It's GAGOVER: Joker 2 nosedives by a record 80%

P.O.P

4 minutes ago, Amaranth said:

Now, the GP hates her inclusion as it seems to add to the humiliation of Joker's character.

Only incels hate her inclusion (because she's a woman). The rest of GP expected her to be a co-lead in the movie, considering the movie was promoted as Joaquin x Gaga, yet she ended up having the same amount of screentime as that one prison guard.

Edited by Hurem
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hurem

• Yes, AND

• LaFuerza

• NoAngelus

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it wasn't a 100% drop. Issa HIT! 

:suburban:

1 minute ago, Amaranth said:

That's the narrative her fans were pushing at release. Now, the GP hates her inclusion as it seems to add to the humiliation of Joker's character. 

OT: Pretentiousness finally got GAGA :coffee2:

It's not the GP, its the joker-bros.

the gag in all of this is how joker is thematically about wanting someone to be something they're not and here we see the rabid joker fanboys losing their minds and turning on joker because it was something  they didn't want it to be. Just shows that people will only like what they can know and understand and can't fathom being intellectually challenged or rescind "ownership" over something they never were entitled to own in the first place. 

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:
Oh how Liddos thought they'd finally reap the fruits after 15 years of bashing other female artists for Gaga.

Our fave has a #1 song on Spotify for over a month now. We're definitely winning, KatyPrismSpirit

giphy.gif

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

This won't effect her musical career. Lead of LG7 will be the real test of her popularity, hope she'll release a banger.

26 minutes ago, UnderratedVocalist said:

I'm gonna be honest.

I didn't and won't watch solely because of Gaga and the fact that it's a musical (because of Gaga). And I LOVED the 1st one.

Not because I'm a hater, but because I know what to expect. No shade to Gaga as an actress, but from what I've seen, her performances are always so 1-dimensional. Gaga thinks leaning her head when speaking is ground-breaking acting. Her performances always come off as pretentious, over the top and try-hard. She's a fantastic singer that excels in so many genres. I just don't think acting is for her.

Maybe she should try the Musical Theater route. At least there, the musical aspect will make sense. Everything that she's done as an actress so far is always somehow linked to music, which takes away from the authenticity of the project, especially for movies like Joker. And I honestly do believe that she had influence in the decision to turn this into a musical.

AHS and House of Gucci had nothing to do with music? Both of which she was acclaimed for. 

She didn't have an influence in making it a musical. We know how this idea came to be, directly from Todd and Jacquin. 

I do agree that she should stay away from musicals in the future. She could easily do Broadway and excell. 

10 minutes ago, SUNSET BLVD said:

Just a friendly reminder that cate blanchett's borderlands cost $130 million and grossed $15 million TOTAL in the US.

this happened last month.

any of the haters in here care to share their thoughts about this? 

Borderlands losses are $115 million. JFAD is currently at a loss of $325 million lol. Hope this helps! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Just now, Hurem said:

Our fave has a #1 song on Spotify for over a month now. We're definitely winning, KatyPrismSpirit

giphy.gif

#1 HOT SHOT DEBUT (New) ThankYouBruno

#2 ThankYouAriana (-1)

#3 ThankYouBradley (-1)

#4 ThankYouBLACKPINK (-1)

#5 ThankYouFlorence (-1)

#6 ThankYouTony (recurrent)

giphy.gif

Spoiler

dwas is a smashiana but harlequin is a flop so what now

• Haha 15
  • Thumbs Down 3

People are literally walking out of theaters when the musical scenes start to roll. People don't want to see the movie because of her. She is box office poison. Her fans are not ready to accept that and they're deluding themselves saying the reviews praised her. How come people are not listening to the album then? If it was just the movie that was bad, and not Gaga, how come the album is flopping too? What's the excuse for that? 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:
Oh how Liddos thought they'd finally reap the fruits after 15 years of bashing other female artists for Gaga.

Instead, they got a heaping plate of ROTTEN TOMATOES!

giphy.gif

when your bravery, nerve and audacity come back to bite you in the ass in the upcoming months sister i will not be taking any "i can't take any more lashings ROD!"

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Down 3

#2 ThankYouAriana (-1)

#3 ThankYouBradley (-1)

#5 ThankYouFlorence (-1)

giphy.gif

Reveal hidden contents

I hurd #ThankYouTarantino is debuting soon

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, jonapova said:

Borderlands losses are $115 million. JFAD is currently at a loss of $325 million lol. Hope this helps! 

Borderlands

Budget: $110–120M

Box Office: $33M

Joker: FAD

Budget: $200M

Box Office: $123.7M

e067b8774457deda8743bce8400901db.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 13

Instead of taking the L, they're comparing Gaga with Cate Blachett

spacer.png

Edited by HASHTAGPOW
  • Haha 14

2 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

when your bravery, nerve and audacity come back to bite you in the ass in the upcoming months sister i will not be taking any "i can't take any more lashings ROD!"

giphy.gif

my sister in christ you are talking to a katycat in the big year of 2024. the good sis is used to all the lashings in the world, trust

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

#2 ThankYouAriana (-1)

#3 ThankYouBradley (-1)

#5 ThankYouFlorence (-1)

giphy.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Too bad your fave can't thank any of her collaborators (or her rapist producer) :redface:

Gimme Gimme (feat. 21 Savage): 4M

Gorgeous (feat. Kim Petras): 6.5M

I'm His, He's Mine (feat. Doechi): 13M

Artificial (feat. JID): 3.2M

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

JFAD has a $100M+ marketing debut and needs $450M box-office to break even

So why don't you include Borderlands' marketing budget when counting the losses?

JFAD has a $100M+ marketing debut and needs $450M box-office to break even

and why should lady godga worry about that sister? i'm sure warner bros is crying about letting todd phillips bankrupt them, but miss gar is moving on with her like 10 million dollar paycheck and eyeing up a tarantino movie apparently

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

my sister in christ you are talking to a katycat in the big year of 2024

giphy.gif

the secondhand embarrassment i get for you... repent sister

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Borderlands

Budget: $110–120M

Box Office: $33M

Joker: FAD

Budget: $200M

Box Office: $123.7M

You too boo! Guess you don't know that a movie's budget doesn't include the marketing and distribution costs :chick3:

Im I the only one who thinks this won't effect her musical career at all? 
Like be real. 
:psyduck:

1 minute ago, Hurem said:

So why don't you include Borderlands' marketing budget when counting the losses?

and why have we stooped as low to comparing global icon and megastar lady gaga to a cate blanchett movie to begin with?

• Haha 7

23 minutes ago, SUNSET BLVD said:

Just a friendly reminder that cate blanchett's borderlands cost $130 million and grossed $15 million TOTAL in the US.

this happened last month.

any of the haters in here care to share their thoughts about this? 

No thoughts to share on that one. We only care about Gaga's Joker. Hope that helps!

• Haha 6

Just now, RideOrDie said:

and why should lady godga worry about that sister? i'm sure warner bros is crying about letting todd phillips bankrupt them, but miss gar is moving on with her like 10 million dollar paycheck and eyeing up a tarantino movie apparently

giphy.gif

KatyPootSpirit's fave got more than x2 that amount for simply sitting in a chair so not sure that's a flex

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.