Deep diving into the original B9: Would we have seen Britney in all her GLORY?

WaterDiamonds

20 minutes ago, Trash said:

Any idea to where does her version of Sucker for Pain lands in between eras, was it meant for Glory? :chick3:

Pretty Girls was released on May 4th, 2015 and Britney was in the studio with Alex Da Kid sometime in mid-July 2015 so it's hard to say. I personally would classify it as post Pretty World/super early Glory sessions. 

Edited by BraveNewSeth
  • Thanks 1

Pretty Girls was god awful but Britney would have slayed 'When I Rule The World' and would have been a cute PC Music collaborator with Hannah Diamond type of music, oh well

thank god that album was scrapped. PG was abysmal from the production to the melodies... all.

So Sucker for Pain (Britney's Version) was meant for this album? Would've been a cute hit for ha (and would've scalped Imagine Dragons...)

In my dreams, Britney recorded When I Rule The World, it became a huge hit responsible for her rebranding and turning into a poster girl for the early PC Music sound, making her record a whole Sophie/Charli/Hannah-penned album and the world would be in peace again

olivia-wilde-olivia.gif

7 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

2015 was supposed to be her "droplets" era (Selena copied ha!). Britney said it wasn't her priority to put together an album and Larry said they'd just put out singles for the meantime. Pretty Girls flopping thankfully killed the plans, plans they weren't committed either way as Iggy cried for months to get the song out and then cried again because they refused to properly promote it.

Source: Billboard (March 2015)

I once saw a breakdown of when Glory's songs were recorded. Not sure how accurate it was but it fitted with other receipts. For example, "Liar" is for sure a 2014 song and so is "Clumsy", I think.

The interview for Billboard even though published march of 2015 was from november of 2014, right after she started recording, so it's no surprise she said it wasn't a priority as she was just starting the project, also, I remember Larry also said in another interview that even tho an album wasn't guaranteed, an EP was likely, but I can't find where he said it. Also Iggy herself said the song was only given to Britney bc it was going to be first released as the lead single of her album that was ready, so I doubt her team would lie to her for such song 💀

Liar is from the Jason Evigan sessions which makes sense if they happened in 2014 as he was also involved into Hilary's This Heart, so he could've been passed to Britney thanks to Rani, but idk about Clumsy, bc the Oak sessions were probably from Summer of 2015 and he already knew Britney bc he worked at the Circus and the Teresa Labarbera's Femme Fatale writing camps, so it was a matter of time before Britney picked up some of his material, I guess.

2 hours ago, Peak Now said:

So Sucker for Pain (Britney's Version) was meant for this album? Would've been a cute hit for ha (and would've scalped Imagine Dragons...)

Her version of Sucked for Pain was always intended for the SS soundtrack, unlike Rihanna's that at some point was for her own project, and it was recorded in July of 2015 (Already Glory sessions), so not at all hehe

• Thanks 1

If glory's track list was reshuffled and a few songs taken out it would be in her top 3 albums, it's actually so good!

Anything would be an upgrade from Britney Jean tbh

I loved how Glory turned out. Private Show is an annoying mess but I've grown to love it :)

• ATRL Administrator

The story of what almost was in relation to her unreleased catalog is truly remarkable. Thank you for this great ATRL original, OP!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ryan said:

The story of what almost was in relation to her unreleased catalog is truly remarkable. Thank you for this great ATRL original, OP!

No, thanks for you for reading, glad you enjoyed it ❤️

8 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

Pretty Girls flopping thankfully killed the plans, plans they weren't committed either way as Iggy cried for months to get the song out and then cried again because they refused to properly promote it.

iggy just wanted the song for herself which it originally was. she didn't need it to be for Britney's album but they were hoarding it.

@RideOrDie sis would you be willing to actually spill the real tea and tell us a tracklist, insightful details or even the working name of the project, the B-Army is starving 🙏🏼

Glory is Britney's best album since Circus imo, so I'm really glad that anything related to the Pretty Girls - which is horrible - era was scrapped. :rip:

12 hours ago, WaterDiamonds said:

Even during Glory there was still hope that Britney would dare to join the PC music scene with Secret and Trophy; but Charli already had Secret, and idk why Trophy was rejected.

Also, there's this one pitch demo that idk how to feel about bc it's corny yet so off the wall? 😭

This ended up being released by J-Pop Queen Koda Kumi:

Tbh, I wish a proper PC Music album full of When I Rule The World-like songs happened. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.