Will the FIFA World Cup Halftime Show unseat the Super Bowl Halftime Show?

Feanor

Battle of the Halftime Shows…  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Will the FIFA World Cup Halftime Show become a bigger deal than the Super Bowl Halftime Show?

• Yes.
    • No.

Everyone knows that the FIFA World Cup is a (much) bigger deal than the Super Bowl on a global scale.

That being said, the Super Bowl Halftime Show itself has a global reach that extends far beyond the actual Super Bowl game. Pop culture fans from all over the world check in with the Halftime Show performance, and some of them get hundreds of millions of views on YouTube. FIFA, or football/soccer in general, does not have any live performance slot that's comparable to that… yet:

FIFA is now officially launching a proper "Super Bowl-style" Halftime Show for the World Cup 2026 Final, which is set to take place in the US.

Do you think the FIFA World Cup Halftime Show will unseat the Super Bowl Halftime Show and will, as live performance spectacle, become a bigger deal?

michael-jackson-reading.gif

Edited by Feanor

No 1 in my country uses the FIFA World Cup! Deal with it!

• Thumbs Down 2

It could rival the Super Bowl but the fifa thing is only once every 4 years right? So like it be any different than an Olympic performance? 

This can only work if they put relevant pop girls. This could never work if they put a local pop girl/boy band that even locals barely know. 

Edited by Happylittlepunk

Depends on who they manage to book, Shakira has been the only one to actually cause noise since 2010

They would need to book a super relevant name. And then they'd have to make the show worthwhile. But yeah, as another user already pointed out it's every four years so it won't be the same as the Super Bowl which takes place every year. But it's nice that they're trying because the global audience would be bigger for this and if the show is done good it could be the most talked about event in all of entertainment. 

For the inaugural show they should have some sort of trifecta of Afrobeat/Reggaeton/Pop superstars. Something Like Karol G + Burna Boy + Ed Sheeran maybe? 

Actually nvm, clearly I would not be good at choosing artists. :deadbanana4:

FIFA will grow and grow as football is way more popular than local US only NFL. Super Bowl halftime show already feels a bit hmm.

I can't see it being successful. Football fans usually hate any kind of performance during matches. Remember how panned Camila's appearance was at the Champions League final a couple of years ago.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, glitch said:

I can't see it being successful. Football fans usually hate any kind of performance during matches. Remember how panned Camila's appearance was at the Champions League final a couple of years ago.

Dua should be the first female performer, she's pretty well liked by football fans.

OT: I would like to see it :clap3: good luck to whoever is performing tho because the football fans can be annoying asf :toofunny2:

Rihanna is coming :clap3: 

• Haha 1

No, because soccer culture isn't really there for it, the Super Bowl is a spectacle rather than a sports event at this stage.

Plus the WC has a much bigger audience with so many cultures. It would be very hard to find an artist that resonates with everyone.

I think it will be at the same level as the Olympic ceremonies, slightly bigger. 

4 years is a long time to lose hype over a performance. 

• Like 1

It'd have to be a big act and an incredible performance. That said, it's every 4 years so… idk. It'd have to be a spectacle unlike anything we've ever seen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.