Pop Emergency: Madonna in London working with Stuart Price

.Odyssey.

I honestly think this will be amazing. She's also been a little more grounded after the ICU thing last year. And now she has that to write about. This might actually be her ROL but about life instead of motherhood. We'll see though 

• Thanks 2

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• .Odyssey.

• mike_int

• Big Bad Wolf

• Charmed Life

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Charmed Life said:

Good old Robster (HUGE Madonna fan) just put things into perspective after I had seconds thoughts on it being a new album:

"I double checked the pics and the only reason that makes me think it's new music is that she has her notepad in some pics with some scribbled lyrics and apparent lyrics on the screen of her laptop".

I remember him from the Madonna Fanzine days

• Like 1

I'm so excited for this album :jonny5:

I'm reading her biography right now and woah I didn't think I could love this woman more and there she is. Been a long time fan but reading about her life from her early days gives me a whole new perspective about her. Always hardworking, always a visionary, ahead of her time, timeless :WAP:

• Like 3

Watch Stuart proposing immaculate work to Madonna, then watch her ruinning it once again :gaydonnacat1:

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, SupremeGoddess said:

all of us strangers could be a great song title i'm perched 

I think it's referencing the movie from last year. It was a great movie. 

7 hours ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

This reminds me of when fans assumed we would get ROL2 when she reunited with William Orbit, and Music 2 when she reunited with Mirwais. I think the biggest lesson is we should not expect a sequel, judging by her past reunions. I can't sit through another era in which gays are having daily meltdowns because she didn't live up to their fantasies :giraffe:

I'm excited for whatever she has for us!

Yeah but William and Mirwais were push overs. Stuart is a little more in control of his producing process. 

3 hours ago, nightowl said:

Let it be new music. so thirsty. Queen :gaydonnacat1:

Let It Will Be

LOL

Edited by mike_int

4 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

Yeah but William and Mirwais were push overs. Stuart is a little more in control of his producing process. 

William and Mirwais are great producers, Mirwais contributed with some great tracks even on COAD (Future lovers, Let It Will Be, SuperPop, Fighting Spirit)

The problem is Madonnas songwriting, lack of melodies and very simple and almost basic rhyming (Killers Who Are Partying) etc.

If the melody and lyrics are bad, producers can do whatever they want but they cannot save the song

For me combination of Stuart, Mirwais and William with help of Patrick Leonard would be dreamy collaboration

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, .Odyssey. said:

Agreed. My friend was saying the other day that her biggest mistake was not going into legacy mode after Confessions, and I said that, no, her biggest mistake was forgetting that she's Madonna and that her work always had a unique pop sound that didn't come off as chasing trends. She was doing what she wanted, when she wanted. When she started following trends and sounding like she was chasing charts, it ruined her musical brand and what made her cool.

Her lack of confidence in herself is the biggest reason for her decline on the charts. I truly believe if she'd just stayed innovative and working with edgy dance producers post-Confessions, she'd still be on the charts to this day. A lot of people seem to forget just how big she was still during the Confessions era. She had a ton of good will riding into Hard Candy that she ruined with chasing the Timbaland sound and coming off as dated for the first time ever in her career. 

Give it 2 Me was truly the biggest turning point for her. While 4 Minutes had that interesting dense sound and an awesome video, the follow up was just a "look at me, I'm still young and hip and fun" attempt that became a constant theme of her music ever since. 

11 hours ago, spree said:

Lbr, even if it's Confessions-lite, I'll take it. Stuart brings out the best in her. I would love another seamless album with his production. 

Nah it's Patrick Leonard who will always remain M's best collaborator

13 hours ago, .Odyssey. said:

Agreed. My friend was saying the other day that her biggest mistake was not going into legacy mode after Confessions, and I said that, no, her biggest mistake was forgetting that she's Madonna and that her work always had a unique pop sound that didn't come off as chasing trends. She was doing what she wanted, when she wanted. When she started following trends and sounding like she was chasing charts, it ruined her musical brand and what made her cool.

Her lack of confidence in herself is the biggest reason for her decline on the charts. I truly believe if she'd just stayed innovative and working with edgy dance producers post-Confessions, she'd still be on the charts to this day. A lot of people seem to forget just how big she was still during the Confessions era. She had a ton of good will riding into Hard Candy that she ruined with chasing the Timbaland sound and coming off as dated for the first time ever in her career. 

I agree, until Confessions it was Madonna who was creating trends, after Confessions she started to follows them and it was beginning of the end of her uniqueness and artistic growth. Of course with some exceptions.

