Mexican mayor is beheaded six days after taking office

Jotham

3 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Beheaded??? What in the ISIS is going on there? :mazen:

Sadly Los Zetas and other horrifying cartels have existed for a very long time doing this kind of insane stuff

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrokenMachine

• bync

• Nightingale

• réveuse

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Minto said:

what do you even do in situations like this? elected official get murdered, the justice system is corrupt, living conditions are not getting any better and no foreign countries would want to get involved in this mess either

:clack:

It's a failed state. Not much you can do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is so scary. My family is from there and I've gone to visit several times and never knew it was that dangerous

Terrifying :mazen:

4 hours ago, anastaciabby said:

cartels do this all the time sadly, they have been for ages. funky town is from there and that ones considered the most brutal "gore video" out there 

i, (from méxico) did not know about this very thing and i wish i would've never had to learn about it 

Horrifying. I'm sure Claudia will take care of it though, as I was told on ATRL how amazing she is

• Haha 5

I saw the picture on Twitter before knowing the story

shocked to learn that it was real and not something else

How is this allowed on that app?? (actually don't tell me)

Sad for Mexico..

OMG da pics bendito his poor family

also they accusing da ex mayor of his death?

18 hours ago, Bosque said:

Horrifying. I'm sure Claudia will take care of it though, as I was told on ATRL how amazing she is

Something about a German national irrationally blaming Mexico's first Jewish president - sworn in 7 days ago - for not uhh *re-reads* eradicating cartels in a week is very.. uncomfortable. 

Mexico is such a beautiful country with beautiful people and culture… it deserves so much better than this. 

• Like 1

its quite insane how cartels have treated Latin America like its own playground. Its heartbreaking. RIP

I love to visit Mexico but I'm glad I never moved there with my first boyfriend. 

The amount of violence, specifically Femicide is alarming. I don't think I would have ever truly felt safe.

Poor man, RIP.

This is why I'm so confused as to why Americans are moving to Mexico like it's one thing to visit the country on vacation which I hope to do soon but living there? I wouldn't.

and yes I'm aware the US isn't any better.

Rip :cries:

rest in peace

14 hours ago, Bewitched said:

This is why I'm so confused as to why Americans are moving to Mexico like it's one thing to visit the country on vacation which I hope to do soon but living there? I wouldn't.

Mexico is a big and diverse country. There are safe and unsafe areas.

Merida, for example, is considered one of the safest cities in North America, just behind Quebec in Canada.

There are many cities and towns in Mexico where you can live a very paceful and quiet life. Stop generalizing.

Edited by ttsmu
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Bewitched said:

They go to safer places, reserved for the privileged and wealthy people, so they can stay in their bubble, oblivious to what actually happens in their neighborhood next to them

On 10/8/2024 at 6:38 PM, Communion said:

Something about a German national irrationally blaming Mexico's first Jewish president - sworn in 7 days ago - for not uhh *re-reads* eradicating cartels in a week is very.. uncomfortable. 

It's definitely not about that. She was already the head of Mexico City's government. She did absolutely nothing. We know it's gonna be the same story with her as the president, and more given the shady connections her party has :giraffe:

Edited by BrokenMachine

On 10/7/2024 at 11:39 PM, bync said:

i, (from méxico) did not know about this very thing and i wish i would've never had to learn about it 

Well, I don't know how old you are, but around 2008-2012 those cases prolified, and that's why Felipe Calderón's period is seen as something so infamous. After that, those cases still existed, but they weren't that public anymore, happened in remote spaces, or the media just outright censored them

Edited by BrokenMachine

Yeah, it's awful and let me not get into the situation in Sinaloa.

That aside, some of the comments in this thread... :coffee2:

On 10/7/2024 at 10:18 PM, Nightingale said:

This is so scary. My family is from there and I've gone to visit several times and never knew it was that dangerous

Well, it's kind of an statistics thing. If violent stuff happens at the other side of the city, you won't notice it, and since, (affortunately) it doesn't happen every single day at the same spot, the probability of getting directly affected by something like that is kinda low

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.