career, Beyonce sticking her neck out for racial injustices, and even just the girls like Britney or Ari adding their ingredients to the Pop girl storybook for the girls later on and this woman here thinks she is doing some game changing moves just because it is SLIGHTLY different for her very, very, safe played and edgeless brand, like gtfooooooohhhhhhhhhh chick. PLZZZZZZZZZ

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 13

I still laugh at that video because someone mistook Jameela for Ciara. :skull:

for someone who's supposed to be bland and unremarkable, she sure makes atrl fume at the mouth for every little thing she's done :clap3: 

meanwhile their faves are flopping in a ditch somewhere and all they do is scream taylor's name :gaycat1:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Great808 said:

Ok we like to drag and act up on here and overdo it sometimes but THIS here has got to be one if not the most cringy, awkward, and just outright Narcissistic moments out of anybody's fave that has taken place probably ever. Like we had Gaga risking her entire persona to go all out for LGBT with practically her whole career, Beyonce sticking her neck out for racial injustices, and even just the girls like Britney or Ari adding their ingredients to the Pop girl storybook for the girls later on and this woman here thinks she is doing some game changing moves just because it is SLIGHTLY different for her very, very, safe played and edgeless brand, like gtfooooooohhhhhhhhhh chick. PLZZZZZZZZZ

Welp, you're kinda reaching, but you made some points. They called her 'pick me' on the tweet for a reason :ryan3:

Edited by BrokenMachine
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BrokenMachine said:

I actually liked that speech back in the day, but in retrospective it just shows how much of a reactionary she is, and how her whole art depends solely on her expected response from the public. It's like she doesn't enjoy making the music itself at all.

Agreed. I think her point was trying to establish that "you can never please people", but she's delivered it in the worst way possible :rip: .

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

It doesn't get more cringe than that.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

considering that all her biggest songs are about 3 topics:

1: Im a victim of a guy/boyfriend

2: Im a victim of people/haters

3: Im gonna ger revenge on this guy/haters

The speech sounds like she doesnt realize what she really stands for besides pleasing the gp 

Edited by LittleStarmen
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

(no hate to either of them)

• Haha 4

isn't this speech old asf? why do people suddenly care now? :rip:

i liked this speech actually but it came across as too egocentric. Watching this really gets you wondering if she ever cared about anything other than herself

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, laqqinq said:

(no hate to either of them)

sorry but this was plain disrespectful of billie

• Like 2

She hasn't released any variants in a bit, so I guess you guys need something to be angry about? :clown: 

There were points she made. Like idk how to explain this to some of yall but despite the immense privilege she has from being white + rich misogyny just doesn't magically disappear because of that

Atrlers/ losers on X foaming at the mouth because of a 5 years old speech because they have nothing to be angry about then complaining that she's everywhere and they can't escape her :psyduck:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LittleStarmen said:

considering that all her biggest songs are about 3 topics:

1: Im a victim of a guy/boyfriend

2: Im a victim of people/haters

3: Im gonna ger revenge on this guy/haters

The speech sounds like she doesnt realize what she really stands for besides pleasing the gp 

The year is 2024 and people STILL think Blank Space is a serious song and she literally wants to smash in Harry Styles' head with a golf club? :deadbanana4:

And did yall not listen to Anti-Hero outside the "sexy baby" tweets or :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.