Gaga & Joaquin admit JFAD is bad. Laugh at interviewer and blame director.

Verandi

2 hours ago, alexrex said:

Todd was responsible for the script and the editing of the film, which is what has turned people off about it. 

Gaga and Joaquin both are tremendous actors who happened to jump on a bad project, it happens to the best. 

:michael:

I don't know why you all only blaming  Gaga for this massive flop. Jealous because she's a talented girl and some of your faves are not?

The general public doesn't care who writes the script and who produces a song. They care about the outcome, if it's good, they'll take, if not, not. People were expecting a sequel for the Joker, a film, but instead they got a Gaga musical.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, BorderBoy said:

The general public doesn't care who writes the script and who produces a song. They care about the outcome, if it's good, they'll take, if not, not. People were expecting a sequel for the Joker, a film, but instead they got a Gaga musical.

Joaquim sings like 7 of the 12 songs alone, and Even me , that i don't know nothing about cinema knows that actors don't touch the script or the editing room...

• Like 3

People were expecting a sequel for the Joker, a film, but instead they got a Gaga musical.

y'all keep saying she was cut out of the movie but at the same time it's 'a Gaga musical'? so which is it, is she the lead or not?

• Like 1

Absolutely nothing you said invalidated the post you were quoting. People can be mad that it's a musical all they want. It still doesn't mean she or Joaquin were responsible for the script or the editing. The script was just… not good. Besides, if Joaquin was in over half the songs, how is it a Gaga musical with too much Gaga?

8 hours ago, Sheep said:

Oh she hates Joaquin :deadbanana4:

wdym? I genuinely feel like they connected and like each other, such a change from her interviews with Adam Driver

(unless you mean it as a joke then nvm)

3 hours ago, BorderBoy said:

what is this argument :deadbanana4: who do you think is ultimately 'responsible' for the outcome? a film is inherently the directors' medium, not the actors'

1 hour ago, loveisdead9582 said:

Absolutely nothing you said invalidated the post you were quoting. People can be mad that it's a musical all they want. It still doesn't mean she or Joaquin were responsible for the script or the editing. The script was just… not good. Besides, if Joaquin was in over half the songs, how is it a Gaga musical with too much Gaga?

I'm not saying that either actors wrote the script hence it flopped. I'm saying the public doesn't care about such details, they care about the movie outcome and seemingly they don't like it. Not everyone is into musicals. For example, when they released the new Mean Girls movie earlier this year, I was let down that it's a musical lol and it's not even that good. Some musicals are good, and others aren't. The outcome wasn't my thing.

2 hours ago, Infinite said:

Joaquim sings like 7 of the 12 songs alone, and Even me , that i don't know nothing about cinema knows that actors don't touch the script or the editing room...

Okay? Did I say anything in contradiction to what you said?

3 minutes ago, Liafen said:

what is this argument :deadbanana4: who do you think is ultimately 'responsible' for the outcome? a film is inherently the directors' medium, not the actors'

I'm not trying to throw the blame on anyone for the underperforming of the movie hence I'm not trying to guess who's responsible for the flopping. Both actors are good and they can still not do as good as expected. It happens. Maybe people expected some serious stuff like the first movie..

Gaga's team either 1. approached WB requesting to be in a movie, so they made it a musical just for her or 2. knew it would be a musical from its inception and casted her as a result.

The GP is not stupid. They know Gaga's involvement is directly linked to it being a musical and therefore she will endure the brunt of the backlash.

Either way she RUINED Joker 2 and her movie career is OVER.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, perfect blue said:

Gaga's team either 1. approached WB requesting to be in a movie, so they made it a musical just for her or 2. knew it would be a musical from its inception and casted her as a result.

The GP is not stupid. They know Gaga's involvement is directly linked to it being a musical and therefore she will endure the brunt of the backlash.

Either way she RUINED Joker 2 and it's so over for her movie career.

