Andrew Lloyd Webber traumatized by Cats; Taylor asked "What are we going to do?"

SoldierofLove

spacer.png

Andrew Lloyd Webber wanted his dog to be recognised as a therapy animal to help him after the 'trauma' of the 'terrible' Cats movie.

After the film, the composer's friend Glenn Closesuggested he adopt a canine companion to give him a boost – and airline staff didn't even require medical evidence when he asked to take his pet on a plane with him.

'I applied for Mojito to be my therapy dog so I could take him on American Airlines,' he told the Sunday Times' Culture magazine.

'I said the reason for taking him on the plane was trauma due to the Cats movie, and they came back saying: "No doctor's certificate required."'

Andrew admitted the movie was 'terrible' and claimed stars of the film were very 'unhappy' about it too.

'It was terrible. Thank God I was not closely involved,' he continued.

'Most people who were found it the most unhappy experience. Taylor Swift, Judi Dench … All of them called me and said, "What are we going to do?"'

In 2021, the famed writer spoke to Variety about acquiring his dog after Cats was released: 'There wasn't really any understanding of why the music ticked at all. I saw it and I just thought, "Oh, God, no."

https://metro.co.uk/2024/09/30/andrew-lloyd-webber-experienced-trauma-cats-movie-bad-21705884/amp/

:gaycat6:

• Haha 5

That movie was traumatic especially the butthole version! Can you blame him?

Edited by Matchatea

The way Cats was a colossal catastrophe and yet basically all of the big names attached emerged from it unscathed. Within two years of its release, Taylor was back on top of the world with folklore and her first set of rerecordings, Judi Dench earned a historic 8th Oscar nomination for Belfast, Jason Derulo scored his first Hot 100 #1 hit since his debut single in 2009, Jennifer Hudson got SAG, Globe, and Grammy nominations for her contributions to Respect and became an EGOT, Idris Elba remained booked and busy. Even Francesca Hayward booked a performance slot at King Charles's coronation concert. And nobody ever liked James Corden or Rebel Wilson anyways but somehow they always stay here. 

Only Tom Hooper is paying any price for his involvement.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952cn4n0u4kpp62nmsd0v

Edited by Achilles.
  • Haha 1

I just realized the director never worked in any other film after Cats. :skull:

Just now, Taylena said:

I just realized the director never worked in any other film after Cats. :skull:

We call that director jail!

Todd Phillips may be joining him there. 
200w.gif?cid=6c09b952oz2uigm492r3b89i4n0

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I mean...the movie was an obvious flop from the moment they showed J Hud screaming and yelling while looking like a Thundercat in the trailer :rip:

Also didn't Taylor push Lover up so it wouldn't coincide with this? I know she was pissed :toofunny3:

12 minutes ago, Matchatea said:

That movie was traumatic especially the butthole version! Can you blame him?

The what version? :gaycat2:

36 minutes ago, HausOfPunk said:

Cats.png

This was scary and hilarious at the same time :lmao:

7 minutes ago, SoldierofLove said:

The what version? :gaycat2:

You heard me! The cat butthole version! :gaycat5:

I needed this laugh today :suburban:

Yeah I feel bad for Taylor and all the other actors apart from James Cordon. Probably how Gaga is feeling now.  :gaycat6:

he even got a dog lmao 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.