Do monsters like Gaga's music? Why aren't they playing TJ and HM

Digitalism

monsters are fickle wbk 

• Like 2

She thought it would be another A Star Is Born 😭 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cheers said:

She thought it would be another A Star Is Born 😭 

By only planning a month-long era with mostly cover songs, not servicing a single to radio, not doing any music video or more than one performance on a talk show? You should try harder. 

What the hell is HM???

2 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

By only planning a month-long era with mostly cover songs, not servicing a single to radio, not doing any music video or more than one performance on a talk show? You should try harder. 

The Joker film is supposed to be the promo for it 😢 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cheers said:

The Joker film is supposed to be the promo for it 😢 

But where's the official single and music video? Where is the radio push :DWAS:

Can we wait a week before abbreviating songs so we know what we are talking about

• Haha 5

Just now, Doctor Dick said:

But where's the official single and music video? Where is the radio push :DWAS:

It's a "companion album to Joker: Folie à Deux." they probably thought the movie alone would suffice since the original grossed a billion 😢 

I streamed The Joker a couple of times today,  that one's a keeper

6 minutes ago, Cheers said:

It's a "companion album to Joker: Folie à Deux." they probably thought the movie alone would suffice since the original grossed a billion 😢 

But the Hot 100 needs radio to chart high so you don't make any sense :DWAS:

Edited by Doctor Dick

6 minutes ago, Cheers said:

They were definitely banking on the movie's hype to promote this album with minimal effort. 

47 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Are they tho? Chromatica debuted with 200 thousand pure sales in the US alone.  The numbers don't make sense. With those monsters playing the track only a few times a day it should be doing a lot more streams than HM's numbers today.

I'm not talking about the whole album because it's unlistenable but HM and TJ's streams should be higher with the size of the fan base 

See, I truly do think what we're seeing with Harlequin is exactly how far a fanbase alone can push an album. Chromatica had at least some buy in from the GP (the broader homosexual non-diehard Liddo GP, of course, but still, a broader group of people than would call themselves "Liddos"), whereas there is none of that here. 

:suburban:

kiss my ass

For someone who doesn't like Gaga, your daily concerns on her numbers are... concerning

david-bowie-2.thumb.jpg.c2391a527e272edc

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I feel like a good chunk of monsters haven't enjoyed a full gaga album since BTW. 

But there's also people with taste who can appreciate some of the hidden gems on her last albums. 

Not you getting brave. Acting like you guys streamed Katherine during and after Smile 

:ryan3:

Surprising concept, monsters are pop fans, not jazz and they no longer support her jazz records. It's a fanbase not a cult. 

With 30m daily streams, I think we're doing just fine. We're not farmbots that will stream 2 songs on loop 

:clack:

We get it atp. The side project flopped but then again so has Jazz for the last 60 years. Happy now? 

2 hours ago, Doctor Dick said:

You know, kinda like Beyoncé fans weren't streaming The Gift. 

it's time to seek help 

giphy.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.