BBC on Katy Perry: She's suffering from misogyny

SmittenCake

-

as much as i am not a fan of her anymore, you cant say she would be recieving the same amount of vitriol (especially from the gays) if she was a man lol. chris brown still has a career whilst ACTUALLY being an a abuser and katy's is in tatters from working with one (she brought that on herself)

• Like 6

Blame it on the misogony when the reason why she's flopping is SHE decided to work with Dr.Puke and all the songs were atrocitious. Period.

5 minutes ago, motherpills said:

as much as i am not a fan of her anymore, you cant say she would be recieving the same amount of vitriol (especially from the gays) if she was a man lol. chris brown still has a career whilst ACTUALLY being an a abuser and katy's is in tatters from working with one (she brought that on herself)

and it's mostly straight women that defend Chris Brown, it's not like you'd see people here or on stan twitter actually defend him

2 minutes ago, Britney Spears said:

BBC on Katy Perry? I thot she was ******* Orlando or whatever

:skull:

She's also suffering from bad music, bad morals and bad singles. So perhaps it's a combination of all four? 

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, bjorn said:

Blame it on the misogony when the reason why she's flopping is SHE decided to work with Dr.Puke and all the songs were atrocitious. Period.

I don't think misoginy is the direct issue in Katy's floppage but it does exist and is prominent for women in music. Young boys and men don't find you attractive anymore and women stop wanting to look like you because you're starting to show aging. It's natural but shouldn't be detrimental for music but female pop artists that used some of their PR to highlight how attractive they are whether it be in videos or performances become a victim of that when they're no longer as attractive as before. 

22 minutes ago, motherpills said:

Both deserved to be called out but it is true that men's careers are rarely affected by their actions while women can be canceled for being associated to someone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, motherpills said:

Chris Brown makes much better music though 

sorry to tell ya

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.