Warner exec debuts misogyny, blames Gaga' interpretation of Harley for alienating men

IBeMe

oh hell no. i'm an OGH but i'm not gonna sit down and allow some hypocritical billionaire misogynistic men blame a woman for their stupidity and faults 

bring them down Gaga. **** them up with LG7, burn their studio to the ground. 

Edited by SupremeGoddess
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Giorgoc

• AlanRickman1946

• Capris Groove

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a woman and hated Joker 2. It's not misogyny... The movie is just bad, I think Gaga's acting was really good, the storyline was just bad.

I see what's going on. The movie industry is starting to turn against Gaga and she's going to be the one to take the fall for this flop. She may be forced to stick to music from now on. 

• Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Moderator

Have they considered that the movie might just be bad?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The blame obviously cannot be placed on her. It's funny to joke about commercial failures because these people are already rich as hell but "alienating men" is wild and gross.

you know something is wrong when even gaga diehard fans hated the movie as well.

it's the goddamn AWFUL plot. i wanted to love this movie. i wanted to cheer for its success but damn **** there was nothing to cheer for but gaga.

moo.png

• Like 1

she's never doing superhero related film :rip: but i have to say, if they wanted to make it a musical it should've been original music, and if not then alt rock covers. jazz covers was a terrible idea. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Capris Groove said:

It's not that a woman was cast it's that Gaga was cast.

Of course comic book stans don't want to go see Gaga belt out jazz and Broadway showtunes, like be serious. :rip:

the layers in this :dies:

Seeing a popstar attached is immediately straight male poison tbh. The fact that it was a musical of sorts made it moreso. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Triton said:

If it is that high, she only brought in 14.4M from the 37M opening. And they paid her 12M. Box office poison confirmed! 

I guess she exclusively brought in people from the US. Overseas income doesn't go towards WB, right?

The tomfoolery.

the reach :rip:, what a half-assed script written by todd with no test screenings to back it up. Additionatally, let's not forget about how Phoenix inserts himself in this sequel and his big ego always wrecking his projects. These two should be held accountable for this massive flop, it's unfair to put all blame on Gaga

I think stans should see this as an opportunity to pull rank and set the jokes aside for a moment. This is some real underhanded ****. The lady gaga flop stuff is funny, but the attempt to pin this on her is nasty, when there are quite a few men who are culpable 

To play devil's advocate for a moment, the execs aren't completely wrong and clueless for blaming Gaga.

The film has just ended up in the middle of the 'anti-woke'/incel culture wars that have plagued other recent media like the Star Wars Acolyte series, where the inclusion of 'woke' or 'female' elements is blamed by the incel demographic for ruining a beloved IP with 'SJW bullshit' when the blame usually lies with a bad script and underwhelming final product. And fair enough to the incels, when the showrunners/directors can't even pen a decent script to begin with, any inclusion of deliberately 'woke' elements is probably going to feel forced and inadequately grounded in the content of the story, but that's clearly not the main issue with the final product - viewer rage and blame just gets transferred from the script itself to the easy scapegoat of the 'woke' elements, and from there it can often crystallise into hate against whatever female, lgbt or poc actor is unlucky enough to become the posterchild for the incel viewers' campaign against the 'woke bullshit ruining their media'.    

The point being, there's probably some truth to saying that the alienation of the first film's core incel audience was partly responsible for the sequel's box office performance, and when the alienated incel audience has latched onto Lady Gaga as the face of everything 'wrong' with the second movie, you can see why an exec might (wrongfully) adopt the same point of view and parrot it back to the media.

Besides, executives are like some of the dumbest people you'll ever meet :rip: that's why they have to make their careers profiting off of the work of others that they are too incompetent to produce themselves.

• Like 1

Crazy rich dumb exec pinning the faults on a woman... If they wanted their "core male audience", they shouldn't have made it into a musical in the first place!

Edited by PYT

On 10/8/2024 at 1:46 AM, tost1 said:

How can you be an executive anything and not see that a musical will alienate most people

This was it. It incredibly hard to make most people sit and enjoy an entire musical. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.