Deep diving into the original B9: Would we have seen Britney in all her GLORY?

WaterDiamonds

What an interesting read. No idea all of that was happening. 

• Like 1

Why were they so confident in pretty girls :deadbanana2: that's more promo than make me tbh 

• Haha 1

damn id love to hear this album.

pretty girls was so fun.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Why were they so confident in pretty girls :deadbanana2: that's more promo than make me tbh 

because Fancy had just smashed the year before. they figured she could get her own. hence the charli sessions.

Edited by yonsé
  • Like 2

If pretty girls was anything to go by, I'm glad B9 v1.0 was scrapped. Glory served. 

• Like 2

asif that wasn't surprising enough Britney wanted to dip her Lousiana lily-white toes into PC Music and record the SOPHIE-penned track When I Rule The World

This has never been too shocking to me because Britney's work has powerful influence on the hyperpop landscape  as a whole :giraffe: I firmly believe that Femme Fatale in particular is an under-discussed source of several proto-hyperpop tracks. I would have loved to see a project from Britney that leaned harder into the genre as it developed - I don't think anyone could have done it better, and it could have been a smart way to turn public perception of her as almost a commodity on its head and provide some commentary on that, like Piece of Me did on Blackout (which is another album I've seen cited in the hyperpop lineage, but that one's more obvious).

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Theluckyone said:

If pretty girls was anything to go by, I'm glad B9 v1.0 was scrapped. Glory served. 

So far, all the songs we have heard from the album are nothing like PG but they're also by completely different producers, and even the other demos that the invisible men submitted have a different vibe, specially i hate you

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Theluckyone said:

Glory wasnt better tho not with hot garbage like Private Show

• Thumbs Down 3

3 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

This has never been too shocking to me because Britney's work has powerful influence on the hyperpop landscape  as a whole :giraffe: I firmly believe that Femme Fatale in particular is an under-discussed source of several proto-hyperpop tracks. I would have loved to see a project from Britney that leaned harder into the genre as it developed - I don't think anyone could have done it better, and it could have been a smart way to turn public perception of her as almost a commodity on its head and provide some commentary on that, like Piece of Me did on Blackout (which is another album I've seen cited in the hyperpop lineage, but that one's more obvious).

Even during Glory there was still hope that Britney would dare to join the PC music scene with Secret and Trophy; but Charli already had Secret, and idk why Trophy was rejected.

Also, there's this one pitch demo that idk how to feel about bc it's corny yet so off the wall? 😭

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

This is straight facts. How I Roll and Trip To Your Heart were way ahead of their time, and judging by some of the other Bloodshy pitch tracks we know about, it seems like Britney really wanted to dive deeper into that sound for Femme Fatale. HIR was even one of Britney's favorites from that album. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Even Jlo enjoyed some moderate success thanks to Iggy a year before with Booty, so they thought a collaboration with miss Azalea would be an easy way of getting her a hit... And it clearly wasn't the case, so it made RCA give up on her and reduce even more the budget of upcoming promo campaigns :rip:

• Like 1

There was a rock album??? We LOST :jonnyknife:

16 minutes ago, WaterDiamonds said:

Even during Glory there was still hope that Britney would dare to join the PC music scene with Secret and Trophy; but Charli already had Secret, and idk why Trophy was rejected.

Also, there's this one pitch demo that idk how to feel about bc it's corny yet so off the wall? 😭

Honestly the melody in the verses is nice but like you said its really corny, and even more importantly its kinda just ***** I'm Madonna 2.0

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Vixen Eyes said:

There was a rock album??? We LOST :jonnyknife:

Pop-Rock, she wasn't leaning all the way into rock and it was more like Brit-pop, the unreleased Youtopia is a good example of the sound I'm talking about, I doubt she did something that was guitar heavy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yonsé said:

damn id love to hear this album.

pretty girls was so fun.

We have a couple songs from the early B9/Pretty World sessions that have leaked. Check out Exaholic and I Can Bang by Rock Mafia and Youtopia by Matthew Koma if you're curious. 

if only they chose a better song than Pretty Girls to lead it with we may have actually gotten this album :deadbanana2: 

although i was happy with Glory, i was actually just revisiting it a few days ago and while it's still a fun album it just feels like dated Justin/Julia music and doesn't have a lot of Brit's touch on it. would've been fascinating to hear more in the When I Rule the World direction.

all the britney lore is so disappointing, between this and Original Doll she had so much potentially great music that she had a lot of input in that we never got to hear

Edited by Scandalous
  • Like 3

Private Show - the best song she's ever done 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

At least we got Glory which is a good album, even tho any album would be an improvement after the Britney Jean mess... Pretty Girls was a cute single but far from a lead single to kick a whole era, so I'm not sure about the quality of that lost album

3 hours ago, Katamari said:

They actually weren't that much. If it wasn't for Iggy pushing for it, it would have been scrapped I just know it

2015 was supposed to be her "droplets" era (Selena copied ha!). Britney said it wasn't her priority to put together an album and Larry said they'd just put out singles for the meantime. Pretty Girls flopping thankfully killed the plans, plans they weren't committed either way as Iggy cried for months to get the song out and then cried again because they refused to properly promote it.

However, Spears and Planet Hollywood are currently in negotiations about extending the show another two years through 2017, so a new full-length album may still prove harder to squeeze in. "Right now we're just concentrating on putting out a few great singles as they come," says Spears' manager Larry Rudolph. "We're not really talking seriously about a new album yet. Albums just aren't as important in the digital age as they used to be. Britney will get to one eventually, but not right now."

Source: Billboard (March 2015)

I once saw a breakdown of when Glory's songs were recorded. Not sure how accurate it was but it fitted with other receipts. For example, "Liar" is for sure a 2014 song and so is "Clumsy", I think.

Edited by Jeremiah

1 hour ago, BrattyBottom said:

Private Show - the best song she's ever done 

*one of the best.

I remember when Iggy said its going to be a lead from new Britney album and I waited in 2015 for it. The times when Iggy feature was considered a hit potential only 10 years ago and feels like 100. Well PG was fun mess and I liked that but Glory was so much better 

The early Glory leaks (Exaholic, Dance your F**k off, Youtopia) aren't good tbh, I'm glad we got the final product as it is. I'd be more interested in anything from the original Femme Fatale concept.

This was however a great read :clap3:

Any idea to where does her version of Sucker for Pain lands in between eras, was it meant for Glory? :chick3:

• Like 1

Thank God for Glory, but I know that deep down I would have found a way to love this album too.

Pretty World would have been an upgrade from Britney Jean too imo.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.