I mean at least try to conjure up some believable argument for why she's apparently the reason for the floppage and how it is over for her movie career without being just plain schewpid. Gaga's team did not approach WB requesting to be in a movie (that's not Hollywood works lmao, not at all), Todd reached out because he wanted to cast her. :deadbanana2: Casting her in a musical does not mean she's the reason the movie is a musical. The GP is not stupid, the majority are praising her performance as some sort of redeeming quality of this trash movie. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, XIAN said:

see when you're not TABS :sistrens:

This is actually TABS behavior, please :coffee2:

2 minutes ago, Liafen said:

I mean at least try to conjure up some believable argument for why she's apparently the reason for the floppage and how it is over for her movie career without being just plain schewpid. Gaga's team did not approach WB requesting to be in a movie (that's not Hollywood works lmao, not at all), Todd reached out because he wanted to cast her. :deadbanana2: Casting her in a musical does not mean she's the reason the movie is a musical. The GP is not stupid, the majority are praising her performance as some sort of redeeming quality of this trash movie. 

Like you would know how Hollywood works. :rip:

The very few members of the GP that went to see this turd are pissed that they wasted $20 and 2 hours. Their main thoughts were "please, not again" whenever Gaga opened her mouth to start singing, not "gee, this movie would have been better with more Harley scenes!" like your deluded fanbase is saying lmao.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, perfect blue said:

Like you would know how Hollywood works. :rip:

The very few members of the GP that went to see this turd are pissed that they wasted $20 and 2 hours. Their main thoughts were "please, not again" whenever Gaga opened her mouth to start singing, not "gee, this movie would have been better with more Harley scenes!" like your deluded fanbase is saying lmao.

I mean, considering that you legitimately think that one of the only two options*  why she's in this FAD is that "her team reached out to WB to be in the movie so they turned it into a musical just for her", I'd say I know certainly a lot more about how Hollywood works than you do, lmao. And glad to see that you took the time to personally interview "the very few members of the GP" to arrive at such a conclusion. In reality, most of the people blame the story itself and the directing, not the person that's in 23% of the movie. 

Sidenote: when trying to make arguments without logical fallacies, try to reason with things that you have quoted. I personally do not think that "this movie would have been better with more Harley scenes", the movie's problems are way beyond adding scenes here or there (if anything, it would've screwed up the pacing even more), nor I am a part of the "deluded fanbase" you mentioned. 

*There are many more options btw, your argument is not MECE at all.

Stefani is not an actress. She needs to let that megalomaniac delirium go and focus on her Vegas gig.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

K but she still read that script and thought it was a good idea. This movie is a flop and she's attached to it

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, polygon said:

Stefani is not an actress. She needs to let that megalomaniac delirium go and focus on her Vegas gig.

She's gotten good feedback for her performance in this film, just like she did for the previous two films she was in (including a Best Actress Oscar nom).  So yeah, she's an actress. :michael: 

• Haha 1

I like her wig. It looks very french,european,alt :gaycat2:
But yes the movie is a mess :gaycat5: karma is everywhere and is always rebounding. Bing Bong. 

Gaga is actually a rogue agent and took one for the team, she said superhero and villain movies have gone too far and she needed to put an end to them! By releasing the most catastrophic comic book of all time we can go to back to appreciating REAL films and art :clap3: 

Edited by SupremeGoddess
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MissedTheTrain said:

She's gotten good feedback for her performance in this film, just like she did for the previous two films she was in (including a Best Actress Oscar nom).  So yeah, she's an actress. :michael: 

Good feedback from the monsters:clack:

The fact is Gaga's name is as big as Phoenix's on the posters. She's been promoting it hard. The GP (most of which will never actually see the movie) will forever associate her with this disaster. This film bombing actually hurts her more than Phoenix because he's more established as an actor. Gaga sort of needed this to cement her as an A-list actress after HoG did meh. 

I don't think this is the end of Gaga's career as an actress, not by a long shot, but the studios won't be throwing as many high profile parts at her after this. If she's smart she'll go for something with a modest budget next. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.