Warner exec debuts misogyny, blames Gaga' interpretation of Harley for alienating men

IBeMe

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Giorgoc

• AlanRickman1946

• Capris Groove

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

and 90% of them were probably liddos cause incels dropped it the moment it was announced a musical lmao 

only 39% of the entire audience came for Gaga

• Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 3

Even I'm starting to feel empathy for how badly this is going for her. :bibliahh:

Now the face and scapegoat of a historic colossal flop. Industry-known box office poison. 

• Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 4

And some people really thought Gaga wouldn't receive at least some of the blame for this :toofunny2:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, Mariano said:

She could possibly be blamed if people thought she was terrible, which didn't happen, everyone thought she was great. 

There was too much singing in the film, and even that was not Gaga's fault as:

1. Todd wrote the script, not Gaga
2. Joaquin sang a lot more than Gaga

Clearly Todd and Joaquin had way too much creative control :skull: 

Last, but not least: 

https://deadline.com/2024/10/box-office-joker-folie-a-deux-1236107521/ 

Gaga is the only saving grace of this tragedy, it would be a lot worse if it was just Joaquin singing all movie :rip:  - 39% worse to be exact. 

Not it literally coming to Joaquin in a dream :deadbanana:

• Haha 1

Not they throwing her under the bus when it's not even her fault.

The moment I knew this was a musical, I knew this was not gonna be good because it's not what the gp want from a Joker movie :rip: 

Her scenes cutdown by director then blamed by execs :deadbanana2:. This is another level of PANNEDHOOD.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I mean, it was obvious that the men were going to do this to her. Phoenix is clearly an arrogant ****, you can see it in the way he treats her. The director too. They both seem so smarmy and they always have these smirks on their faces. Blame the woman, of course, even when she seems to be the only one getting some praise for the director's mess. She's been very gracious with them when they do joint interviews but you can tell they're being nasty towards her. It's playground behaviour. It's always so funny when straight men act like little bitchy women. How pathetic. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Assassin said:

39% of 10 people, doesn't mean much statistically 

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 2

They are all to blame. They all played a part in it.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

I have not and will not watch this and thought the recent humbling of the liddos entertaining, but this statement is ridiculous and feels like something straight out of a reddit forum, Gaga was one of the most celebrated parts of the film, did they want a young bimbo to "attract straight men" - Warner doesn't seem to get it, what is alienating audiences is the films being bad not inclusion.

• Like 1

As a Gaga hater I can say that was definetly not her fault.

But she was still dumb for getting into this project when it was clear it was going to bomb from the get go.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, MCMXCV said:

I'm sorry but do you genuinely believe it was Lady Gaga's decision to make this movie into a jazz musical?

No and that's not what I said?

9 hours ago, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

and 90% of them were probably liddos cause incels dropped it the moment it was announced a musical lmao 

Liddos are somehow capable of pulling in tens of millions in box office numbers but can't make Harlequin Top 10?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

46 minutes ago, StayFrosty said:

Her scenes cutdown by director then blamed by execs :deadbanana2:. This is another level of PANNEDHOOD.

You're not too bright are you? 

• Haha 1

But little monsters told me she was popular with straight guys? Was I lied to?

• Thumbs Down 1

Gaga did nothing wrong. How about blaming the director and his lead male actor? 

This is really damaging to Gaga and her rebranding as a "serious" actress.

Large studio execs will see her as damaged goods, and it will hamper future casting opportunities.

It seems Grace Randolph was right after all.

• Thumbs Down 3

1 hour ago, Assassin said:

I was talking about the proportion of 62% being male :coffee:

2 hours ago, Assassin said:

If it is that high, she only brought in 14.4M from the 37M opening. And they paid her 12M. Box office poison confirmed! 

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

so WB/Todd Philips:

- wrote and approved the script

- directed the movie

- approved it being a musical 

- cut Gaga's character and reduced her to supporting actress from lead

- refused to do test screenings to gauge public's opinion of the movie

but somehow Gaga is to blame for the flop? even though her acting is acclaimed? make it make sense. all this talk about 'straight incels' fanbase is so reductive. they are not the only demographic watching movies. the film could've easily turned profit had it been actually good. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.