The "Timbaland" sound was everywhere already from 2005 and in 2008 when Hard Candy was released it didnt sound fresh anymore.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, reymiu said:

Nah it's Patrick Leonard who will always remain M's best collaborator

I really believe she should stop chasing "youth" when it comes to sound and image and concentrate on her icon status.

She is wearing this regal clothes quite often, so give us what made you queen. Give us quality music, songs with melodies and meaning, timeless production and value.

Stop with the mumbling rappers and tiktok songs.

13 hours ago, ArtForFreedom said:

My only issue with Confessions was the videos aged like milk 

iSm28Q.gif 

Hung up is amazing, Sorry is OK (actually more thank OK because she's stunting), Jump was always terrible, GT can't call that proper a video 😅

1 hour ago, mike_int said:

William and Mirwais are great producers, Mirwais contributed with some great tracks even on COAD (Future lovers, Let It Will Be, SuperPop, Fighting Spirit)

The problem is Madonnas songwriting, lack of melodies and very simple and almost basic rhyming (Killers Who Are Partying) etc.

If the melody and lyrics are bad, producers can do whatever they want but they cannot save the song

For me combination of Stuart, Mirwais and William with help of Patrick Leonard would be dreamy collaboration

Absolutely, these producers are great, it's all on her and hopefully she's more mature these time around

I really do believe her reuniting with Stuart has the potential to become her best album in years. While Madonna brings A LOT to the table during the creative process, he's not afraid to tell her when she gets an idea into her head that sucks, and I get the impression she listens to him more than any other producer she's ever had, which is exactly what she needs right now.

Edited by Charmed Life

When you listen to what those two guys said about working with Madonna.... 

While Orbit wants to work with her again, he said he hated the recording process of MDNA. 

As for Mirwais, he simply answers in an interview that he wasn't responsible of the choice of the autotune treatment. Plus he kinda posts something lately shading plastic surgery and autotune so.....

Edited by Bencharmer

6 minutes ago, Bencharmer said:

When you listen to what those two guys said about working with Madonna.... 

While Orbit wants to work with her again, he said he hated the recording process of MDNA. 

As for Mirwais, he simply answers in an interview that he wasn't responsible of the choice of the autotune treatment. Plus he kinda posts something lately shading plastic surgery and autotune so.....

personally I care about music and final product, whatever they little fights are about is between them.

Im not surprised Orbit didnt like MDNA, he said many times he doesnt want to work under pressure o recording companies to dictate him what he should do, what sound to follow, what should be the final lenght of the song. That is absolutely normal for someone who is invested into his artistry and doesnt do it only for check.

I also understand Mirwais since as producer of the instrumental to have something to say in production of vocals, since these two together makes the final product. Again, he is one of those who wont do something he cannot stand behind and I like it.

(btw. can you post what he said about M and plastic surgery? Cause without proof it is just, "someone said something ... ")

Cause of people like this we always get something new, progressive and exciting. Then you have producers who are doing what everybody else is doing and ... well, just look what albums have been released this year and their lack of longevity and uniqueness.

update: Im huge M fan and grew up on her music and listen to her till now regularly if not daily sometimes, but I also have not much positive to say about her choice of plastic surgey, from face to BBL. That is what it is.

Edited by mike_int

I agree, until Confessions it was Madonna who was creating trends, after Confessions she started to follows them and it was beginning of the end of her uniqueness and artistic growth. Of course with some exceptions.

The "Timbaland" sound was everywhere already from 2005 and in 2008 when Hard Candy was released it didnt sound fresh anymore.

Fans always say what you just said, but is it really that simple?

What about Bedtime Stories? Babyface and Dallas Austin were both huge when she worked with them. So was David Foster when she released Something to Remember. What trends was she chasing when she released ***** I'm Madonna or God Control and Batuka? Even I Don't Search I Find came out before the recent 90s house revival from Gaga/Beyonce/Ariana and more…

Edited by T.O.A.D.S.

16 minutes ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Fans always say what you just said, but is it really that simple?

What about Bedtime Stories? Babyface and Dallas Austin were both huge when she worked with them. So was David Foster when she released Something to Remember. What trends was she chasing when she released Gang Bang, ***** I'm Madonna or God Control and Batuka? Even I Don't Search I Find came out before the recent 90s house revival from Gaga/Beyonce/Ariana and more…

I dont know if it is simple or not, good thing doesnt have to be simple. Just look at ROL, it was longest she ever recorded album (at that time)and went through different stages of it but at the end  it worked. So if it worked before with ROL, Music,AL,COAD there is big chance it might work again.

Based on my humble opinion,  God Control, Batuka, I dont search I find, B**** Im Madonna, are amongst the worst songs she ever released so ...

During HC Timbaland was already recycling his beats.

Listen Florida's Elevator, its pure 4 minutes

Edited by mike_int

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.