Better longevity: Lady Gaga or Britney Spears?

momal

Better longevity?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Better longevity: Lady Gaga or Britney Spears?

Both peaked with their first eras, had a cute repeak 10 years into career with Circus/A Star in Born, both faced underperformances. Who does better longevity wise?

or

Edited by momal

Gaga. Britney started flopping during her 2nd era.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, A-V-XYZ said:

Gaga. Britney started flopping during her 2nd era.

Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know failed to chart on the Hot 100 lol. The Bubbling Under Queen is Britney!!

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

Music wise it's obviously Britney, the Gaga fad lasted like 3 years and she doesn't have a "Blackout" either. But career wise probably Gaga, she was smart and moved to film where she will continue to thrive IMO

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

2 minutes ago, A-V-XYZ said:

Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know failed to chart on the Hot 100 lol. The Bubbling Under Queen is Britney!!

Not the double post self quote. Nurse! :deadbanana4:

OT: They're still pretty equal unless LG7 does numbers. Both had ups and downs by the 16 year mark.

• Haha 1

Girl it's obviously Gaga 

Gaga won an Oscar during her first 10 years of career while Britney at the very best won the Teen Choice Awards icon award or some crap like that lmao

and right now Gaga is one of the only 5 artists with more than 100 million listeners on Spotify and still breaking records with her stadium tours 

the answer is obvious 

Edited by HANZ94
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Not the double post self quote. Nurse! :deadbanana4:

OT: They're still pretty equal unless LG7 does numbers. Both had ups and downs by the 16 year mark.

I was curious what Britney was up to at her 16 year mark… Pretty Girls.

• Haha 1

GaGa, Britney is an arsonist everything she touches goes up in FLAMES.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, for lovers said:

Music wise it's obviously Britney, the Gaga fad lasted like 3 years and she doesn't have a "Blackout" either. But career wise probably Gaga, she was smart and moved to film where she will continue to thrive IMO

Sure. Applause alone spent more weeks in top 10 than any Britney song except for BOMT.

OT: Gaga, obviously. But Britney had a legendary pop career.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

I was curious what Britney was up to at her 16 year mark… Pretty Girls.

Yes but she had Circus and Femme Fatale when Gaga didn't. Also Britney was always just a biggest celebrity because of the tabloid fixation on her. :gaycat4:

Gaga has much much much more respect but in terms of longevity they're still pretty evenly matched for now. Unless something awful happens Gaga will pass her because Britney retired after her 18th year. 

Edited by Sheep

1 minute ago, Sheep said:

Yes but she had Circus and Femme Fatale when Gaga didn't. Also Britney was always just a biggest celebrity because of the tabloid fixation on her. :gaycat4:

Gaga has much much much more respect but in terms of longevity they're still pretty evenly matched for now. Unless something awful happens Gaga will pass her because Britney retired after her 18th year. 

Gaga had A Star Is Born + Chromatica, bigger than Circus+Femme Fatale, by miles. 

How is this even a question?

Gaga isn't going to be retired and spinning around in circles in-front of a camera anytime soon.

When it comes to longevity its her by default.

16 years in, Gaga has the biggest song in the world, Britney was in-between Britney Jean and Glory. Be serious.

• Thanks 1

This dumb comparison again. Gaga is acting now, other than their first eras they have nothing in common. If Gaga keeps acting till 2035 and Britney stays retired, will you still be asking this? And replying "well Gaga just released a movie so her"? 

We all like to tease the monsters, myself included, but it's obviously Gaga. Both started flopping early and both fell way off but Gaga recovered. Gaga hasn't flopped the way Britney Jean and glory did aside from the jazz stuff 

• Like 1

Really hope you're not serious. Obviously there's nothing going on in the brain of anyone thinking Gaga isn't at a new peak in her career, after already 2 previous peaks. No idea what you ever are trying to imply here but it's pretty cringe already :biblio:

Gaga is way bigger/more acclaimed and I stan her although I have to say that In the Zone and Blackout are pop bibles.

Obviously Gaga. It's been like this since ASIB

12 minutes ago, GrandeVersace said:

Gaga is way bigger

Where?

Britney

her first 4 eras were pretty big, while Gaga started a noticeable underperformance on her 3rd (Artpop)

Gaga had 2 meh eras after, until she had a success (ASIB) ...and then it continued being the same..

Given the fact that Britney sometimes didn't even promote and/or use any tricks

while Gaga did a Superbowl (Joanne) and had the most popular act as a feature (Ariana on Chromatica)..

..it's kind of clear who was able to have a better longevity without trying

• Thanks 2

Britney dgaf once the conservatorship started (understandably) whereas Gaga actually wants to do this. Not a good comparison.

But both will be eternal pop legends :alexz:

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, jijie101 said:

Sure. Applause alone spent more weeks in top 10 than any Britney song except for BOMT.

OT: Gaga, obviously. But Britney had a legendary pop career.

Lmao at Applause, who cares? I could ask 50 random people on the street what that song is and they'd have no idea. If we're talking about music longevity then the answer is self-explantory as Gaga moved to film in order to continue her longevity, the music wasn't doing that for her. If she hadn't moved to film she would've continued to sink into irrelevance with mediocre albums, hence separating music and film in my answer.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.